PDA

View Full Version : Sleet, Ice, Snow!!! Ahhh

400exrules
12-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Their is a big winter storm comin through the south right now and its been sleeting all day and everything is covered in ice, all the roads are slush, ppl are drivin at like 10mph, and everything is frozen. Now its startin to turn into snow, and its supposed to start snowin real heavy later. Cant wait, this is awesome, we hardly get any winter weather till late january. But it just pisses me off, if i had a quad i could be havin so much damn fun right now...i just go outside and look around, and it burns me up......wish i had a f^ckin 400ex.

anybody else in the south gettin hit?

2002400ex
12-22-2004, 04:10 PM
I have got a bunch of rain, but no snow

redrider69
12-22-2004, 04:16 PM
yea samething here just mixed right now but its supposed to snow 2-4 inches tonight and thats an *** load for tn. i love it

400exrules
12-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by redrider69
yea samething here just mixed right now but its supposed to snow 2-4 inches tonight and thats an *** load for tn. i love it

yah its kinda mixed here, it was all sleet, now its mixin into snow...

but 2-4inches is a ton for us, other ppl have like a foot lol

Punk'd
12-22-2004, 04:48 PM
AHH WERE IS THE SNOW THAT IS SUPPOST TO BE HITTING US?!?!?!

YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY!!

watts16
12-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
AHH WERE IS THE SNOW THAT IS SUPPOST TO BE HITTING US?!?!?!

YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY!!

yeah i wish it would snow up here

450Racer
12-22-2004, 06:26 PM
this is weird, probably sets records locally but... monday it was near -20 degrees with the wind chill and we had a 2 hour delay. today it was near 60 degrees! 80 degree temperature change within a few days is radical. everyone was outside today washing there cars and i'm thinking it shoudl be near sub 0 and a foot of snow on the ground right before christmas.

I-7
12-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Yeah... on monday it was around -5 and with the wind chill around -25. Today it was 50 or so degrees and I went snowboarding in a t-shirt :eek2:

250exen
12-22-2004, 08:25 PM
omg, here its been snowing alll day!! its soo awesome! i love lake effect!
anyway, i just got in from a sweet ride... all the streets are covered, to the point where its all packed down, and there is like no street. i even saw a county pick-up truck plowing the streets.... a reagular pickup truck! it was crazy!
well, me and my dad went to get my girlfriend, hehe that was fun... her first time on a fourwheeler....
anyway, it was a night full of fun!
in in north east ohio, and its still comming down like crazy! they said up to 16 inches
tj

400ex28
12-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Man its snow real bad up here (southern Indiana) were under a state of emergency and its illegal to drive on the roads and by moring sposed to have 18" to 24" and right now were at 14" of snow....its pretty crazy....its lighting and thundering while its snowing.....i dont think ill be gettin the quad out tommoro!

400exrules
12-22-2004, 08:55 PM
:eek2: :eek2: OMG the sleet has been comin down twice as fast for the past like 4 hours, and everything is COVERED, atleast 6inches of sleet on the ground! all the cars are doin like 4 mph, lol its hilarious...and tonight were supposed to get a ton of snow :blah: CANT WAIT!! white Christmas here we come!

And its 10pm right now, its usually pitch black outside, but since the ground is covered in white snow/ice, its reflecting all the light rays everywhere and its actually real bright. I wish i had a digital camera to take a picture, its freakin crazy lookin. Looks like some horror movie because its like, orange outside. It looks like 10 min. after sunrise, u can see perfect. It might sound weird, but i wish u guys could see it, its so creepy

Quad18star
12-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

And its 10pm right now, its usually pitch black outside, but since the ground is covered in white snow/ice, its reflecting all the light rays everywhere and its actually real bright. I wish i had a digital camera to take a picture, its freakin crazy lookin. Looks like some horror movie because its like, orange outside. It looks like 10 min. after sunrise, u can see perfect. It might sound weird, but i wish u guys could see it, its so creepy

It was like that here lastnight .... I almost had to close the blinds in my room to keep the light out ( lil exageration but ya know) . Those are pretty fun nights though .... when we get liquered up at our ice fishing shack , atleast we got light to walk home afterwards .... it is pretty freaky though .:p

K_Fulk
12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Ive got 12 inches in the yard. And its still coming strong. We dont even get any lake effect down here either.

