PDA

View Full Version : Tool

lol
12-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Anybody listen to tool on the site, i've really gotten into it there one of my fav bands now.

Dumontexrider
12-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Their alright, but their kind of satanic

SGA
12-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by lol
Anybody listen to tool on the site, i've really gotten into it there one of my fav bands now.
Tool is a great band!

JRDrider22
12-23-2004, 06:16 PM
i had a sticker of them from like 1997 and stuck it on the stop sign in the road. i never knew wat it was

JR3
12-23-2004, 06:20 PM
they are pretty good saw them live they were ok

lol
12-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Dumontexrider
Their alright, but their kind of satanic

definitely some of the lyrics freak me out a lil bit

SGA
12-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by lol
Yeah thats true but damn they rock hard!
Great guitar player and drummer.

Scott-300ex
12-23-2004, 06:55 PM
I like them, long *** songs though:huh

Guy400
12-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Awesome...one of my favorite bands!

JOEX
12-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by lol
I heard that Maynard had a messed up childhood:ermm:

On the AEnima cd flip the cover over so pic with the guy sitting on the floor is up against the grooved plastic and you'll see a rather disturbing animation:eek:

SGA
12-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
On the AEnima cd flip the cover over so pic with the guy sitting on the floor is up against the grooved plastic and you'll see a rather disturbing animation:eek:
Joe, I must have you pegged all wrong. I didnt even think you had even heard of Tool.
Somehow I got the idea you listened to slow music and were very laid back and never did much in the way of excitement.

JOEX
12-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Joe, I must have you pegged all wrong. I didnt even think you had even heard of Tool.
Somehow I got the idea you listened to slow music and were very laid back and never did much in the way of excitement.
Well that's mostly true:o :ermm:

I do like the hard rock but haven't been listening to it lately. I have most of Tools cds as well as Alice in Chains and Live, those are probably my three favorites;)

MotoX3
12-23-2004, 09:19 PM
whats it show Joe?:macho

maggiesboy
12-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Tool Kicks *****! Does anyone really care if a band is "satanic" anymore? Just listen to the music if you like it, if not turn if off. My favorite song is "hooker with a penis", it's about transvestite nuns who rape child raping priests!:devil: Just kidding for all of you easy doers out there. No really, it is!

SRH
12-23-2004, 09:20 PM
tool and excitement in the same sentence? i heard one of there songs on the radio, it was just long as hell and boring...ive never understood why people say there such a great band...i jsut dotn see it...i honestly thought they sucked and changed the station...

lol
12-23-2004, 09:28 PM
yea but download the song called prison sex, sick song right there!

alimdar2times
12-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah, Tool rocks hard. If you really dig 'em that much, check out Maynard's other band "A Perfect Circle." Really good deep sound.

bansheeguy77
12-24-2004, 12:30 AM
tool is great...sober is one of my favorite songs. orestes is another from apc. i seen them a few years ago and they were really good. their songs are really long, they just played for like 25 minutes one time. it was very good but got old after a while. they opened with sober which was great. but then maynard went backstage and changed into a thong. and came out wearing only that. kinda strange but oh well

Guy400
12-24-2004, 06:42 AM
I can't name one single song that's my favorite. I like the Opiate album because they were young and raw (listen to "Jerk-off"). As newer albums got released you can hear their music's progression. If I had to pick one song that felt was the 'best' I'd have to say "Push It" on the Ænima album.

Originally posted by maggiesboy
My favorite song is "hooker with a penis", it's about transvestite nuns who rape child raping priests!:devil: Just kidding for all of you easy doers out there. No really, it is! :huh
Read the lyrics. The song is aimed at people who say Tool sold out. In an interview about 6-7 years ago on a Canadian music show they asked him what that song was about. He said it was tongue-in-cheek and directed to those people calling Tool sell-outs. I'll skip some of the lines but the song starts out with:

"I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a dope Beastie T, nipple rings and new tattoos that claimed that he was OGT, from '92, the first EP. And in between sips of Coke he told me that he thought we were sellin' out, layin' down, suckin' up to the man."

(skips ahead)

"All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb f__k. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, dip s__t, and you bought one."

(skips ahead)

"So...Shut up and buy my new record...Send more money...
F__k you, buddy."

You can see who this song points out. I don't even see how it can even be interpreted as being about transvestite nuns who rape child-molesting priests:huh

zephead400ex
12-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Wow....you guys are some tough critics!:) I really don't know how to respond to this...

I saw Tool last July, man, what a f*cking show! Maynard is a little weird, but he
s a musician, that is what makes him unique. The entire show he stood in the exact same place, never moved except between songs he would leave stage. Between songs all the lights would go off, Maynard would leave the stage and come back with less clothes on. By the end of the show, he was in a pink bra and panties....weird to most but to me, it's James Keenan Maynard.

I love APC, one of my favorite bands! Tool redid No Quarter, originally by Led Zeppelin. That songs is one of my favorites of Zep and of Tool.

To be honest, I'm really surprised at some of the post saying that their "alright" or "ok." I'm not bashing you guys, just really surprised!

I have some Tool mp3's if anyone is interested. If so, pm me!:)

maynard22
12-24-2004, 12:50 PM
Tool music has nothing to do with satanic stuff, i have been listening to tool for a number of years and there is no band out there that can even touch their talent.

jsc
12-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Yes, Maynard is a genuine musician with a sound all his own. APC is just the "lighter" side of Maynard.