PDA

View Full Version : Christmas = $500

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Ok from some of my family im getting 500 dollers and I have no idea how to spend it on my 450. I was thinking a pipe but I have no idea which to get but dunno if thats what I want. Anyway have any suggestions? (sp?) Thanks

Randy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/z400punk13/Picture129.jpg

So far I have a Bumper,Rear Skid, 13T sprocket and Shock covers

Wayne64SS
12-22-2004, 08:51 PM
yea buy a hmf pipe or get the hrc kit. eitheryeild a great returnand will make that thing rip !!!!

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Arnt HMF's $450 tho? And if I got one of those would I be able to buy a black one insted of red? I just think thats a lil pricey.

Wayne64SS
12-22-2004, 08:57 PM
TRUST me i didnt think they were worth it either but they def are. i paid $380 for mine including tax .... you can get em cheaper than 450

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow really? Were at and I have no idea how to rejet..

Ps. Do they only make the pipe for the 450r red?

Sportrax10
12-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Either get a pipe, (Curtis Sparks would be my choice)

Or get some new tires and rims...:macho
(Especially if you ride MX, cause smaller tires make a world of difference)

Good luck :macho

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I think I will be getting a pipe but tires are next believe me. I just have no idea how to rejet. I really do like curtis and HMF but I want my moneys worth for something so pricey. You kno?

And I dont want it to be very loud because people will get mad were I ride. And were do I go to buy them for a good price?

Sportrax10
12-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I think I will be getting a pipe but tires are next believe me. I just have no idea how to rejet. I really do like curtis and HMF but I want my moneys worth for something so pricey. You kno?

Jettings a whole lot easier then you think...

I had a really easy time jetting my 450r for the pipe... You shouldnt have a problem... and of corse if you do you can always ask for some help on here...

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Jettings a whole lot easier then you think...

I had a really easy time jetting my 450r for the pipe... You shouldnt have a problem... and of corse if you do you can always ask for some help on here...

I have no idea wear to begin and Im scared ill mess somthing up.:confused:

Cody_300ex
12-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Just get a HMF slip on and save the rest. :p

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Just get a HMF slip on and save the rest. :p

Ill prob just get the HMF full I dont want slip on lol Do I have to rejet tho? because I have no idea how to.

Cody_300ex
12-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Ill prob just get the HMF full I dont want slip on lol Do I have to rejet tho? because I have no idea how to.

Man its soooo easy. I jetted my 300 w/o even takin the front plastics off.lol

TRX450rRoostin
12-22-2004, 10:35 PM
yes you will have to rejet

LazeR
12-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes you definately have to rejet, I'm not sure how hard it is on a 450r, but on my 400ex, its simple!

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 10:43 PM
I wanna learn how is it really that simple? Can someone help me and how will I know what to rejet to?

And does it tell you how when you buy the pipe?

Sorry for all the questions never done this before:(

red2004 TRX450R
12-23-2004, 08:42 AM
i would think about getting some nurf bars

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-23-2004, 08:49 AM
I agree with the nerfs idea and maybe some handlebars(I thought the stock bars were uncomfortable). as for the exhaust you can get it in black as for jetting you can give us a call and Colby can talk you through the process and if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself after that then I would find someone locally to help you out :)

asdf450r
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
trust me man, i was the same way when it came to rejetting. Sadly enough ive never rejetted before in my life, its incredibly easy just dont make it seem harder than it really is.

Be one with the carburetor :)

beak7707
12-23-2004, 11:40 AM
I would also recommend the HMF pipe. I love mine and yes you can get it in black. As for jetting it wont be a problem and after you do it the first time, you'll never have trouble again. For the HMF full exhaust will lid on airbox, all you have to do is change your main. On HMF's website it says to use between 125-130 main, I'm running a 132 and its good to go. If you take your lid off you need to run a 180-185 main. All you have to do is take the big nut off the bottom of the carb, right inside there will be the main jet. I think they are 6 mm take the stock jet out, put the new jet in, reinstall the nut and your ready. You might have to play with you air/fuel mixture a little but thats no biggie either. If you get the exhaust, I or almost anybody else on this site will be able to help you through it. The hardest part about jetting is usually the needle and you wont need to mess with that.

I would also recommend the HRC kit. For $250 you can have a cam, snorkle, T valve, open lid, and the exhaust tip. It is a world of difference, but its all mid-top end power.

