PDA

View Full Version : SOUND LIMIT RULE ( motocross )

team_450_88
12-22-2004, 09:28 PM
New sound limit rule for the "PRO CLASS" this year in 2005 for the Grand National Championship Series ( GNC )....

102db

No more tc's :( ( unless u can find a way to hush it up a little )

400exrules
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
thats gotta suck

bradley300
12-22-2004, 09:48 PM
good, its about time the gnc's go thu the same stuff the gncc guys do!

EXRIDER400KFX
12-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

AMEN!

TGW_400ex
12-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by EXRIDER400KFX
AMEN!
how much?

Rdhanded2
12-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

:macho

Rico
12-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88

No more tc's :( ( unless u can find a way to hush it up a little )

Jam a tater in it or replace are the only options I think..:ermm:

Some think 102 isn't hard to get under. 90% of the pipes on the market are louder than that at 3,500 RPM's. My powerbong and HMF with Quiet Core was just at 100 at the last GNCC i got tested at...:cool:

Ex_Rider43
12-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I think it sucks... I mean ... hey its racing!! why are they puting this kind of rule???

I was thinking about going to southwick to race the national but if I get disqualified for the sound level with the curtis sparks on the 450 I wont find it very funny!

its a good thing we dont have these kind of rules in the CMRC.

TORO1968
12-23-2004, 06:11 PM
At Silver Lake this past summer, my Ballance Pro Series HMF full system tested at only 98dB with a spark arrestor and no quiet core or torque range modifier. I question the accuracy of their testing methods though...

roostin_dale
12-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
I think it sucks... I mean ... hey its racing!! why are they puting this kind of rule???

I was thinking about going to southwick to race the national but if I get disqualified for the sound level with the curtis sparks on the 450 I wont find it very funny!

its a good thing we dont have these kind of rules in the CMRC.

there is no southwick national....

shogun_98
12-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know how loud a Sparks is on a YFZ i plan on racing some nationals this year

JRDrider22
12-23-2004, 06:19 PM
or sparks on a 400

team_450_88
12-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Unless you are a PRO ( ex. Doug Gust ,Tim Farr ) you do not have to worry about this rule...This year its just the pro's!!

Rico
12-24-2004, 06:25 AM
A sparks pipe on any quad is louder than the 102 limit.

trick450r
12-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
there is no southwick national....

did they take it out of the schedual?

TC426EX
12-24-2004, 08:09 AM
This is a RETARDED rule for MX especially. I mean its a CLOSED COURSE!!! Who you gonna offend? I wonder if the car guys have DB limits on them for drag racing and the like. HORSEPOWER produces noise alot of the time, so if you are into racing, you gotta be used to noise!! Like I said, MX is CLOSED COURSE racing, the only people who are there, are ther because they WANT to be, so I dont think theyre gonna be offended. Sure its just the Pro's now, but that rule will trickle down to everyone soon enough I guarantee it. And I was looking to sell my sparks maybe and get a TC pipe... I dont think anyone in GNC's OR GNCC'S should have to worry about this crap and Im getting angry just thinkin about this...

JRDrider22
12-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by trick450r

yep no more southwick. i mglad i dont have to worry about it. i will start finding other pipes for next year though to try them out.

250rpilot
12-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
This is a RETARDED rule for MX especially. I mean its a CLOSED COURSE!!! Who you gonna offend? I wonder if the car guys have DB limits on them for drag racing and the like. HORSEPOWER produces noise alot of the time, so if you are into racing, you gotta be used to noise!! Like I said, MX is CLOSED COURSE racing, the only people who are there, are ther because they WANT to be, so I dont think theyre gonna be offended. Sure its just the Pro's now, but that rule will trickle down to everyone soon enough I guarantee it. And I was looking to sell my sparks maybe and get a TC pipe... I dont think anyone in GNC's OR GNCC'S should have to worry about this crap and Im getting angry just thinkin about this...

what about the neighbors that are 4-5 miles away that hear those loud *** exhausts loud and clear? yep, THEY are the ones you whould be worrying about! if you want to ride, keep it quiet. NOISE IS THE #1 CAUSE OF RIDING AREAS/TRACKS GETTING SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!

the 2 strokes noise doesnt carry like the thump of a 4 stroke, so this problem is sure to get much worse with the all the new thumpers out.

Ex_Rider43
12-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX

yeah I cant wait to see a top fuel dragster with mufflers...

thats what i thought.... its closed course racing, and if theres a race track at some place, theres no houses or people who dont want to hear bikes within a couple miles... at least here in quebec.

Mxjunkie
12-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 250rpilot
what about the neighbors that are 4-5 miles away that hear those loud *** exhausts loud and clear? yep, THEY are the ones you whould be worrying about! if you want to ride, keep it quiet. NOISE IS THE #1 CAUSE OF RIDING AREAS/TRACKS GETTING SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!

the 2 strokes noise doesnt carry like the thump of a 4 stroke, so this problem is sure to get much worse with the all the new thumpers out.

