PDA

View Full Version : ignition ket switch question..

Jersey450R
12-24-2004, 07:21 AM
I'm relocating my temp light and key switch. i have the temp light done already. On the key switch, is there anyway the get the black plastic ring on the top of the switch off? I dont think it comes off. And, does the ignition wire pull out of the plug under the hood? I cant get that out either. help.

04trx450R
12-24-2004, 07:31 AM
No, the ring doesnt come off the ignition,,,, if you remove the plug from its mount on the frame it is a lot easier to unplug it, just slide the assembly off the mount

Jersey450R
12-24-2004, 07:44 AM
i tried to unplug it but i didnt want to break it. i guess you have to yank up pretty hard? Is there a click thing you have to squeeze or pull apart?

Jersey450R
12-24-2004, 11:08 AM
this is driving me nuts! how can i get the plug out?

bobbo97f150
12-24-2004, 12:23 PM
The plug comes out from the bottom and yes there is a plastic clip type thing you have to kinda seperate. It is easier like 04trx450r said, to just pull the whole plug assembly off the frame and then seperate them. To get it off the frame, you look at the little thin tab coming off the frame and where the plug hooks onto that tab, there is a thin piece of plastic. Use a nail or something pointy and small to seperate the thin piece of plastic from that metal tab and pull up on the whole assembly. Then you'll see the clip type thing you have to seperate to get the ignition plug off.

This is off topic but...Hell has just frozen over, it's snowing in Southeast Texas.

roughrider01
12-24-2004, 09:15 PM
To get the plug-in off the frame just grab a flathead screwdriver and push it in there while slightly pulling. Eventually you will find the right spot and itll slide right out. You dont need to yank real hard, itll come out with one finger pulling on it if you have the screwdrivers in the right spot.

For me it was alittle harder to get the plug-ins seperated after you got them off the frame. Again you need to jam the same screwdriver in there and pull it pretty good since its suctioned on there.

Once you find the right spot itll get alot quicker for ya.

I wish it was easier to explain but for me its not, youll figure it out.