PDA

View Full Version : Directions to the spot in hamonton, NJ

platinum350
12-25-2004, 11:58 AM
I have been hearing about a place to ride in Hamonton, NJ. I was curious if anyone would be able to help me w/ directions to get there. Another member told me to take exit 28(Hamonton/vineland) off of the A.C. expressway but I don't know where to go from there. I am planing on going tomorrow morning. Any help is much appreciated, also if anyone is down to ride..let me know!!

450 Racer R
12-26-2004, 08:58 AM
you'll take 54 north, left after getting off the expressway, to rt 30 east. Stay on rt 30 east for about 10-15mins. You'll come to a light at Weymouth/Elwood Rd. There'll be the Elwood deli on the right. Make a right turn and you'll cross over railroad tracks and make the first left onto Reading Ave. You'll stay on there for about a mile and you'll come to a dirt road that crosses Reading ave, Columbia Rd. Make a right on there and you'll come to the pit. It's safe to ride there. It's owned by the police. Just make sure your bike's not stolen and you got a helmet on. Good luck

Jersey450R
12-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Yea go there!

platinum350
12-26-2004, 05:25 PM
I just wanted to say thanks bro, your directions was right on the money. Went today and had a good time. We went to the main pit and rode for a little then hit the trails. The trails where nice to rip threw till we kept coming up on these huge pudles w/ ice on top. Some got so deep that I had to be towed out of the same one twice.
Is there any other pits there? The main one had some slopy whoops. Not to many jumps. But it was fun. Thanks again!

Hey jersey 450r, is this the same place you were telling me about?

450 Racer R
12-26-2004, 05:37 PM
yeah the whoops there are rough. but once you get em down there's kind of a rythym to em. you just have to ride it a while to get it down. it's a good spot to ride to keep in shape, and the trails aren't that bad either.

platinum350
12-26-2004, 06:39 PM
yeah, good time. Is that the oly pit there? You ride anywhere else?

Jersey450R
12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
thats a different pitt than i was talking about, but that pitt is alright. Little whopped out and real small. The trails suck and I get bored there real fast. theres only 3 jumps in the whole pit.

ATC350X 85
01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
DO NOT POST DIRECTIONS ON THE INTERNET TO ILLEGAL NJ RIDING SPOTS!!!! Thats a good way to ruin that spot for all the people that have been there with no problem. Use the private message feature to give directions.

450 Racer R
01-11-2005, 05:23 PM
The directions I posted are to a legal riding area. Read the post before you say anything.

ATC350X 85
01-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Ive been there and Ive seen all the litter there from careless *********s that dont give a $hit. Theyll be more of that and probably some injuries too since you just gave everyone an invitation. I read the post and in the state of NJ you are riding illegally unless you have signed documention that you are allowed on that land to ride. You are legally riding as long as you have signed documentation, or if you are at njorvp, e-town, etc.

platinum350
01-13-2005, 06:47 AM
ATC350X 85- chill out, your point was taken. No one is going to give out any more directions online.

450 Racer R
01-13-2005, 03:33 PM
the place is owned by the police athletic league. it's township property. it's ok to ride there. (i.e. no written permission is needed.) do you have a problem with reading comprehension or something? I have first hand experience with the law there and the guy told me the exact same thing that I'm telling you.

ATC350X 85
01-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Listen, I understand what your saying. A friend of mine was there when the police showed up and they said as long as you have a helmet, arent drinking and not littering its ok. Here me out. Once too many people start to ride there or anywhere for that matter people start to disrespect the place by littering etc. and the best one that ruins most spots is the guy that gets hurt and then sues the landowner, that almost always shuts things down. Ive seen it many times around my area. All Im trying to say is if you have a good spot keep it between your friends. Thats what I do, if I saw a ****load of people at my local spot that werent local Id tell 'em to take a hike and I have. Remember its New Jersey protect what you have and dont take it for granted.

Jersey450R
01-15-2005, 05:32 AM
:o