:macho

JR3
12-24-2004, 03:56 PM
yea ive noticed that to in certain areas were we ride i have a white bros with 12 discs its loud and most of my otherfriends have pipes and u can hear them echoe off the trees and stuff and the 2 strokes do not

team_450_88
12-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by trick450r

yep..no casey,il or southwick....

new tracks are....unadilla in new york and texas

Rico
12-24-2004, 05:47 PM
First off I wanna say yes it's not fair that Harley's can go by my truck with straight pipes and blow the windows out. NASCAR has no restrictions, drag races have none, etc, etc, etc. Unfortantatly people that is not our sport, ATV's are so get over it.

Ever hear the term, less sound more ground?? Neighborhoods don't have all the above going up and down their streets like WE take our quads. Ever think about that?? Yes Harleys but that's a legal street bike a quad is not street legal, so you on the street pisses them off, and a loud pipe on top of it... Well you really stirred the chit pot now.

I think the rule is great and Yes I had to buy a new exhaust this year (Thanks to Exriders.com members:D) to comply with the new GNCC standards. They are enforcing it full effect this coming year. IF your over 102db you dont' race. If you drove 10 hours to get there, tuff $hit. The quieter our exhausts get the more tracks open closer to our homes. Right now it doesn't seem like a good idea but in the long run it is, mark my word.
It's the jackazz's that don't race that run the loud pipes thru the neighborhoods, on neighboring acreage, or at local riding parks that ruin it for us, not those of us that run on closed courses in the middle of BFE. I hope a regualtion goes into effect for all Pipe manufacturers to make every pipe sold to be under 102db.

Before I get off my soapbox how many of you think your going to start loosing races because of a queiter exhaust??? Don't forget the guys next to you have to run a queiter exhaust also, so it's still an even playing field. I think the major bich by most people is that they don't have the ultra loud exhaust anymore then the "Cool Factor" goes down. Hey look at me everybody, I just knocked a 747 down with my exhaust, ain't I cool.

Quit bichin about what other sports can do and what we can't. Make OUR sport better so that we have more riding areas, more racing areas, meet the standards that people want and then,,, THEN let all the people bichin about noise go after the NASCAR, dragsters, Harleys on the street, etc, etc, etc.

Merry Christmas.....:D

LTandRaptorider
12-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Good point about the Harleys... last summer while sleeping, I hear a Harley at 2:30am roaring up the road... couple minutes later, he roars down the road... next thing I know, back up the road... I then loaded the AK-47 and M-16... I'm not a morning person... :p No, he didn't come back again...

yes, sound is a problem, and we have to be aware of that to protect our sport. Although the people spectating at races may not mind the noise, I'm sure some people that live nearby don't think so highly of it... especially early on a Sunday morning... when some guy thinks he's getting lucky and the noise wakes up the kids! :eek: :blah:

DMH
12-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Rico
First off I wanna say yes it's not fair that Harley's can go by my truck with straight pipes and blow the windows out. NASCAR has no restrictions, drag races have none, etc, etc, etc. Unfortantatly people that is not our sport, ATV's are so get over it.

Ever hear the term, less sound more ground?? Neighborhoods don't have all the above going up and down their streets like WE take our quads. Ever think about that?? Yes Harleys but that's a legal street bike a quad is not street legal, so you on the street pisses them off, and a loud pipe on top of it... Well you really stirred the chit pot now.

I think the rule is great and Yes I had to buy a new exhaust this year (Thanks to Exriders.com members:D) to comply with the new GNCC standards. They are enforcing it full effect this coming year. IF your over 102db you dont' race. If you drove 10 hours to get there, tuff $hit. The quieter our exhausts get the more tracks open closer to our homes. Right now it doesn't seem like a good idea but in the long run it is, mark my word.
It's the jackazz's that don't race that run the loud pipes thru the neighborhoods, on neighboring acreage, or at local riding parks that ruin it for us, not those of us that run on closed courses in the middle of BFE. I hope a regualtion goes into effect for all Pipe manufacturers to make every pipe sold to be under 102db.

Before I get off my soapbox how many of you think your going to start loosing races because of a queiter exhaust??? Don't forget the guys next to you have to run a queiter exhaust also, so it's still an even playing field. I think the major bich by most people is that they don't have the ultra loud exhaust anymore than the "Cool Factor" goes down. Hey look at me everybody, I just knocked a 747 down with my exhaust, ain't I cool.

Quit bichin about what other sports can do and what we can't. Make OUR sport better so that we have more riding areas, more racing areas, meet the standards that people want and then,,, THEN let all the people bichin about noise go after the NASCAR, dragsters, Harleys on the street, etc, etc, etc.

Merry Christmas.....:D

Well said!

