PDA

View Full Version : Sign Your Donor Card

Quad18star
12-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Alright guys and girls . I heard a pretty scary statistic on the News the other day that made me think of posting this up . Did you know , that about only 15 people out of a million actually sign their Organ Donor Card or their Drivers License?? That's a scary thought when you think about it . The reason I'm posting this , is because I know of a few people that have been receipients of organ donations and I know of a few people that passed away because organs or tissue weren't available quick enough . With this holiday season in full swing and tons of people hitting the roads , there are bound to be accidents that will require someone to need an organ donation . Also , don't you think it would put a smile on a little kids face , when he or she finds out that they'll be the receipient of a organ that could very well save their life?? Help put smiles on famalies faces this year by signing your organ and tissue donation card ....

MY450R
12-22-2004, 12:23 PM
done.
but i dont think anyone would want my organs
thats like opening a jar of pickled beets

zephead400ex
12-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Good thread Greg. As long as they don't want my liver it outta be fine!:)

Quad18star
12-22-2004, 12:30 PM
HAHAHA ... you two guys are somehting else . :p

I've signed mine .... what good are your organs and tissue to you when you're dead right?? If it can help save someones life , they can take whatever they want out of me when I'm gone .

MY450R
12-22-2004, 12:33 PM
yeah they can take whatever they want except...lil leg they cant have that.i want to be a man when they bury me

12-22-2004, 03:36 PM
i will sig mine as soon as I turn 18 in a few days ;)

zedicus00
12-22-2004, 03:41 PM
ive signed mine... i agree, when im dead i dont need em.

sickmojave
12-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
ive signed mine... i agree, when im dead i dont need em.

;)

12-22-2004, 05:19 PM
yah..someone out there will need my brain

LTandRaptorider
12-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
yah..someone out there will need my brain

now you know when you set yourself up like that... ;)

My last good deed of the year Jumbo... :) besides, I'm having trouble figuring out who could use your brain... :confused:

I have a signed organ donor card... right before they burn me up, they can carve out whatever, if anything, may be useful... ;)

Quad18star
12-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

My last good deed of the year Jumbo... :) besides, I'm having trouble figuring out who could use your brain... :confused:

I have a signed organ donor card... right before they burn me up, they can carve out whatever, if anything, may be useful... ;)

Ya they can carve me up too .... if someone wants , when I'm dead they can take the metal rod out of my leg and use it as a shifter in their car or something. :p

But I'm glad to see a lot of you guys signing your cards .... I found it really scary when I heard on TV that only 15 out of a Million sign their card . :ermm:

spudss
12-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

I've signed mine .... what good are your organs and tissue to you when you're dead right?? If it can help save someones life , they can take whatever they want out of me when I'm gone .

I agree with that I have been a donor since I was able to have a DL.. They worked for me and if they will work for someone else then Im all for it.. You never know it might be you that needs an organ...And If I could save a life after mine is over that is a great thing...

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!

12-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

lol..a raptor owner could use my brain of course

kwatts400
12-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Good thread Greg. As long as they don't want my liver it outta be fine!:)

Yeah, they can have anything they want, but I don't think they'll want my liver either.

bansheeguy77
12-23-2004, 12:44 AM
o yea the first negative nancy of this post :macho i dont want nobody cuttin me up when im dead...and having some filthy doctors gettin rich off of me. the only way is if they use the money from my organs to build me a huge pyramid :D

Mxjunkie
12-23-2004, 12:46 AM
its a good cause etc, but idk, i know i dont need them and i wont feel it, but i dont wanna be cut up lol, and if theres sometin after this id like to be one piece if thats possible..