Punk'd
12-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by beak7707
I would also recommend the HMF pipe. I love mine and yes you can get it in black. As for jetting it wont be a problem and after you do it the first time, you'll never have trouble again. For the HMF full exhaust will lid on airbox, all you have to do is change your main. On HMF's website it says to use between 125-130 main, I'm running a 132 and its good to go. If you take your lid off you need to run a 180-185 main. All you have to do is take the big nut off the bottom of the carb, right inside there will be the main jet. I think they are 6 mm take the stock jet out, put the new jet in, reinstall the nut and your ready. You might have to play with you air/fuel mixture a little but thats no biggie either. If you get the exhaust, I or almost anybody else on this site will be able to help you through it. The hardest part about jetting is usually the needle and you wont need to mess with that.

I would also recommend the HRC kit. For $250 you can have a cam, snorkle, T valve, open lid, and the exhaust tip. It is a world of difference, but its all mid-top end power.

Wow this helped alot. So does the exhaust come with something to put in the carb? and do you know of a place I can buy a hmf full at a good price? Thanks everyone:D

roostin_dale
12-23-2004, 11:50 AM
sorry to change the pipe subject but, I would spend it on some Fat handlebars and some propegs!

roughrider01
12-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Wow really? Were at and I have no idea how to rejet..

Ps. Do they only make the pipe for the 450r red?

If youre kind of new to working on 4wheelers then I recommend you spend a part of that money on a service manual.

Punk'd
12-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by roughrider01
If youre kind of new to working on 4wheelers then I recommend you spend a part of that money on a service manual.

New to rejetting. Thanks for the awesome reply

rollie
12-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
sorry to change the pipe subject but, I would spend it on some Fat handlebars and some propegs!

yep....and mybe some back tires....

JMO

Kilabanshee
12-24-2004, 07:00 AM
If you got 500 bucks to spend I'de get a 13.1 piston, hrc cam and a used slip on exhaust.

brif
12-24-2004, 08:48 AM
A full pipe and a stage2 hotcam.

JDiablo
12-24-2004, 08:56 AM
I would by a main body skid plate first....nothing like having a rock crack open the bottom of the cases
then i would buy a full pipe and jet kit....maybe ask for one of these for a late christmas present...lol
but def skid plate,full system,and a jet kit,but if you don't feel like spending 50 dollars on jets by from one size up three or four sizes,they are like 5 bones a piece i think:huh

mattonln
12-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I would go with the HMF slip w/K&N, outerwear and jet kit.. that will run you about 350 from C&D and then buy some nerfs for 150. you can easily do all the work yourself... as for jetting, just call the guy's as HMF or C&D and they will graciously take you through the process step by step!

04trx450R
12-24-2004, 04:09 PM
If you go with the HRC kit, you will still be relativly quiet, the jetting and cam and exhhaust are made for each other and youll have enough left over to get some tires ect,,,,,, I just have the HRC, i'd like to put a pipe on it, but there is nothing out there quiet enough,,,,, I recomend the HRC kit on its own for engine, then use the rest on some bars and tires, just my .02 good luck
Also, the skid plate idea is really good, I have prm skids on the a-arms and the chassis,, there the best money I have spent

450r's r sexy
12-24-2004, 06:39 PM
sup i just read wha u were talking bout pipes and stuff a couple of days ago i ordered a hmf slipon and a proflow kit and im planing to take the lid off and i have no clue wha to rejet it can any of u guys help me find out?

jasson450r
12-25-2004, 01:17 PM
GET A SPARKS, THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH THE JETTING I LOVE MINE. ASK FOR SCOTT AT SPARKS HE WILL HELP YOU OUT, TELL HIM JASSON SENT YOU.

Spikers400
12-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Do u live in an open area (no one around)? if not just keep the stock pipe on. If you think the people around you wont like the noise do not get a pipe. I did and its been nothing but trouble. Cops got called 3 times then i just gave up and put the stock back on for around my neihborhood. Get tires, nerfs and skids. Everyone said the hmf with a queit core is not that loud, but it is. Its way to loud for residential areas. Just thought id let you know incase you didnt.

Punk'd
12-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by jasson450r
GET A SPARKS, THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH THE JETTING I LOVE MINE. ASK FOR SCOTT AT SPARKS HE WILL HELP YOU OUT, TELL HIM JASSON SENT YOU.

What do you mean they will help me with jetting? and thanks