It's time to take one more nail out of our coffin. Get used to it people, loud pipes are on there way out.

quadrcr161
12-24-2004, 08:10 PM
well said rico, and as mentioned before the 2-strokes didnt have this problem, but with all the new 4 strokes they are too loud. i see the loud pipes on Harleys because it saves lives, you know where they are on the road, how many of you have ever ridden in traffic on a bike and not be seen? and although helpfull; people push the limit and make them annoying, just like a quad with a shorty exhaust. this next year its for the pro's, then the next year its for all GNC racers. the sport needs this with the noise.

you will get even more mad as tracks start shutting down because of neighbors hood move closer, more and more people are wanting to move out from the city and into our riding areas. and to answer your big questions, yes racecars have muffler rules, from dirt track to drag racers. the top fuel guys are a special series of events at most tracks, but i bet the local series does have a muffler rule, although some tracks dont enforce it.

LTZ400rider
12-24-2004, 09:05 PM
i dont mind sound at all, the one thing i love is a pack of 50 harleys roar down the road from the bar at 2 oclock, i think it sounds awesome. the only thing that pisses me off is rice burners, they sound like effin shiit. i could listen to harleys, and turnpiker traffic all day, just not no ricer

team_450_88
12-24-2004, 11:21 PM
They will find a way to make the pipes quite and still not lose any horsepower more than likley...But i dont think it would make that big of a difference anyways...but I do like my hmf and its prolly a little over 102db but idk !!:confused:

SuzukiRacr07
12-24-2004, 11:57 PM
thats ***ing retarded........ as for the GNCC people, who gives a *** what you go thru? if we cared, we would race GNCC :rolleyes: ...... i hav a TC exhaust on mine and there is not one exhaust i hav found the even comes close to the amount of low end it has, so i say this rule is total bullsh1t......... this is going to put a lot of the exhaust companies out of business..... anyone want to try to get some kind of petition going? if you do, count me in...... maybe if we b1tch enough, and get it to their heads about the drag cars and stuff, they will get rid of the rule, but until they do, ive got to find myself another pipe :ermm:

je450
12-25-2004, 12:01 AM
i agree with trey this is gonna fck everthing up no more of that sweet sound of a bunch of four strokes going at it heading to the first turn this sucks and you gncc guy if you *****in bout you sound levels so much then quit racin no bodys makin you do it you can hack you pipe in half and go ride in you yard its you choice to race you dont have to.

Rico
12-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
thats ***ing retarded........ as for the GNCC people, who gives a *** what you go thru? if we cared, we would race GNCC :rolleyes: ...... i hav a TC exhaust on mine and there is not one exhaust i hav found the even comes close to the amount of low end it has, so i say this rule is total bullsh1t......... this is going to put a lot of the exhaust companies out of business..... anyone want to try to get some kind of petition going? if you do, count me in...... maybe if we b1tch enough, and get it to their heads about the drag cars and stuff, they will get rid of the rule, but until they do, ive got to find myself another pipe :ermm:

You my friend are retarded and your pathetic attitude and response prooved it to all 30,000 members of the site. Great job and keep up the good work of proving your ingnorance thru life....:rolleyes:

Rico
12-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by je450
i agree with trey this is gonna fck everthing up no more of that sweet sound of a bunch of four strokes going at it heading to the first turn this sucks and you gncc guy if you *****in bout you sound levels so much then quit racin no bodys makin you do it you can hack you pipe in half and go ride in you yard its you choice to race you dont have to.

Same goes for you with my response above this one.

I"m not *****in about the sound but agreeing with the rules being set. If you think your loud pipe is what's winning you races then you have even more issue's than your buddy.

You guys act like you have to run stock pipes...:huh

Oh yeah... Most of GNCC racers race for the sport and the challenge, not to show off our cool loud pipe...:rolleyes: Which it sounds like that's why you guys are pissed off. Your I"m cool factor will go down when you can't run your ultra loud pipes.. Grow up and act your age not your shoe size...:blah:

Since you guys know everything I guess you knew a national track was lost last year because of noise. Odds are another GNC track will be lost in 05 because of noise. Keep running your loud pipes and acting cool, because in years to come we won't have no places to ride because of noise issues, then you can sit in your garage and make vrooom vrooom noises, but if you do it loud enough you'll still be cool I think...:scary:

je450
12-25-2004, 08:42 PM
i dont think i said that i want to show off my loud pipe to be cool but good try their buddy

SuzukiRacr07
12-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Same goes for you with my response above this one.

I"m not *****in about the sound but agreeing with the rules being set. If you think your loud pipe is what's winning you races then you have even more issue's than your buddy.

