PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Ignition HELP!!!!!

Wayne64SS
12-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Hey guys i just bought a vortex ignition and when i first start the quad the temp light no longer illuminates for a few seconds like it used to. Is this normal or is thing screwed up?? I pulgged the old one back in and bingo lit right up again. my second question is will the temp light work if the quad gets too hot with the new ignition??????? Thanks guys!

chad502ex
12-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
Hey guys i just bought a vortex ignition and when i first start the quad the temp light no longer illuminates for a few seconds like it used to. Is this normal or is thing screwed up?? I pulgged the old one back in and bingo lit right up again. my second question is will the temp light work if the quad gets too hot with the new ignition??????? Thanks guys!

vortex temp light thing you speak of is true. You can email vortex like i did and they will tell you its by design. if ya want i'll try to dredge up the old vortex emails and forward them to you to read.

don't worry.

hope this helps.

Wayne64SS
12-23-2004, 05:02 PM
i read this just after i got off the phone with Duncan racing. anyone else who is wondering your temp light will not come on during startup and will not come on if the bike overheats. it will however illuminate whenever the bikes fan comes on. which should be long before it overheats. very interesting .... i cant wait to beat the crap out of this thing and see if its faster!

chad502ex
12-23-2004, 05:11 PM
way to use your resources wayne.

jasson450r
12-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Is it just the vortex, or if you remove the key and run the red and black wirers togather, will it still do the same if you don't run the key?