PDA

View Full Version : Lowering kit for my truck.

DEAL
12-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Wheres the best place to buy a lowering kit for my truck .. 93 dodge Dakota?

Got nads?
12-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Stylin' Concepts seems to have good prices, but I'm not to sure if anybody actually even makes a lowering kit for a 93' Dodge Dakota.

DEAL
12-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
Stylin' Concepts seems to have good prices, but I'm not to sure if anybody actually even makes a lowering kit for a 93' Dodge Dakota.

I've done some searching and have found a few kits for them.. but I don't want to end up with garbage.

chucked
12-24-2004, 01:39 PM
yea u can get them, but u might as well get one of them rainbow stickers for the tailgate

bulkdriverlp
12-24-2004, 01:55 PM
may as well lower it, cant haul anything heavy in the back.lol

DEAL
12-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
may as well lower it, cant haul anything heavy in the back.lol

Why would I bother lifting a 2 wheel drive anyways?

DEAL
12-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by chucked
yea u can get them, but u might as well get one of them rainbow stickers for the tailgate

Yeah .. I supose I'd look really cool with a lifted 2 wheel drive truck as well.. :rolleyes:

chucked
12-24-2004, 02:01 PM
sure why not?

DEAL
12-24-2004, 02:03 PM
sure why not?

Lift it .. put big tires on it ... burn twice as much gas .. and still not be able to offroad with it ... makes sence .. especially since 99% of my driving is in the city.

chucked
12-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Lift it .. put big tires on it ... burn twice as much gas .. and still not be able to offroad with it ... makes sence .. especially since 99% of my driving is in the city.

lower it, total it on a speed bump, makes sence

DEAL
12-24-2004, 03:31 PM
2 inches is gonna destroy it on a speed bump? :rolleyes:

chucked
12-24-2004, 03:32 PM
2 inches is gonna destroy it on a speed bump? :rolleyes:

omg you are a tight ***

Got nads?
12-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Go with either Bell tech or DJM. I have lowered four trucks. A 88 GMC shortbox 2-4 drop(DJM), a 94 Chevy S-10 SS 4-6 drop(belltech), a 98 dodge dakota R/T 3-3 drop(DJM), and a 98 ford f-150 shortbox 3-4 drop( belltech). Bell Tech makes about the best components and are reasonably priced. You also get a little more drop with belltech. Oh yeah, I have hauled my quads on all of these trucks!!!!!!!

Got nads?
12-24-2004, 06:47 PM
P.S. I did used to get hung up on speed bumps with the S-10.:bandit:

notfastenuf4me
12-24-2004, 07:29 PM
All u need it air psssssssst got bags

nosliw
12-24-2004, 07:32 PM
omg you are a tight ***

lmao

settle down children....

quadrcr161
12-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Got Nads is right, belltech and DJM are good companies but stay away from anything from AIM. if they get around to shipping you something it prob wont be for you truck. i dont see how that company is still in business. its a little more rare for someone to lower a dodge so the kits will be a little more difficult to find. also check on a set of shocks,(toxic) it will help the ride quality out a lot, and be sure to get an alignment. another thing, after you install everything, drive about 500-750 miles and then retighten all the parts. dont let anyone tell you what to do, its your truck and lowering a truck/car isnt as big of a deal as some people make it out to be, they just dont have a clue what they are talking about.

SixthFloorFreak
12-24-2004, 10:18 PM
check www.macsspring.com to see if Western Chassis makes any parts for your truck. i've been real happy with all the Western Chassis parts i've used

also, if Doetsch Tech makes shocks for your truck, that's what i'd use

stocktires
12-24-2004, 10:35 PM
djm and belltech are safe bets. I'll all depends on how much you want to spend.
If you have the cash, get new shocks. Belltech makes good shocks. Their "nitro drop shocks" are made to compete with toxic drop shocks and are both nice for the amount of money. If you can afford it, get "nitro-active drop shocks" from belltech, they're top-notch. Last truck we dropped had these and the owner loves them.
As long as you dont cut springs or take out leafs or any other ghetto crap, you truck should come out nice.

toby400ex
12-24-2004, 11:10 PM
lower it, total it on a speed bump, makes sence You are a ***got, stfu if u have no good information.

stocktires
12-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
You are a ***got, stfu if u have no good information.

damn toby, chill out bro. Let his lifted truck get hit by a low flying aircraft, who cares.

blondie69
12-25-2004, 06:41 AM
omg, lmao, u guys are harsh!!! Let him lwr his truck, it's not like he's goin offroading, all he's lookin for is info on it, might look okay for that type of truck? Ya never know, and I wouldn't ever be able to picture it lifted:eek:

DEAL
12-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by blondie69
omg, lmao, u guys are harsh!!! Let him lwr his truck, it's not like he's goin offroading, all he's lookin for is info on it, might look okay for that type of truck? Ya never know, and I wouldn't ever be able to picture it lifted:eek:

I knew I'd get chewed out for lowering a truck on here ...
Hicks just don't understand that its pointless for me to lift my truck.

blondie69
12-25-2004, 06:58 AM

Hey now, I'm a hick...you live in the city/do city driving, that's the thing for in there, your not goin offroading, the worst problem you would overcome would be speed bumps, but w/ only a 2" drop, I doubt you'd have to worry about that too much...I live in the sticks....I like my trucks lifted nice n high...that's cuz I'd go offroadin w/ it, or if not that...be goin out woods roads to give my dad stuff...you can't take no lil lowered truck out there, and I wouldn't be doing an over excessive amt. of city driving.

