PDA

View Full Version : easy installation?

redrider311
12-24-2004, 11:27 AM
i just purchased an LSR +2/+4 axle.. and i was going to havea friend install it for me.. but i wanted to know if this was something i could do myself... i kinda just wanted to know what to do and some kinda instructions.. thanks guys

400exrider707
12-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Pretty simple. More tedious than anything but anyone who is even barely mechanically inclined could do it.

JRDrider22
12-24-2004, 12:26 PM
just make sure you know which bolts go where and what ever way it comes off it has to go on too the same way. YOU MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE AXLE NUT. go out and get a antifade as well too.

redrider311
12-24-2004, 01:07 PM
tell me if this is an ok thing to do...
take off the wheels and hubs..
loosen the chain.. take off the sproket and brakes and stuff..
how do i get the axle nut off? ive heard theres alot of problems with this.. and then what do i do after that? do i need to grease anything etc etc. ?

JRDrider22
12-24-2004, 01:09 PM
sound pretty good. the axle nut is reverse thread, remember that. and dont ruin the o ring clip

Tommy 17
12-24-2004, 01:54 PM
#1 pull wheels off

#2 pull hubs off

#3 loosen the axle nut (leave the chain and brake on for this... u need something to stop the axle from spinning because sometime its a ***** to get off) remember its also a reversed tread

#4 once the axle nut is loose take off the chain and brakes

#5 back the nut off the axle till u can see the snap ring

#6 take off the snap ring

#7 slide the lock nut off

#8 slide the brake rotor off the axle

#9 slide the axle out of the carrier towards the chain side

now if ur goin to leave the carrier in u don't need to do these steps just slide teh new axle back in and put everything back...

if u take the carrier out to inspect it or replace it also u need 2

#1 pull the locking snap ring off the brake side

#2 slide off the brake calipar holder

#3 slide the carrier out towards the chain side