PDA

View Full Version : ok need some hones opinions

Zwanter
12-22-2004, 03:30 PM
ok im stuck between a yfz and 450r. i will be modding it for MX and im coming off a z400. i feel weird on the yfz but i figured i could get used to it. anyways just help me out please.:confused:

rowlrag
12-22-2004, 04:04 PM
I am a MXer by no means, heck I couldn't jump a midget, But I've rode both stock on MX tracks and the Honda is more user friendly stock fer stock. The Honda is far more simpler to work on tune etc. But the YFZ has an awesome snappy motor for MX IMO the only thing good stock. Now both equally modded bikes the YFZ will be as good if not better. The Honda is suited for lighter riders better than the YFZ. I like Yamaha products as much as Honda but I like the Honda simplicity and handling far better especially woods but thats another subject.:D ride both and good luck!

12-22-2004, 07:49 PM
just my 2 cents..... i bought a 450r in jan put on a fmf slip-on' bars nerfs tiers and a tether. i raceed b class and spanked a whole lot of hevilly modified yams. to win the championship. in fact the guy in 2nd has a total of 15k into his yam. all that money can't buy u a championship.:D i gues i'm very biased, but u would be to:macho just my 2 cents;) wich ever u think u can learn to be faster on is what u should buy

4StrokeNewbee
12-22-2004, 11:25 PM
If this helps any.....I'm 6'2 and i feel alot more comfortable on a trx than a yfz. To me the yfz felt like i was riding a horse! I ritired my 250r which had long travel suspension all around, and i got on a trx450 and the ride is alomost the same (stock) it just feels a little narrow. the only thing i liked from the yfz was the electric start, but the kick start is not a hassel. i vote yes for the trx 450!!!

Zwanter
12-23-2004, 01:52 PM
yeah thats what i dont like about it i feel really cramped but im only 5'11. i'm still undecided though.........lol im leaning towards the R though because i found a really nice deal on one.

roostin_dale
12-23-2004, 02:08 PM
My thoughts...

450r = Trails
yfz450 = MX

The snappy motor of the yfz is much better for mx, the honda doesnt have the pull the yammi does on the track.

Yes, the yfz is uncomfortable but once you own one, you get use to it. Both are GREAT quads but IMO the yfz is more of an MX'er. Just like some other people said, ride both and decide, imo its the yfz....