PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for a good clutch

mojoe2878
12-25-2004, 05:13 AM
i was wanting to get some advice and suggestions on a good clutch to buy from some of ya'll on here.
i have a decked out 440 and my problem now is the clutch slips all the time, i know for a fact my cable is adjusted properly so thats not the problem, the motor is just putting out too much for the clutch to handle.
i curremtly have stock clutch plates along with stiffer heavy duty springs, the springs have helped it somewhat but not enough.
so if someone could give any advice on a couple good clutch kits to choose from that i can use with stock hub and pressure plate and that will handle the motor it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance for any info.

TC426EX
12-25-2004, 06:20 AM
I know that both Curtis Sparks and GT Thunder both make a kit that utilizes the stock basket. If I was you though, I would invest in a heavy duty basket at some point. If you ARE gonna use the stock basket, you should replace it once a season since the fingers have a tendency to shear off and blow through your motor causing very serious damage. If your bike is a few years old, I would buy at least a new stock basket when you install the 8 plate kit.

mojoe2878
12-25-2004, 08:59 AM
thanks for the info on the basket. the stock basket is only a few months old but it does wear grooves in the fingers pretty quickly, so i guess i will get a stonger basket as well to help from tearing up anything. any suggestions on a good brand of clutch to go with.

cals400ex
12-25-2004, 12:58 PM
yep, sparks or gt thunder plates. the hinson baskets seem to be really durable and popular, but not really cheap.