You guys act like you have to run stock pipes...:huh

Oh yeah... Most of GNCC racers race for the sport and the challenge, not to show off our cool loud pipe...:rolleyes: Which it sounds like that's why you guys are pissed off. Your I"m cool factor will go down when you can't run your ultra loud pipes.. Grow up and act your age not your shoe size...:blah:

Since you guys know everything I guess you knew a national track was lost last year because of noise. Odds are another GNC track will be lost in 05 because of noise. Keep running your loud pipes and acting cool, because in years to come we won't have no places to ride because of noise issues, then you can sit in your garage and make vrooom vrooom noises, but if you do it loud enough you'll still be cool I think...:scary: u race XC dude, u do not understand....... loud pipes has always just been one of the fun parts of MX....... and, i know we dnt hav to run a stocker, but i GUARANTEE you cannot find a pipe under 102db that will give as much lowend as my TC...... if i could give up the noise, and keep my lowend, itd be cool but i cant u ***, and thats y im aggravated about it...... u race GNCC, leave this post alone, it is not for you:rolleyes:

je450
12-25-2004, 08:48 PM
and about the national that was not held this year because of sound why do you give a sh1it you race gncc so i guess this is none of your buisness and you should not care about what tracks close unless you ride mx or its one of your gncc tracks that closed so why dont you find a more usefull tread to give you opinion because im not sure any of the mx guys on realy care

250rpilot
12-25-2004, 09:14 PM
WOW! YOU GUYS TRULY ARE STUPID!!!!

rico, i got your back bro.

if you morons think guys like rico should go mind thier own business, then dont b!tch when you have no place left to race. i guess you need a loud pipe to make up for your little d!ck? i just dont see the logic. loud pipes= less riding areas. plain and simple. 102db is plenty loud. it is azzjockeys like you tha are ruining this sport. and i think 95% of the folks here will agree. now grow up and go buy a new pipe!

LTandRaptorider
12-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 250rpilot
WOW! YOU GUYS TRULY ARE STUPID!!!!

rico, i got your back bro.

if you morons think guys like rico should go mind thier own business, then dont b!tch when you have no place left to race. i guess you need a loud pipe to make up for your little d!ck? i just dont see the logic. loud pipes= less riding areas. plain and simple. 102db is plenty loud. it is azzjockeys like you tha are ruining this sport. and i think 95% of the folks here will agree. now grow up and go buy a new pipe!

absolutely right! ;)

roostin_dale
12-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I see everyone's points!

They would not make this rule if some people havent complained. SO i guess it is for a good reason.

BUT, most MX tracks are in the middle of nowhere so nobody could hear. And just like someone else said, there is NO pipe that can give you the low end of a TC or the mid range of a Sparks and keep it under 102db.

Im not sure whose sides to take. Because the rule will keep riding areas open, but, us MX guys better hope someone comes out with a pipe under 102db and has the low end of a TC, its very doubtful.

250rpilot
12-25-2004, 10:21 PM
roostin dale, i agree with you, but let me point one thing out. with todays technology, they COULD make the pipes perform like they do now, but more quietly, BUT that is more expensive. so until they are FORCED to make them quieter, they never will.

beleive me, i like power as much as the next guy (is there ever enough?) but i will not sacrifice my riding areas for it. and i have heard some pipes that are so loud you can hear them 5+ miles away. now is that too loud? i think so, and so do many of the anti-atv groups. i'm talking about the pipes that are so loud, when you rev it up standing next to it, it almost makes you deaf (110+ decibles). there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR IT!

do the 85db stock pipes kill power? absolutely. can you get a whole bunch of power at 100db? sure can. they just have to put some effort into it now.

sloppyjoe
12-25-2004, 10:27 PM
how fun would a drag race be if you couldnt feel and hear the cars thunder down the track?? fess up sound is a good part of the sport. all it is, is a bunch of the lefties in this country that has to ***** about something. THATS WHY I VOTED FOR BUSH!!!!

Out_Sider
12-25-2004, 10:33 PM
this is another one of the reasons i will not be running my DMC pipe next season. im probably gonna get a big gun quiet series or hmf with quiet core because loud pipes are junk, tc is rediculously loud and obnoxious, and no one (not even me) wants to hear that, especially if they already do not like atv'ing.

DMH
12-26-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by SuzukiRacr07
and, i know we dnt hav to run a stocker, but i GUARANTEE you cannot find a pipe under 102db that will give as much lowend as my TC......

That point makes no sense. :huh

What would it matter if no one else would be allowed to run them either?

If your using that as your ace in the hole at the races, you better find a new one. Your secret is out!:D

250rpilot
12-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
this is another one of the reasons i will not be running my DMC pipe next season. im probably gonna get a big gun quiet series or hmf with quiet core because loud pipes are junk, tc is rediculously loud and obnoxious, and no one (not even me) wants to hear that, especially if they already do not like atv'ing.

AMEN BRO! that, right there, is the right attitude!

