PDA

View Full Version : question about new front end

fultz416ex
12-22-2004, 01:33 PM
hey guys i just got a new front end for my 400ex. they are the new eyeball engineer long travel plus 3. my problem is with the tie-rods. i haven't got my shocks yet, but even when i lower the quad down to the proper ride height, i still have a ton of toe-in. the tie-rods seem to not have enough threads on them. i adjust them all the way out, and i still have a ton of toe-in. should i wait until i get my shocks to be concerned or should i be concerned now? thanks
travis

TBD
12-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I think your reffering to something the wrong way. Toe in is when the front tires are closer in the front of the tire then in the rear. If your tie rods are too short then you would be toe'd out. If you have the tie rods threaded all the way in until they bottom out in the ends then you could have a problem with bieng toe'd in. When you thread the tie rod into the tie rod ends the front of the tires will get further apart from each other. When you thread the tie rod out of the tie rod ends the front of the tires will get closer together.

R3Concepts
12-22-2004, 04:44 PM
Also how do you think your going to do this right with no shocks? Your taking a guess at the proper ride height, not what it will actually be with YOU on the bike. Camber, caster, then toe, in that order.