PDA

View Full Version : Old battery disposal

gncc400exxx
12-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I was cleaning out the shed today and came across a couple of old batteries from the ex and the rancher. What is the best thing to do with these. I'm sure they can be recycled, just don't know where to take them. Any ideas??

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Here you have to pay to get them thrown away. So take them behind a store and leave them. Thats the way us hill billys do it:D

Syrus
12-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Take them to your local dump, and yes you need to pay for them to be discarded.

Dont take them and drop them off where no one will find them, thats the whole point of taking them to the dump, they are full of acids, and chemicals that are harsh on the land. Lead, nickle, coal, Copper(II) and all those kinda chemys leakin into the soil... mmm what a wonderful world it would be !

SRH
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
take the tops off them drain all the fluid and then throw them in a fire

no...wal mart will take them if its one with a automotive center, there is usually a disposal bin there where they store them...

Cody_300ex
12-22-2004, 05:55 PM
we just chunk em in the woods if its cold outside, but if its warm we get going about 80 mph in the back of my friends truck then toss em a road sign! :D

bulkdriverlp
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
kmart or walmart will take em. if not leave em by the back door after close. dont dumpem in the woods!!

killed300ex
12-22-2004, 07:45 PM
some recycling centers will take them one of the places we take our old batteries. they actaully give us some money too tis only 2-3 bucks but hey better than paying and dont though them in the woods just dispose of them properly
Evan