Rico
12-26-2004, 08:39 AM
This is not a GNC vs GNCC thing guys. IT's an ATVA/AMA thing. This is just starting in the nationals and WILL trickle down to the local ATVA sanctuned races mark my word.

And to say that the TC pipe is the only pipe with low end power is rediculious. You guys act like your TC pipe is the only pipe being takin away. ALL TC pipes will be takin away, it's still an even playing field when all other loud pipes get taken away. And just some advice, the TC pipe doesn't win a race the rider does.

PS.. I have raced GNC in the past and I"m not a self centered ******* that only cares about one type of racing as you do. I care about all ATV Racing as a whole. I probably know as much or more about GNC racing over the last 6 years than you think. I keep up with both sides but only race GNCC.

Why do some of you think MX is out in the middle of know were and GNCC isn't. We make 11 mile loops out in the middle of know were so we know what it's like to race in the middle of BFE.

Less sound = more ground <---- that is a fact whether you want to accept it or not. Have you goof balls done your homework and read up on the large riding areas that have rangers patroling to check sound levels. The DB level rules ARE ALREADY IN EFFECT all over the US they just haven't pushed it to it's full effect, so *****, moan, groan, go cry on momma's shoulder if you want but it's gonna happen reguardless so except it, learn to do things that are better for our sport and not worse.

TC426EX
12-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Im trying not to be ignorant here, but I have NEVER liked pipes with a quiet core or anything along those lines. I run a Sparks Pipe and not a TC, but I doubt that even THAT will pass... I guess I better enjoy my last year or 2 of racing MX, bucause I cant see myself at a local track with some DB sniffer up my tailpipe in the staging area. Cant they make the limit something reasonable like 104 or 105?? I LOVE the TC pipe, but its obvious that it will not be able to be used anymore since its like 110 or 112. BUT, should I not be able to run my sparks pipe either, which is prolly about 104 or 105? I mean there is that powerful rumble of a 4 stroke that we all love, and then there is the muffled, whisper like sounding quiet core crap 4 stroke sound. I dont have a "my pipe makes me cool" attitude, but I love the sound of a good 4 stroke and if I have to go with some whisper HMF quiet core pipe or anything like that, then its time to hang it up and just ride friends' private MX tracks where we can be as loud as we want. CRA and Outlaw races here I come!! My whole life I have only run Sparks, TC or LRD (2 stroke) exhausts, and I am not gonna change to some 100db pipe so it looks like Im on my way out of racing eventually... The regulation nazi's strike again...

CTmxyfz
12-26-2004, 09:42 AM
One of the reasons i bought my HMF BB carbon fiber system is so i would be able to pass if they happens. Hopefully ill be all set because i don't see ballance having any problems with his system racing GNCC.

300extreme#8
12-26-2004, 12:45 PM
does anyone know y they are doin this.. it's prolly all the people that don't suport the sport,callin and complainin bout how loud it is,it's very pettyful and will prolly only get worse it teh years to come,goin out and doin something u love teh way u want to and people just keep takin it away.it's gettin to where if they can't have fun they don't want anyone else to have fun..kinda sad

Out_Sider
12-26-2004, 01:09 PM
tc426ex: so you're goin to get out of racing because you can't run a pipe as loud as a sparks?? it seems to me that the love of the sport would keep you in, not that u cant run a louder pipe

TC426EX
12-26-2004, 02:55 PM
The love of the sport probably WILL keep me in, I been doing it for a long time, but I will probably just quit racing ATVA sanctioned races. In any event, I probably have a good year or 2 before they start trickling down these regulations to the district level. If and when it does, Ill just cancel my district 11 and 12 memberships, race CRA and outlaw races and forget about ever racing a GNC. I absolutely can not stand a muffled 4 stroke sound that comes accross like a whisper... Although I dont agree with ANY sound regulations, I can maybe SEE how people would want to maybe outlaw the super loud TC pipes, but anything 105 and below should be tolerated for closed course competition. In any event, I have friends with competition size tracks on their own property that I practice at, and if it comes down to me just ripping full throttle on those tracks so be it...

I know... My opinion is ignorant and childish, but Im being honest that hearing the throaty open sound of a built 4 stroke is one of lifes little treasures to me... And with this attitude some of you probably think the sport doesnt need an "*******" like me in it anymore anyway so whatever...

brian-250
12-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Rico, im agreeing and disagreing with you:ermm:

What about the guys who have that chit load of motor work (you me......) and have to run a certain pipe to get the power they need to run that motor setup? My GTthunder pipe is loud as hell, do my neighbors care? nope, i dont care for all the noise it makes but i dont really wanna change the pipe.:ermm: IMO i think the DB limit should be bumped UP not down to 106 or 107, i think that would be the best way to go.

