PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 400ex CHEAP!! Making a 650ex

Humdinger4u
12-23-2004, 09:20 AM
I'm looking for a straight frame and "A" arms, It can have a blown motor, broken plastic, tore seat, bald tires....I don't care what it looks like other than I need a straight frame and be somewhat complete. In other words I'm looking for a project 400ex; I want to make a 650ex or 750ex to play in the sand.

I live in Denver, I would drive to any of the neighboring states to pick it up, don't want to pay for shipping unless it's a GREAT deal.

Let me know guys?

Email address is: Briels1@comcast.net

303-657-9258

Michael

Humdinger4u
12-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Bump

Humdinger4u
12-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Anyone? I know you guys out there know someone that had a POS 400ex and it's just sitting there and that person doesn't know what to do with it?? It has to be straight though, I don't care if it has a motor or it's blow up. I'm just looking for a good starting point to make something nasty in the sand.

Thanks guys, Michael

WRXen
01-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Mine is not in that bad of condition, but does have a blown motor. I live in Lakewood, Co and looking to get rid of my 1999 400ex, but am stuck with a blown motor, and want to get a yfz. I do have a few extras including:

AC nerf bars w/ pro pegs and heel guards
pro taper handlebars with universal mounts
ITP wheels only used 3 days
Maier plastics
Big Gun racing full exhaust
K&N filter
RPM Mill. Bearing Carrier
14 tooth front sprocket
DID Chain
and quite a few of the stock parts laying around

I just about finished the Bearing carrier last night, just need to put on chain and adjust rear breaks. I would need to get like $1500 with all the parts on it. but, maybe you won't need all the aftermarket parts?

Mike D

Humdinger4u
01-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the 400ex Mike, it will become something else some other day. Maybe I'll see ya in Walden playing in the sand some time.

Michael

WRXen
01-09-2005, 07:53 PM
have fun building that toy, sounds like it will be incredible. I am on the post atleast everyother week so if anything comes up post on here or give me a call. I now have permission to buy the yfz!

Mike D.

Humdinger4u
01-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Good to hear Mike about the yfz. If you want to go ridding on some trails some time give me a call sometime. You've got to get your little lady into this too!!

Michael