PDA

View Full Version : what can a 416 beat?

400EXdude
12-23-2004, 05:24 PM
hey im pretty sure im getting a 416 kit for my 400EX thanks to all the help from all the people on here...lol...but anyways i was just wondering what a 416 was capable of beating....and its gonna have a 416 kit...stage 2 hot cams...K and N air filter....proper jetting...A revbox and possibly a headpipe....(it already has a White Brothers E-series slip on..) and keep in mind i am a pretty good rider...i have been riding for about 7 years now...and i mostly mean what can this beat in a strait drag race...or woods racing...

P:S...any other mods that would help greatly i would appreciate the advice..thanks..

nosliw
12-23-2004, 05:27 PM
i dont know what it's capable to beating.

a full system and some port and polish work are some other things you can do though

4StrokinJay
12-23-2004, 05:48 PM
In a drag it should beat a 400 ex...;)
It all comes down to the rider when in the woods though. If you're good, you can smoke any bike in the woods.

400exracer511
12-23-2004, 07:34 PM
my 416 with the same mods you mentioned doesnt have the bottom end torque that a z400 has but in a drag race i think it would start to pull away after a little ways. i doubt it would touch a yfz of 450r

If you are planning on riding in the woods i wouldnt get the stage II hotcam, it is more for top end power like you want for motocross, get the stage I (more low end power) for woods riding

like nosliw said a full exhaust and port & polish will help alot

khen
12-23-2004, 09:02 PM
The biggest thing I noticed with my 416 setup is how broad the powerband is now. I didn't notice any loss on the bottom end but noticed a big gain in the mid and top end. The EX is so much easier to ride on the MX track now. I don't have to worry so much about keeping it in a narrow powerband out of the corners anymore.

As far as drag racing I haven't raced mine enough to give a conclusive answer. I raced a buddy of mine once on his piped YFZ at the track, I stayed with him neck and neck through 4th gear into the corner where I edged him out for the holeshot(I had the better line). He beats me in hillshooting at the dunes pretty good though but between me and my quad I'm carrying 85lbs more than he is. I would guess that he still has quite a few more horsepower than I do and that if we got into 5th gear it would be over.

SHADETREE101
12-30-2004, 07:20 AM
i have the 416 with satge 2 cam, ported head black diamond valves sparks x6 pipe and 8 plate clutch with wiseco basket and a timing advanced rev box. i can run down 440's, and a few 470 because of their stroke they don't rev. a 465 will kill you. you can beat a stock or piped z400, and run with but not beat the 450's if they are stock. i also run with a raptor that is piped but he pulls be by two to threee bikes in the end. make sure you use a 14/38 gearing. and by the way from all the drag racing i've done and the second gear holeshots i am now splitting the cases because i rounded off second gear. just something to think about.