PDA

View Full Version : ok need some honest opinions

Zwanter
12-22-2004, 03:31 PM
ok im stuck between a yfz and 450r. i will be modding it for MX and im coming off a z400. i feel weird on the yfz but i figured i could get used to it. anyways just help me out please.

:confused:

SRH
12-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Zwanter
ok im stuck between a yfz and 450r. i will be modding it for MX and im coming off a z400. i feel weird on the yfz but i figured i could get used to it. anyways just help me out please.

i felt the same as you im like wytf this is uncomfortable i dont like it...its weird own one...youll never go back...and once you adjust youll realize the benefits fo that weird feel...id get a yfz, i think youll be faster right away on a yfz even if you dont feel like it

KEN1
12-22-2004, 04:45 PM
For MX there's only one choice........YFZ!

You'll love it!!!

Tantal
12-22-2004, 05:08 PM
I personally like the look of the TRX more than the YFZ but I prefer the features/performance of the YFZ to the TRX. So, I got myself a YFZ.

Zwanter
12-22-2004, 05:18 PM
thanks for the replys yall keep em coming

harescrambles
12-22-2004, 06:36 PM
for mx it's YFZ power.... move over to the dark side

jdwxv3
12-22-2004, 06:40 PM
I would get the 450R my YFZ fell apart. I loved the power but I had electrical problems out the arse. I am getting a 450R next. Maybe I had a lemon I dunno but I know a lot of people who had problems. Just my 2 cents. Later and good luck with the desicion.

400grl
12-22-2004, 06:47 PM
My YFZ kicks a** - never had any major problemswith it - I'm still racing it stock.......and it's very competitive!!!! This is not your typical Yamaha - I had a Honda, and it was great, but my Yamaha has been just as reliable. Maintain your quad, take care of it, and you shouldn't have any issues beyond the normal ones that occur once you start racing hard!! :)

Zwanter
12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
well my Z is modded for MX and i want the next best thing to that so is the yfz anything like the Z handling wise? (when its modded, i have ridden both stock)

tgyolai
12-22-2004, 07:40 PM
i got a yfz last year gotta love it

Ramsus
12-23-2004, 03:44 AM

Do you really think it was wise to go to a yfz forum and ask for an unbiased opinion?

If you went to a trx forum they'd say the trx is better hands down.

You need to go ride both, read about the problems each quad has, and how to fix those problems, and then decide.

www.trx450r.org
www.yfzcentral.com

Zwanter
12-23-2004, 01:54 PM
that's why i made a post in both sections............wanted to see what both sides had to say and try and make my decision from that.

ftr76vetquad
12-23-2004, 05:17 PM
I just came off of a stroked yoshimura Z450, and the yamaha i have now takes a little bit to get used to but when you do you will never look back good luck with whatever you buy!!!!!!!!

SRH
12-23-2004, 06:01 PM
half the stuff you read about on the internet is made up by some 15 year old kids whos uncles cousins brother heard about..

Zwanter
12-23-2004, 11:40 PM
ok i guess im gonna go yfz...........but are the engines pretty reliable? ive heard of blown motors in like 2 weeks. and what about the electrical problems?

jdwxv3
12-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Really either way you go you will be happy. I have just personally had bad luck with the YFZ. As far as the motor goes I have absolutley no problems it ran like a stripped ***** ape! The elec problems were what really brought me down. I have heard of many elec problems on the YFZ but most the people I talk to race XC not MX and that could have a lot to do with it. The next bike I get will be a 450R but you will be happy with the yfz without a doubt. I am just trying to let you know of the experience I have had with mine. I also bent my bottom a-arms and axle but for mx you will probaly change that anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide! They are both AWESOME!!

Zwanter
12-25-2004, 03:13 PM
thanks a lot for all the replys guys. i think im gonna go with the 450r just because i will be able to just get on it and go and not have much of anything to get used to. thanks again for all the replys

KEN1
12-27-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Zwanter
ok i guess im gonna go yfz...........but are the engines pretty reliable? ive heard of blown motors in like 2 weeks. and what about the electrical problems?

I think your confused.:confused:

Zwanter
12-27-2004, 09:37 PM
haha well honestly yes i am...........im still confused over what to go with.

400grl
12-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Zwanter, the engines are fine - there are no major issues with YFZ engines - I have heard of problems with the 450r's, though - you might want to ask around the 450r section to see if they got the crank issues solved (I think some cranks were coming apart on new 450r's). I have a 2004 and have had only two well known MINOR problems - my coolant seal started leaking (easy fix and cheap) and my decomp plug popped out (aftermarket billet plug fixed it fine). Tranny is GREAT (shifts like a Honda), engine is FAST and perfect, I've even been racing with my stock swinger with no problems - the stock shocks are fantastic - I don't have any plans on changing them out anytime soon.....I can't say enough about how awesome the YFZ is........so make your choice on personal preference, or color, or something - both machines are equal on the reliability factor if you take care of them......