sorry about the spelling.:o

A4StrokeGuy
12-26-2004, 04:57 PM
For one thing, TC, sparks, LRD, my hmf there fricken loud, too loud. I race mx i know it can get crazy loud and i wish they would put a db limit on us. My hmf is like 5 inches long with a quiet core and i lose zero thats right ZERO power with it in, if that means you have to rejet well then to bad. People are making excuses like well my pipe provides awsome power or my low end is awsome thats no reason to lose riding areas. People just need to pull there heads out of there a**'s to realize this and they wont until they dont have anywhere to ride. Besides why buy a $500 pipe thats hollow and has a cool name on it...:rolleyes:

tdsongster
12-26-2004, 05:08 PM
A decibel limit for professional racing, sorry, that is completely asinine. I read some of the earlier posts, about Harleys, and yes they are wayyyy over 100 decibels. I dont understand Rico's comment about that is quads so deal with it. I guess that means its favorable to your personal opinion and that is all the fact u require. I think that if you going to limit the pros in quads then you need to do so in other racing competitions. I want to see muffelers on rail dragsters. Obviously not going to happen. This is all part and parcel to ATVs being politically incorrect. You can either voice your opinion to the racing commitiees or just roll over and accept it.

BlueZ440
12-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Where can I find out what decibel my yoshimura full system puts out?

DMH
12-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by tdsongster
A decibel limit for professional racing, sorry, that is completely asinine.

Why? Please explain what your opinion is based on.

The fact is, loud pipes hurt us in the long run.

Florida400EX
12-26-2004, 07:43 PM
guys its 102 db, that is still pletny loud to hear the loud four stroke thump! have you ever heard a rossier they sound just as good as my sparks and are under 100 db! the dr.d sound sick and are under 100db, there are many companies making sick exhausts that arent too loud.... if you quit cause u cant have ur TC, then you are a pansy.

400ex2072
12-27-2004, 04:28 AM
I agree, a db limit in MX is completely stupid, and Im just about as mad as some of these other guys on here about it. I dont care what they do at the GNC's as long as I can race my local races without being hassled or disqualified. I love my pipe, and put a lot of money into building my motor. Someone mentioned earlier that "it will still be a level playing field so who cares". Well sure it will be a level playing field with everyone getting 90% of their motors power potential once its choked up with a quiet core. Any pipe manufacturer you talk to including HMF will tell you that the quiet core will give you "most" of your power or "90%" or something. Its not fair that we should have to give up ANY power if you ask me. Just my .02 cents but I think these regulations are ridiculous.

DMH
12-27-2004, 06:25 AM
It’s funny that the only reasons that the people that support the loud pipes give seem to be self centered ones. They do not care if it affects the places they ride (or race), they do not care what their public perception is, and they do not care how it affects the rest of our sport.

Wake up people! It’s time (dare I say it) to be a little responsible.

250rpilot
12-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 400ex2072
Its not fair that we should have to give up ANY power if you ask me. Just my .02 cents but I think these regulations are ridiculous.

that is EXACTLY why these regulations are a good thing!! sure, for a year or two you will be at 90% power. but this rule will FORCE the pipe companies to put some thought into their pipes and actually design them to give you full power at low noise levels. thank god the days of a hollow aluminum tube that costs 500 bucks are over!!

Flynbryan19
12-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by DMH
It’s funny that the only reasons that the people that support the loud pipes give seem to be self centered ones. They do not care if it affects the places they ride (or race), they do not care what their public perception is, and they do not care how it affects the rest of our sport.

Wake up people! It’s time (dare I say it) to be a little responsible.

So, I'm not the only one that noticed this.....:rolleyes: lol. I can't believe that we're talking about the very preservation of our sport and all these people want to do is whine about how its gonna hurt "me".

