PDA

View Full Version : Made it through this ****e!!!

sharkinthepool
12-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Well I survived last night!

Had an 80year old Oak tree start loosing branches in the middle of the night. The good thing is, I heard them start breaking and got the woman and I up and down stairs. About 3:15 this morning the finnin thing came through the roof of the house! finning peice of ****e!!! Landed right were the woman and I were sleeping at! Damn thing felt like a bomb going off (it is funny in playstation games and on tv you always see the camera shake back and forth, yeah it is something like that). Damn woman slept right through the crapola coming apart! I was like what the hell! Good thing the quads and bikes are somewhere else! The other tree in the back of the house came apart and landed on the garage. Luckily at 3:30 I moved all the vehicles over to the school parking lot, just incase some of that finnin thing decided to go that way!

The only car that got any damage out of it was the Neon (the flea). Kind of pissed me off. I really like her! 40mpg, and drives nice in the snow. Big dent in the drivers side rear and the trunk will not open now! And a lot of little dents on the hood and top!

popo
12-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Ya we got hit hard... I had a 30' pine tree on top of my shop this morning. Only damage is to gutters.

The house behind us took a tree branch thru the his car drivers side window.

sharkinthepool
12-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Yeah it got pretty bad there for a while. You could hear trees breaking all around the neighborhood. Sounded like Gun Shots at 4:00 am. I could not fall back asleep. I was up listening to it since 1:45.

sharkinthepool
12-23-2004, 11:23 AM
All of this would not be to bad but two days before Christmas is just a bite in the pants!

Had to get all the guns and presents and everything out of the house, so nothing gets ruined!:mad:

Shawn H
12-23-2004, 11:36 AM
That sucks at least your all ok!!

Got any pics of the tree? How big is the hole?

Popo did you guys loose phones or did Laz Been trying to get a hold of him all day and the operator says all lines are busy or some crap>

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 05:27 AM
Dude where Laz is at he is probably lucky if he still has electric today "Monday" There are people on the east side of Columbus today, who still do not have electric. The farther east it went the lighter it go. But Laz is still North of 70 so he still got hit pretty good I am sure.

*EDIT* got pics taken, but they are still at the photo place.

popo
12-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Well I spoke to soon. My electric went out Sunday morning at 02:00 A.M. and AEP is stating power won't be restored in my area until Wednesday.

I got lucky and found a vacant hotel room.

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 07:06 AM
That sucks POPO. If you need anything you be sure and let me know. I am one of the lucky ones through this. The damage I have is minor. And the electric is on. The line is still laying in my back yard but I still have service.

Shawn H
12-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Yea I got a hold of Laz he was hit hard too> No phone or electric he's working with headlamps and generators,No phone either, A big ol Tree fell down on his rode blocking it too>

Good thing he's in Florida for the Atv olympics