View Full Version : LSR Brake line ?

sprtrx300ex
12-25-2004, 08:00 AM
I bought LSR brake lines for my LT front end. They are 2 separate lines. Do both of them hook up to the fron brake resivior? Does anyone have any pics of this?

TC426EX
12-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Mine arent from LSR but mine seem to be the same. So yours is just 2 long lines and not 2 short lines with a Y fitting that splits to one line up to the reservoir? If thats the case, both lines just run directly up to the reservoir, and they should have come with a new fitting to mount both lines that way to the reservoir. It should have the fitting you need, and also some small brass or copper washers that seal the banjo fitting. It usually alternates... You put a washer, then a brake line, then a washer, then a brakeline, etc... Hopefully it is setup like this because I think this setup is alot better than the typical 3 line setup for front brakes. Hopefully this helps out, if not, then post some more details about what your setup is like, since Im not familiar with the LSR's...

sprtrx300ex
12-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Mine arent from LSR but mine seem to be the same. So yours is just 2 long lines and not 2 short lines with a Y fitting that splits to one line up to the reservoir? If thats the case, both lines just run directly up to the reservoir, and they should have come with a new fitting to mount both lines that way to the reservoir. It should have the fitting you need, and also some small brass or copper washers that seal the banjo fitting. It usually alternates... You put a washer, then a brake line, then a washer, then a brakeline, etc... Hopefully it is setup like this because I think this setup is alot better than the typical 3 line setup for front brakes. Hopefully this helps out, if not, then post some more details about what your setup is like, since Im not familiar with the LSR's...

Thats exactly whawt I wanted to know! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

maskale
12-25-2004, 09:01 AM
I got some LSR brake lines also for my LT, when I saw them I was like wtf. I am also going to try and attempt to install them today, it does not seem like they are long enough to go from the reservor to the caliper though. We will see.

sprtrx300ex
12-25-2004, 09:13 AM
On the package i got they say 54". They seem long enough for me....

R3Concepts
12-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Have fun bleeding LSR dual feeds. Its gonna take about 20 minutes to an hour. Both go to the master cylinder and one to each of the calipers. But when they are on and bled, look out, stops way faster then a single feed line.

maskale
12-25-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah they were long enough, I got my on and will bleed tomorrow.

Out_Sider
12-27-2004, 08:43 PM
OMG, i feel so damn stupid now.. i thought they were just rediculously long i put them on like you would put a stock line on.. and just rigged up.... well dammit, no wonder my brakes barely worked :p im glad im educated now:huh

Out_Sider
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
lol, well it looks like im the only dumbass who has dun that.. now i feel even stupider :o

sprtrx300ex
12-28-2004, 07:13 AM
Did you get them to work? Ive spent a day bleeding and I get get the damn things to bleed right. Do you have any tips?

smith_400ex_213
12-28-2004, 09:04 AM
buy a pro-bleeder tool...im sure it will help and go way faster

maskale
12-28-2004, 06:36 PM
It is best if you have someone help you, so that you only have to concentrate on the caliper. I opened mine up and just let them gravity bleed for a while, when I stopped seeing bubbles coming out then I went to bleeding like normal. If the brakes work but it just feels mushy and the lever has to come all the way to the bar to lock them up then I usually just go a head and ride and after a while the air bubbles work there way to the top and end up in the reservor.

sprtrx300ex
12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
im havin a hell of a time. I just cant get it. Ive tried every method. Nothing. Each brake lines is good, beacuse its flowin through both