PDA

View Full Version : should i buy the extended warranty?

Seano
12-23-2004, 04:44 AM
just got a letter warning me my 90 day warranty is up. it says i still have the option to buy the extended warranty "5 years"
how has the motor reliability been with these things so far?

Jersey450R
12-23-2004, 06:03 AM
Its give or take man. From what I noticed, These quads are like blueberries, one is great and the next is sour. There have been problems in the 1st ten hours and people have had problems down the road. Me and a few of my buddies were riding and his 450R just started clanking real loud!...for no reason! Now its at JRD getting looked at. If i were you, spend the few extra dollars and get the warranty. If you make more than 50 grand a year, dont get it, lol.

Johnson
12-23-2004, 06:27 AM
If you plan on racing then I wouldn't get it because they won't fix it.

smokie11
12-23-2004, 10:27 AM
If was a Yamaha you wouldn't have to worry about it.

dunebuggie66
12-23-2004, 11:03 AM
i race and honda knows it. they still gave me a new frame after all the breaks i've had.

Punk'd
12-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by smokie11

If it was a yamaha you'd need more then one lifetime warrenty:blah:

smokie11
12-23-2004, 11:37 PM
You know why your status is You Give Me A Headache, cuz your always behind me breathing my exhaust n roost

Jersey450R
12-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by smokie11
well my buddy was sitting there the other day and his YFZ went up in flames!!! And guess what...Yamahjunk wont cover it!

Seano
12-24-2004, 05:37 AM
yeah!!! last trip smokies yami blew the countershaft seal and almost ran it dry on oil. who likes to ride with 2 quarts of oil and a spare battery in their back pack anyways?

sammy5x
12-24-2004, 09:34 AM
I work in the sales dept. at Greater Boston Motorsports here in MA. Racing will not void your warranty as the machine is billed as a race bike. Using non-Honda parts will be at the discresion of the service dept. of the particular dealership you are presenting any difficulties to. I have personally purchased ext warranties for all my machines(bikes,atvs,generators, etc.) and have always been glad I have. Think of it this way, if anyone is stupid enough to warranty something that is going to get beat to crap, then why not get it!! There are lots of people out there that will reply to this post with lots of ignorant responses like "I bought a warranty and never had to use it so it was a waste of money, or the dealership denied every claim I tried to ask for, or I dont need a warranty 'cause I work on all my stuff myself, blah, blah, blah". I am going to pick up my new 450R frame in about an hour. Thanks for my X-Mas present Honda! So lets do the math, warranty-$250-500, warrantied frame-$700-900, $5 to drive and pick it up, Telling Honda to send me a new frame-you guessed it-priceless! Just because I work at a dealership doesn't mean I don't have to plead my case like everyone else. When you bring your machine to a dealership for a possible warranty, it is their job to deny your claim because they can make more money if you have them make the ness repairs. Do not let them win!!! Stand your ground but don't act like a pissed off teen. Be professional and do not let them get the best of you. Dealerships will not lose any money for warranties. They get paid for not only the parts, the shipping, they will get paid to some extent for their time. Now when it comes to the labor of the part(s) install, that is determined by the type of warranty you purchased. I am not defending Dealerships because there are alot of bad ones out there, unfortunately:( Get all the details and read them! Good luck boys and girls and if anyone needs help with how to deal with dealerships please feel free to PM me anytime.SR-------

Jersey450R
12-24-2004, 10:28 AM
thats a good post sammy

brandonpeake
12-24-2004, 11:04 AM

well thats one of the funnier things ive heard lately i got the warranty on mine and i had the gas tank problem with the bolts sticking in it and i made 1 call and guess what i got a new tank, also if you trade bikes alot ots transferrable it makes it alot easier to sell. my dealer knows i race and i ride with the service manager , so i dont have any problems with claims, it good tomake friends with someone of possible in a service dept, makes it alot easier if they know you

smokie11
12-24-2004, 12:13 PM
I may have ran outta oil, but my quad still runs like a champ, even when there wasn't any oil in it.