Scott-300ex
12-22-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah, your gettin all the snow we should have you tennessee people, im mad, oh well, we got some a little while ago and hopefully get some tonight

if i had that much snow and ice i would take out the quad and snowmobile and ride on the streets, and yes i can ride them both at the same time.:huh

400exrules
12-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
yeah, your gettin all the snow we should have you tennessee people, im mad, oh well, we got some a little while ago and hopefully get some tonight

if i had that much snow and ice i would take out the quad and snowmobile and ride on the streets, and yes i can ride them both at the same time.:huh

lol yah, it pisses me off, cuz i dont have a quad yet, and its perfect weather and oppurtunity to ride. Coulda gone slidin all over the street doin crazy donuts and stuff, Sucks ballz...oh well, if i keep up workin good hours on my job, i should have a truck and 400ex by next winter :D :D

and to let everyone who doesnt have a job or wutever yet know, it makes things alot easier and more enjoyable if u have a goal...my goal is truck first (only way i can haul a quad), then get the 400ex. Those are my goals, and it makes me kinda enjoy going to work and stuff. ehhh you'll understand

K_Fulk
12-22-2004, 10:48 PM
I was gonna go out. Went to up my pilot and main jets for the cold and somehow managed to strip the threads for the pilot jet in my fcr.:mad:

Rico
12-23-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I was gonna go out. Went to up my pilot and main jets for the cold and somehow managed to strip the threads for the pilot jet in my fcr.:mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

bens250ex
12-23-2004, 07:28 AM
the snow rolled through mississippi and left me with some snow riding today i cant wait this is going to be fun:D

400ex28
12-23-2004, 07:30 AM
:mad: ahhh we got 18" now and its too deep for the ol' 400ex :(

redrider69
12-23-2004, 07:45 AM
yeah we got like 4 inchs of snow on top of about 3 inches of solid hard ice my freakin quads at my pops house and my truck wont make it up my hill with all the ice and i dont have and chains that will fit my tires on the truck its so gay i should be riding right now but the high today is 25 tmw its 23 and then christmas day the high is 26 so this stuff is gonna stick around for a while

mike426ex
12-23-2004, 07:47 AM
I rode 12 miles yesterday in the snow. We ended up with about 17 " of that white stuff about 30 mikes southeast of Indy. Might dig mine out cause I need to go get some beer.

I-7
12-23-2004, 08:17 AM
December 23rd in Monticello, New York :mad: :mad: Heavy rain :grr:

400exrules
12-23-2004, 10:45 AM
ya today the temp is 22 and tomorrow its supposed to be 13 :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

yah this stuff is gonna melt in the sun, and re-freeze on the roads and make it slippery as hell. Its prob gonna stick around for a few more days now with it bein so cold

Scott-300ex
12-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lol yah, it pisses me off, cuz i dont have a quad yet, and its perfect weather and oppurtunity to ride. Coulda gone slidin all over the street doin crazy donuts and stuff, Sucks ballz...oh well, if i keep up workin good hours on my job, i should have a truck and 400ex by next winter :D :D

and to let everyone who doesnt have a job or wutever yet know, it makes things alot easier and more enjoyable if u have a goal...my goal is truck first (only way i can haul a quad), then get the 400ex. Those are my goals, and it makes me kinda enjoy going to work and stuff. ehhh you'll understand

thats awsome man, sucks you can't ride right now but you are making your own way and thats way cool, i bought 2/3 of my quad and all of my car and it does feel good being totally yours and you got it cause you worked your *** off.

what kind of truck you want?

and keep it up, good for you!:muscle:

edit: oh and its like 5-16 degree's around where i live this week

mike426ex
12-25-2004, 07:14 AM
I GOT A WARNING YESTERDAY BY THE DNR. RODE MY QUAD DOWN TO THE POST OFFICE AND THE GAS STATION. DNR CHECK ME AND 3 OTHER QUADS TO SEE IF THEY WERE REGERISERED. WELL MINE WASN'T. I DON'T NORMALLY RIDE ON THE RODES SO I NEVER BOTHERED. THE DNR OFFICER WASN'T BEING A** ABOUT IT AND TOLD ME THAT IT WAS OKAY TO RIDE ON THE RODES AFTER HE GAVE ME THE WARNING. BUT HE STILL HAD TO RUN MY DRIVERS LICENSE TO SEE IF I WAS WANTED FOR ANYTHING. THEN WE TALKED FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES ABOUT ATV ISSUES AND HE LET ME GO.

2002400ex
12-25-2004, 01:43 PM
There is hevy sleet coming down right now. Its supposed to start snowing in a few hours. Im so happy.