PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake dragging badly

asdf450r
12-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Recently, well the yesterday actually, i decided to check to see how bent up my stock rims are (pretty bent heh) so i put my quad on a bucket of clout, and tried turning the rear end in neutral. i noticed that it was pretty hard to turn due to my rear brake dragging, actually to the point that it was difficult to turn the rear axle by hand. I know its normal for disc brakes to drag a little bit, but this is bad. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks

BuB400
12-23-2004, 01:07 PM
get rid of the parking brake if there is one. Smoked 2 sets of pads because of mine. Over time they sieze up and don't work.

bobbo97f150
12-23-2004, 01:28 PM
It could be your rotor is bent or your carrier bearings could be shot. Check that after the parking brake.

1fastR
12-23-2004, 01:33 PM
you should try taking the pads out of the caliper and then try turning the axle and make sure its not something in the axle carrier, just remove the 1 bolt from the caliper and it will swing upward and the pads fall out-really easy to do

If you know its the pads for sure just ignore.

Punk'd
12-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Yea parking brakes on sport quads are terrible.. Take that thing off. Mine did the same I just messed with that screw in the back untill I got it to work right. I also had a prob with my brake light but nuthin a good ol hammer couldnt fix:D