Wake up guys, we're an easy target! Drag racing, Nascar, etc. are main stream organizations..... To Joe Blow, we don't mean crap to them other than its annoying as crap to hear you belching out a rediculously loud exhaust note by their house. Its not the enthusists we're pissing off. Its the granny, or the tree hugger down the street. This is being done to help protect a sport we all love so much.

~~~ I can't hear my exhaust when I dump the clutch in a corner...... moan....groan......cry........~~~

Come on man....Get over it. You can't tell me you can't hear an 102db exhaust coming out of a corner..... Your just being extreme and rediculous. I don't know about ya'll, but I wanna be able to RIDE my machine, not sit around the house and talk about how cool it USED TO BE when I would ride my machine.....

It really is useless to try and convince some of you, but how about just sitting back sometime and thinking about how your actions affect OTHERS....Not just you, but then again most people are never concerned with anyone else anyway.... Why should certain quad riders be any different.....:o

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 08:55 AM
I think this rule is long over due! This will help to keep our riding areas open. It will force the pipe manufactures to produce pipes that are at a reasonable db and still improve performance. Big thanks to the GNCC series, GNC series and the ATVA for making this happen.

Rico
12-27-2004, 08:55 AM
I dont understand Rico's comment about that is quads so deal with it. I guess that means its favorable to your personal opinion and that is all the fact u require.

:huh :huh

My point is to concetrate on OUR sport not other sports. Why waste your time *****ing to other sports about noise when they don't care to hear you talking because your not part of their sport.

I keep saying we need to help OUR sport and everyone gets off base...:huh

Someone mentioned they dont' want to run a whisper HMF with quiet core. Get behind my quad and let me crack the throttle and we'll see how quiet it is....:eek2:

Most of you have no idea of what your talking about, you've never had a DB reading taken, you don't know what RPM's the motor has to be at, you don't realize how much louder your pipe gets after a certain RPM range, you basically couldn't find your azzhole with a funnel but your going to argue about something you know nothing about except the fact that you have to use another pipe that is 8db less than the one your using. ...:confused:

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 08:59 AM
What I don't understand is why some people want their bike to be loud. :confused:

Rico
12-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What I don't understand is why some people want their bike to be loud. :confused:

Because loud quads give you lots of lowend power that no other modification can give, not even a piston or cam.

It's also really cool to blow out ear drums when racing...:cool:

Mxjunkie
12-27-2004, 09:10 AM
A decibel limit for professional racing, sorry, that is completely asinine. I read some of the earlier posts, about Harleys, and yes they are wayyyy over 100 decibels. I dont understand Rico's comment about that is quads so deal with it. I guess that means its favorable to your personal opinion and that is all the fact u require. I think that if you going to limit the pros in quads then you need to do so in other racing competitions. I want to see muffelers on rail dragsters. Obviously not going to happen. This is all part and parcel to ATVs being politically incorrect. You can either voice your opinion to the racing commitiees or just roll over and accept it.

harleys have limits now, 105db or so i belive, so your tc pip is louder then almost all harleys, most harley drag pipes only make 108db :rolleyes:

i have a fmf shorty silencer for my cr80, pretty much like a tc for a 2 stroke, yes it makes power, yes its too loud, i dont like running unless im at a race, cause it meets the limit, but other then that, i run my turbinecore2 Q and it offers so much torqe, im faster with the 95db pipe then i am with the 100 or so pipe, its alot of noise, and im going the same if not less times..

TC426EX
12-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Rico, I respect you and your opinion, and you and I usually agree on most topics (except this DB issue and shocks), but I still dont support the 102 limit. I think 105 would be more reasonable, and I would be for that. I am not hurting the sport by having a loud pipe because I only ride it where Im supposed to ride it and not up and down the street in the neighborhood or in the state or public parks... I will just quit racing ATVA like I said and concentrate on CRA and outlaw races and thats it...

BlueZ440
12-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Who cares..The rule is changed to 102 and that's it..Now back to my question..Does anyone know what a yoshimura puts out?thanks

tdsongster
12-27-2004, 09:56 AM
So your point being that restrictions for professional atv racing is a good thing? I know they have put restrictions on nascar, but that was for safety. I don't think db level is a safety issue in pro quad racing. Does anyone know what the reason was? I would really like to hear it, and I would like to know why it doesn't apply to other professional racing?

Also, it only makes sense to compare quad racing with other forms of racing, unless of course your argument doesn't have a leg to stand...

12-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Rico, i couldnt disagree with you more. If we have to deal with dB restrictions, why the hell do the dirtbikes running the same exact engines on the same exact tracks not have to deal with this crap?

Mxjunkie
12-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Rico, i couldnt disagree with you more. If we have to deal with dB restrictions, why the hell do the dirtbikes running the same exact engines on the same exact tracks not have to deal with this crap?

they probaly have them too

if you ask me, i say deal with it, its a rule who cares, oo i wanna run a loud pipe, why? so u can get noise complaints and brag? i think the noise issue is huge cause we have more thumpers, more complaints.. plus with a sound limit on pros, it makes it more equal, better racing

ckasper18
12-27-2004, 10:23 AM
I have spent some good money on my db meter and the funny thing is most quads with tc pipes and sparks pipes at 3500 rpms are well over 108db.i have been testing this for several races and twenty quads lined up at the start is 120 db.If everyone had the same level of db what would you be gaining over the next guy/girl the noise is loud and if we do make the race quads a little less noisey it will only help make the sport bettter.Wisconsin is now going threw this db thing big time and i do also ride at silver lake sand dunes and have been tested with my rossier pipe and passed no problem.Repack your pipe every other race and that also will quiet the pipe down.If everyone has to meet this limit you are no better off then the next guy.

