PDA

View Full Version : Have you donated ????

QuadJunkies
12-24-2004, 12:10 AM
I was just curious if anyone here has donated to a worthy cause this Christmas????

I dont know about you all, but at my work every year we donate to children that may not have a Christmas :( Every year I pick a child to sponsor and every year it makes me feel soooo much better to know that I helped put a smile on a childs face that may not have had a Christmas;)

tg413
12-24-2004, 01:08 AM
not really donated except for the people who ring the bells outside the stores, but every year there's these kids who live not far from us and they dont have much,i buy them presents. last summer i rebuilt an old 86? kdx 80 and gave it to the oldest one.(12) .............take care

QuadJunkies
12-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by tg413
not really donated except for the people who ring the bells outside the stores, but every year there's these kids who live not far from us and they dont have much,i buy them presents. last summer i rebuilt an old 86? kdx 80 and gave it to the oldest one.(12) .............take care Wow... Thats cool!!! I bet that kid looked just like this :D when he saw it!!!

Guy400
12-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Yep, every year our church participates in a county-wide program for less priviledged children. It's divided into boys and girls and then different age brackets. Once you select who you're going to buy gifts for they give you a Tupperware container and you fill it out and return it to them. Inside the container is a card you're supposed to fill out with your name/address/phone number so the kids can write thank you cards. It really is a great cause and I feel good doing it. The only bad part is once the county knows you're participating in this they hound you relentlessly for donations. So, for the last couple years, my wife and I don't leave our info in there anymore.

mojoe2878
12-24-2004, 06:41 AM
for about the last 5 years now i have been taking my x-mas bonus and divide it up and anonomusly (sp) give $200 dallors each to 5 different familys that cant afford to get their kids anything for christmas and their kids would other wise not have a christmas, its not much and i wish i could do more for all the other kids out there that wouldnt get anything but atleast i get to help a few familys every year.

Big400EX
12-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by tg413
not really donated except for the people who ring the bells outside the stores, but every year there's these kids who live not far from us and they dont have much,i buy them presents. last summer i rebuilt an old 86? kdx 80 and gave it to the oldest one.(12) .............take care

If he cant get an action figure for 5 dollars, how is he ever going to get 2 gallons of gas for 10, every week or so.:confused:

SGA
12-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Im a under priviledged child :ermm:

Yeah, I help out the little tykes when I can, I kinda spread it out all year long though. Clothes, food, toys, etc.:)

Mxjunkie
12-24-2004, 08:19 AM
We do alot of toys for tots rides on the harley and donate toys etc just about everychristmas, it makes me feel soo good knowing a kid will have a huge smile on his face when he sees that he or she got what he wanted for christmas and he or shecan go to school and tell all his or her friends about it, there was a kid at my dads work and wanted to bmx but he couldnt afford a bike, nor could his parents at the time so me and my dad went out last christmas and bought him a haro, im glad we did hes the happyest kid ive seen, and he's very fun to ride with..

if anyone hasnt done this yet, id highly recomend it because if you were that kid, and had nothing, you would be SO happy if you had a present christmas :)

250xridamatt
12-24-2004, 08:30 AM
My church does that thing where you fill up at shoebox with toys for kids and send it over seas. I go to a christian school and every now and then we pay a dollar and we can wear hats and stuff like that. The money for that all goes kids in mexico or something. And out lost and found gets shipped out to kids in Germany. I also rang bells for the salvation army with my dad. Since he is in a high up position with the lions club.

ckasper18
12-24-2004, 08:30 AM
Yes i give three or four gifts a each christmas.Last yrar 2004 I got door prizes from Kenda tires DP Brakes Elka Parts Unlimited/Moose all the local dealerships and did a raffle at the quad races and we donated $2000.00 to the Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin.You get out of life what you put into life and the great feeling of giving is awesome imagine yourself in there shoes.............Chris

zephead400ex
12-24-2004, 10:23 AM
In my hometown, my dad is the mayor and my mom used to own the only cafe in town. We have been involved in a city organization that does things for the community and one of the things we have is an Angel Tree. It is a Christmas tree with paper angel ornaments that has infomation of children who are less fortunate. The papers do not give names, only sex and age. People can take an angel from the tree and purchase gifts, clothes, etc for that child. You then take the gifts to the fire department along with the angel from the tree and then the fire department and police officers take the gifts to the children.

Makes me feel good knowing that I am helping the less fortunate.

QuadJunkies
12-24-2004, 10:24 AM
thats cool that you all did and still do so much!!!! Not everyone sees this the same as us I guess and feels thisis just a easy hand out :ermm: whatever the reason, I dont think any child you go without at least a Christmas toy of maybe a warm Coat. :) Like Guy said... It makes ME feel alot better inside and makes me feel how fortunate we really are ..... ;)

tg413
12-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Big400EX
If he cant get an action figure for 5 dollars, how is he ever going to get 2 gallons of gas for 10, every week or so.:confused: he finds a way.rake yards do odd jobs,he's a good kid. confusing aint it???? 10 bucks for 2 gallons??? lmao