PDA

View Full Version : need help deciding

redrider311
12-22-2004, 05:35 PM
me and a friend are going to be building a couple ramps for my 400ex... since neither of us have a bobcat or a way to move or dig up alot of dirt... we think itd be a good idea to build a wooden kicker and then maybe have a dirt ramp for a lander.. what are your ideas about this.. also i need plans or instructions on how to make a wooden ramp.. any help would be great. thanks guys

sparks400
12-28-2004, 07:36 PM
all i can say is good luck, that woods gonna be goin through alota stress, it better be built strong as hell, like coss braces and everything, good luck, later

Moto92
12-29-2004, 11:45 AM
I would never trust a wooded ramp, just my opinion. If your going to take the time to build a ramp use steel. And check around at local rental places, bobcats and tractors can be rented for a day or so.

Rootar
12-29-2004, 07:51 PM
i actually started to build a wood ramp the palns are in this forum somewhere and half way through i said screw it ill just wait and find enough dirt. and a week later walla found dirt and my double is now very nice and i dont have to worry bout wood or checking it or w/e. my advise (i use to not think this but) jsut stay away from a wood ramp i started and it prolly would have been fun for awhile but it was not gonna be worht it. go rent a bobcat or find another friend that has one and offer them money to come out and help or if they are a good friend theyed just come and help you.