Great Lakes Quad Racing Association/ATVA Referee...Chris

12-27-2004, 10:37 AM
I think the rule is gay for the actual nationals, but will end up turning out good for practice tracks. Racers practice on practice tracks, and when they have to comply to a dB rule, itll be quieter at the practice tracks and less of them will be shut down.

DMH
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
So your point being that restrictions for professional atv racing is a good thing? I know they have put restrictions on nascar, but that was for safety. I don't think db level is a safety issue in pro quad racing. Does anyone know what the reason was? I would really like to hear it, and I would like to know why it doesn't apply to other professional racing?

Also, it only makes sense to compare quad racing with other forms of racing, unless of course your argument doesn't have a leg to stand...

LOL! Your kidding right? Read this and it might clue you in a little bit:

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/20041202.htm

As far as Nascar goes, until you start driving a cup car then I wouldn’t worry about what they are doing. Like your mom always told you "Mind Your Own Business"!

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
The dirt bikes have the same sound testing that we do! Why wouldn't you want a quiter pipe? :confused: I don't know about you but I wanna be able to hear my grandkids playing when I'm old!

Flynbryan19
12-27-2004, 10:50 AM

Psst.....They already do have to meet those db limits....:D

Doesn't seem like they have any problems pumping out serious hp numbers.... Things that make you go humm.....:blah:

Flynbryan19
12-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Racers practice on practice tracks, and when they have to comply to a dB rule, itll be quieter at the practice tracks and less of them will be shut down.

THIS IS THE POINT WE'RE TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE!!!! Atkins450 gets it why can't everyone else? This is not just an oppertunity for the "man to put us under his thumb". We're trying to preserve our riding areas! And the less we offend non-participants, and make our presence descrete the MORE oppertunities we'll have to ride!

And TC, as sad as it is, its people with your mind set that are messing up the situation as well.... They're not coming to chase anyone off the street.... They want to shut down the PRIVATE OWNED, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC track that you RIDE at!!! It doesn't matter where you go..... This is an effort to help our sport not hurt it....

Aaahhh, I said I was gonna stop....:(

Florida400EX
12-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by DMH
LOL! Your kidding right? Read this and it might clue you in a little bit:

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/20041202.htm

As far as Nascar goes, until you start driving a cup car then I wouldn’t worry about what they are doing. Like your mom always told you "Mind Your Own Business"!

I like Florida, there are soo many awsome people who support racing, I'll be racing Florida series this year (not ftr).

team_450_88
12-27-2004, 06:52 PM
we'll get to see how loud the pros are with there new pipes at cali rd 1 of the nationals..I bet its still loud...

yamahonda
12-27-2004, 09:21 PM
i'm fine with the 102db rule but what do ppl do with there loud pipes just throw them away and be out lots of hard workin money????? wonder if they will let ppl get a credit for turning in your loud *** pipes...... like take your cs pipe and exchange it for a newer generation cs pipe...... i'm not racing anyways so stay clear i have tc pipe.... and until i can get alot of money for it or someone can custom make one to fit my quad like tc did it will be spewing the noise!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :ermm:

Rico
12-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by yamahonda
i'm fine with the 102db rule but what do ppl do with there loud pipes just throw them away and be out lots of hard workin money????? wonder if they will let ppl get a credit for turning in your loud *** pipes...... like take your cs pipe and exchange it for a newer generation cs pipe...... i'm not racing anyways so stay clear i have tc pipe.... and until i can get alot of money for it or someone can custom make one to fit my quad like tc did it will be spewing the noise!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :ermm:

Ebay and for sale forums on quad sites will get those loud pipes sold in no time. bad thing is the TC pipe is waay the hell over priced and people will be gettin screwed when they try to sell them for half of what they payed for them. How and why the hell Tom has the price on them pipes so high is beyond me, there's not 10 beer cans total that make up all the aluminum in a TC shorty pipe and he sells them for $100 more than any other slip on pipe that has twice the amount of material...:huh

A4StrokeGuy
12-28-2004, 01:34 PM
. How and why the hell Tom has the price on them pipes so high is beyond me, there's not 10 beer cans total that make up all the aluminum in a TC shorty pipe and he sells them for $100 more than any other slip on pipe that has twice the amount of material...:huh

Thats easy to answer remember that beer can exhuast puts out low end power:rolleyes: plus it gets u chics:huh

And by the way u can put a spark arrestor on any TC pipe, it will quiet them down alot actually but u know how all these people are poor and can't afford so who knows:chinese:

yamahonda
12-28-2004, 04:52 PM
but i'm saying if everyone eventually has a sound limit there won't be anyone wanting to buy my exhaust... as for now i don't care it only matters to the pro's.... also this pipe was on my quad when i got it and it is freaking loud... i have a hard time with ppl not wanting to ride around me cus they a deafing... so i called tc and he sent me some discs for free that helped alot... so i been running with the discs in and when i plan on racing flattrack or drag i'm gonna open it up ... if anything i will get an advantage when the other guy can't hear his bike and know when to shift........lol

300extreme#8
12-28-2004, 05:26 PM
i startin to think it's a money shceme. and i hear that if ur pipe goes over the limit but u have a reciete from where u paid some one to repack ur pipe to not be that loud then they will still let u race.