PDA

View Full Version : 250R - Factory or FullBore Plastic???

nuttynewt
04-23-2002, 02:10 PM
I am in desperate need of new plastic for my "R". Does anyone have an idea which is better, factory or FullBore? I am not as concerned with the fancy looks as much as I am with the plastic holding up. I do most, if not all, of my riding in the woods and mud and you can't see the plastic most of the time, anyway. Does the FullBore full front plastic cover as much as the factory? A major concern of mine is keeping the mud from the front tires under the fenders. I wouldn't want to go with any less protection than factory. Also, does anyone know if you have to use the crappy brackets like you do with Maier? Any opinion is appreciated... thanks.

James70214
04-23-2002, 04:54 PM
the brackets are way better than the maier ones. I would get fullbore because they are both around 500, but fullbore looks cooler. They both have the same amount of protection.

XC250R
04-24-2002, 07:49 AM
You don't have as much protection as factory. The fenders are cut way higher than stock front and rear. The brackets may be better than Maier........oh no they aren't. I had to use the Maier brackets up front on my R under the hood. And this years Fullbore are cut so short that the adaptor for connecting the bracket wouldn't even reach the plastic. I ended up making my own brackets. So now that I have Fullbore and the installation headache is complete, I wouldn't want stock fenders. But for all the headache I had getting there, I would have purchased factory had I known.

You can see some pictures here..... http://photos.yahoo.com/sup250r

FullborePlastic
06-06-2006, 11:16 AM
If you are looking are trying to decide between Fullbore or stock, Fullbore is the way to go. The plastic that Fullbore uses is specific to them, and the quality is un-matched. I have talked with people who have rolled their bikes 2 - 3 times, and have no funky white marks. As far as the hardware goes, all Fullbore fenders come with necassary "good" mounting hardware. If you are looking for a cheap set for your 250R, contact me I can help you out! I have a set of a discontinued color, that I need to get rid of. (Yellow)

250r4life
06-07-2006, 02:54 PM
the full bore arent going to give you the mud protection, as already posted...

MX450
06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
the full bore arent going to give you the mud protection, as already posted...

You can get fullbore un race cut, that would give you some mud coverage

fullbores are the best lookin IMO

Iliketogofast
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
If you can afford factory plastics (I thought they were more than Fullbores??) I would get them. Not only are the OEM plastics going to be sturdier, they look a lot sexier than the ugly Fullbore hackjobs, especially when the front fenders are cut.

Fullbores do have an advantage over stocks, however. They have a hole where the radiator cap is so you don't have to take the plastics off to change it. The ugly design more than kills that feature, though.

ingleful
06-09-2006, 10:48 AM
id like to have fullbore instead of my maier..

TheFontMaster
06-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ingleful
id like to have fullbore instead of my maier..

I'd rather have maiers instead of my fullbores haha. I like how the maiers look better than the fullbores. I had maires on my 300ex, and it was rolled, and the plastics got bent so bad, but went right back to normal, no cracks nothin.