DEAL
12-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by blondie69
Hey now, I'm a hick...you live in the city/do city driving, that's the thing for in there, your not goin offroading, the worst problem you would overcome would be speed bumps, but w/ only a 2" drop, I doubt you'd have to worry about that too much...I live in the sticks....I like my trucks lifted nice n high...that's cuz I'd go offroadin w/ it, or if not that...be goin out woods roads to give my dad stuff...you can't take no lil lowered truck out there, and I wouldn't be doing an over excessive amt. of city driving.

I almost bought a lifted jeep before this truck, But realized how pointless it was for me to own it.

Kennethyfz450
12-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Don't worry about it! lower that truck its yours!

people make me angry sometimes..

example: if you have a two wheel drive truck it better be kept stocked or lowered.. its the most stupidest thing in the world to get a 2wd truck and lift it.. (i got stuck in the mud one time, and this guy was playing in a field right beside the big mud hole, so i got his attention and asked if he could pull me out...-this truck was huge with massive mud tires- he said he oculdnt its only 2 wheel drive!

i talk him into trying and the next thing i knew we was both stuck,wet,muddy.. then some guy in a freaking stock toyato tacamo 4x4 came up and pulled us both out!:eek2:

now thats funny right their i dont care who you are..

anyhow what size engine do yuou have in the dakota? do you have any pictures.. because some trucks look better with stock height just by messing with the torsion bars... have you tried that yet?

DEAL
12-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
Don't worry about it! lower that truck its yours!

people make me angry sometimes..

example: if you have a two wheel drive truck it better be kept stocked or lowered.. its the most stupidest thing in the world to get a 2wd truck and lift it.. (i got stuck in the mud one time, and this guy was playing in a field right beside the big mud hole, so i got his attention and asked if he could pull me out...-this truck was huge with massive mud tires- he said he oculdnt its only 2 wheel drive!

i talk him into trying and the next thing i knew we was both stuck,wet,muddy.. then some guy in a freaking stock toyato tacamo 4x4 came up and pulled us both out!:eek2:

now thats funny right their i dont care who you are..

anyhow what size engine do yuou have in the dakota? do you have any pictures.. because some trucks look better with stock height just by messing with the torsion bars... have you tried that yet?

Its only a 3.9
I just want to lower it a bit so it will handle a little better.
I don't have any pics of the truck yet, I may take some later on today .. its pretty ugly right now.

stocktires
12-25-2004, 01:02 PM
4wd's go up, and 2wd's go down. It's as simple as that, no need to argue. If I had a 4wd I would no doubtfully be saving for some bigger tires and a lift kit. My 2wd Sierra is dropped 2 in the rear to level it out, I may go another inch front and rear but nothing more on a daily driver/quad hauler.
Found any kits or components for that dak?

stocktires
12-25-2004, 01:08 PM
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/825/CategoryID/30/SubCategoryID/206

Belltech makes some things. for a decent price you could get 2" front coils and rear hangers & shackles (3"). Nice little 2/3 kit. Belltech & Toxic make shocks for your truck, $32 a shock for toxic and $39 for nitro drops from belltech.

Big400EX
12-25-2004, 01:23 PM

When your an *** and drive over speed bumps un-responsibly, chances are your not going to be seeing a lot of speed bumps, I haven't seen a speed bump in like 2 years man. Or are they going to start installing those randomly on the street in your opinion?

nacs400ex
12-25-2004, 06:01 PM

Grow up and get some common sense.
Why lift a 2 wheel drive truck ? But, hey you know everything, maybe you could explain to everyone the purpose of having a lifted 2-wheel drive.

nacs400ex
12-25-2004, 06:09 PM

I hear ya, some people are closeminded sometimes. I get the same thing, people laugh at me for driving a lowered s10. They say it isnt fast and that trucks suck lowered blah blah blah.

Well to say the least, the 350 in it HAULS, and 9 times out of 10 I am having the last laugh, while their foot is in their mouth. :p

SRH
12-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah .. I supose I'd look really cool with a lifted 2 wheel drive truck as well.. :rolleyes:

prerunners...west coast trucsk...a ton of them are 2 wheel drive... etc, makes no sense tho to lift one in canada its all 4x4 offroading there, i love the look of a hooked up truck just not the rednecks 4x4 mudboggers... i drive 2 wheel drive ranger eventually id like to do a motorswap, bent i beams 6 inch lift ,4 inch in the back on 33s..i want the desert look, i love it ive been into those trucks forever, i dotn want the i have sex with my sister look

lower it like 2 inches and put some 17s on there and youll have a nice clean looking truck i just wouldnt put graphics, neons or a wing on it....

SRH
12-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Grow up and get some common sense.
Why lift a 2 wheel drive truck ? But, hey you know everything, maybe you could explain to everyone the purpose of having a lifted 2-wheel drive.

you guys are right:huh , no your comment was just as ignorant as everyone else saying lowering it is stupid

http://www.prerunners.net/members/photos/my%20truck%20landing%202_full.jpg

toby400ex
12-25-2004, 11:11 PM
I almost lifted my 2wd drive ranger. But then realized to get anything out of a lifted 2wd Ill need a locking rear end, and expensive tires. Most anywhere around here to offroad, a 2wd with a locker would be a *****. So I lower it 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the back. I cant beleive how well it handles now.

SRH
12-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
I almost lifted my 2wd drive ranger. But then realized to get anything out of a lifted 2wd Ill need a locking rear end, and expensive tires. Most anywhere around here to offroad, a 2wd with a locker would be a *****. So I lower it 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the back. I cant beleive how well it handles now.

lol i love the quote in your sig:p

LTZ400rider
12-25-2004, 11:31 PM
put a supercharger on it, drop the front, lift the rear, and get some m/t's. see now every1 would stop fightin about the damn truck cuz it would be lifted and dropped. make it a sniffer:macho

Got nads?
12-26-2004, 04:12 PM

:devil: