PDA

View Full Version : What class you racing in IATVHSS

Shawn H
12-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey guys so lets here it straight from the source which classes are you racing this year in Iowa?

I know many people who are jumping up in classes that did not do to well in there respective class last year for example people who didnt make the top 10 or real close to it.

I wonder why and whats your thoughts on it? Do they know they cant (or can they) go back down to a lower class once they make the switch?

I feel it should be earned to move up in classes and not a gimme>I hope they dont get into the way like someone did to Mike Burrows at Waukon or cause a accident running over there heads. I ll tell ya right now 3 whoo whoos and I m getting aggressive with the lappers>

I'll be in The A-class.Hopefully I can keep up :ermm:

I cant wait I have not rode since the 12hr I'm going thru withdrawls:mad:

UbeenSmoked
12-22-2004, 10:19 AM
im racing B-class, i finished in the top 10 in the C-class, and i feel that i am fast enough to run B-class and to pretty well. dont worry anput me shawn i wont get in ur way and if i do for some reason ill know to pull over i alwaus do if someone is faster then me :D m unless u feel like i shouldnt ?

Matt

Shawn H
12-22-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm not referring to you Ill give you the benifit of the doubt since you had a broken wrist for awhile and it could have set you back a little and ya still finished in the top 10.:D

But theres others out there not mentioning names tho>

UbeenSmoked
12-22-2004, 10:53 AM
o tht fine just seeing wut ya thought, i hope to have a much better year and geting rid of my stock shocks and getting aftermarket hope that helps me, and if u se me #30 ill move as fast as i can not to try ot interfere, but i dont think well have to worry about that :devil: im training as we speak

Matt

Shawn H
12-22-2004, 11:04 AM
I had heard there are a few Criders that plan on racing A-class thats 2 classes up! Im not worried or do I care just wanted to start a debate and see other peoples views to keep us all together :D

Matt,
How can you be training sitting in front of your puter? So you dont think we will catch ya cause your training now? Your a youngin you should already be in better shape then most of us? :blah:

UbeenSmoked
12-22-2004, 11:11 AM
True True, pkaying football int he snow get u in shape very well, well at least playing football 2 on 2 does lol.

now i can see were there two C guys going up to A, now that redicukus(sp) o well ur jsut going to haft to knock some sense into them shawn:devil:

Matt

Shawn H
12-22-2004, 11:29 AM
No No I wouldnt do that:ermm: I like racing with more people its better racing then!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-22-2004, 12:07 PM
hmmm lets see I think I will run the womens class this year, I am sure Colby will be in B class again as for training whats that, hopefully we will have time to do that once we get moved our training for the past year has been races :o

as for us slow ones just make sure you YELL LOUD before you push us over :)

Johnny & Monica
12-22-2004, 12:25 PM
I`m racing the 40+ class an Mark is moving up from the c class to the b class baby steps he says:rolleyes: Todd is staying in the c-class :(

watts16
12-22-2004, 12:48 PM
junior class this is my first season

foxracingpredat
12-22-2004, 04:43 PM
I'll be racing in B class on my predator. How many riders does each class see per race for this series. Shawn told me it was a great series so im pumped to ride some new tracks.

komatsu kid
12-22-2004, 05:21 PM
i'll be running b-class if i ever get my wheeler done!!!!!!

QUADROOKIE
12-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Well, I am still undecided on which class I am gonna race. I heard there is gonna be a "Beginners Class" AND a C Class, but also heard somewhere that the beginners class is actually gpnna be a "stock" class, whatever that means? If it means totally stock machine, then thats out. If its a true beginners class, I will prolly race that, although Matt(ubeensmoked) will prolly say I need to go C class. He is prolly right. i just dunno..one of those tho..definately not B. And I say, even if the guy who won C class..if he won every race by 10 minuted over 2nd place, he should STILL only move up to B class. Thats the smart way to do it regardlessIMO. If he runs 2 or 3 B races and same results (wins easily) then maybe think about jumping on up, but otherwise, no. Again, Just My Opinion! I cant wait to get on that starting line for the first time!!!!!!

jdwxv3
12-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Yea i hate when people jump classes. B/C if you get a bad hole shot and get behind em they wont move b/c they are in your class. They screw you over b/c they think they are hardarses just b/c they race A or whatever. It is all image to them.

Johnson
12-22-2004, 06:24 PM
It's doesn't matter to me what people want to race just as long as they know who the fast guys are and to stay out of the way. Are you getting excited about racing in the A class.

jdwxv3
12-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnson
It's doesn't matter to me what people want to race just as long as they know who the fast guys are and to stay out of the way. Are you getting excited about racing in the A class.

Hey Johnson,

Are you asking me if I am getting excited about the A class? If so heck ya! I am nervous but it will be ok.

I saw the nice pass attemt at the Bullcreek race. It was right at the end of the grass track you bumped another AA rider in the rear tire and spun them out. I dont think you got around them but it was a very strategical hit(it was on the last lap of the last moto). I was the yellow 400 broke down on the side. I dunno if you saw me b/c you were flying at that time.

How do you like your 450R? I was thinking about getting me one next year but dont know about it just yet. By the way do you have any 400ex parts left over? And do you know if Brian Hulsey is getting rid of his kfx yet? Thanks....Josh Werdehausen

Shawn H
12-22-2004, 06:54 PM

Duane if your talking to me? Yea Im excited to be able to start on the same line and be in front of all the lappers:D

shep
12-22-2004, 06:55 PM
josh, what did you break? and johnson luvs his 450r , talked to bryon last night dont think he will sell the kfx yet!!!

the Z Man
12-22-2004, 08:32 PM
The Z Man decided to stay in A for another season, starting to get the ol R dialed in, my shocks beat the crap out of me in the last two races. Colby found the prob and I think I still have a top 10 in me yet.
Watch for the # 6 in the front row,,

QUADROOKIE
12-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Just a little off topic, but does anyone have a clue wtf is wrong with The Central-(z400) website?

Rdogg450
12-22-2004, 08:42 PM
C-class so i can get an earlier start home Sunday before the work week begins monday.:ermm:

jdwxv3
12-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by shep
josh, what did you break? and johnson luvs his 450r , talked to bryon last night dont think he will sell the kfx yet!!!

Shep,

I put a used clarke tank on my 400. I guess I did not mount it up good enough due to some bolts on the tank being stripped. Anyway I thought the plug was fouling out the first moto so I quit and changed it. Then about 3 miles in to the second lap on the second moto my quad died after doing to same things(poping and craking) Turns out my tank was pinching off my gas line and killing my motor. Not to mention a flat rear tire.

quadnice
12-22-2004, 09:04 PM
If JGfarmracer is going +30 then I might just tag along w/ him!

I started the season strong in IA, then LEARNED MANY LESSONS FOR RACING!!!
Indianola = podium
Bussey = Camelback problems the entire race, til I ditched it w/ 2 laps to go
Leon = skipped that muddy race
Waukon = 2 FLAT tires :mad:
Ft. Dodge = Toasted battery :mad: due to linkage / rear shock travel problems
Waukon = Rode the Practice bike, & Exhaust canister fell off :mad:

HANDS ON HELMETS!!!!!
10 SECONDS!!!!!

Iowa RULES!!!!!

UbeenSmoked
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Just a little off topic, but does anyone have a clue wtf is wrong with The Central-(z400) website?

works for me

quadnice glad to hear that u still plan on racing after ur wrist :D

Matt

rpmquad
12-22-2004, 10:10 PM
vet+30...three years away from the +40 lol...i am very good at getting over lol...plus being one of the only 2-strokes left i hear you guys comming long before i see you :D

Johnny & Monica
12-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by rpmquad
vet+30...three years away from the +40 lol...i am very good at getting over lol...plus being one of the only 2-strokes left i hear you guys comming long before i see you :D

Long live the 250r`s The Legends!!!:D

Shawn H
12-23-2004, 01:19 AM
I suppose Chance and Taylor are all pumped up since Bradley is in the Junior class now huh:devil:

ATVGurl
12-23-2004, 01:35 AM
It's a tough decision.....but.... I think I may stick to the WOMEN'S class :D I'm going to have to ride a little more aggressively, though, this year!! And I will move over for anyone, as always :) If they catch up with ya, they're obviously movin' faster!

Anyone going to run some GNCC's or the 6-hour races? We'll be in Texas for both in February! I will just be a cheerleader at those! Hope to see some familiar faces!

Shawn H
12-23-2004, 01:41 AM
I think we are going to both of the Texas races in Feb,

We will also be at the 6hrs of Wi thats are home track its awesome:macho

komatsu kid
12-23-2004, 03:51 AM
And I say, even if the guy who won C class..if he won every race by 10 minuted over 2nd place, he should STILL only move up to B class. Thats the smart way to do it regardlessIMO. If he runs 2 or 3 B races and same results (wins easily) then maybe think about jumping on up, but otherwise, no. Again, Just My Opinion! I cant wait to get on that starting line for the first time!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE] i am going to b-class

jdwxv3
12-23-2004, 05:10 AM
I dont know guys. If someone is fast they are fast. My little bro for instance last year in the MO series. He raced C b/c it was his first year racing. Many times his laps were consisent and better than a lot of the A riders. He and I are both moving to A in the MO series. I belive there are eceptions to the rule b/c people dont like sandbaggers either. But if someone does not belong in a class then it is there fault for racing it. I dont think it would be fun to race when you are tottally out rode. For instance there is absolutly no way I would race AA in Mo. Johnson, Hulsey, Burrows, Friga, Wyatt, and the list goes on and on......Would stomp a mud hole in my *****! That would not even be fun becasue I would be riding by myself for most of the race in between classes.

Johnson
12-23-2004, 06:19 AM
I think that was Bryan Baker I tried to put that move on. Yes I really like my Honda just need a litte more practice at starting it I should of won that race if it don't take me three or four kicks and tenth off the line. I was talking to snowgasm but that alright. Josh are you going to the next Hillbilly race on the ninth?

watts16
12-23-2004, 08:54 AM
how does the numbering work? does the junior class have to a number in a certain range like 50-75 or can you pick any number

thanks
Greg

Shawn H
12-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Duane ,
Whats your jetting at? Just curious why it takes you 3-4 kicks?

So what ya got for shocks and stuff :confused:

C-mon fill us Northerners in What mods ya got for your quad:ermm:

1 last question for ya, lol why did you switch to the Honda you had good success with the YFZ?

If I dont get on here for some reason I wish everyone here.

A BIG OL MERRY CHRISTMAS:cool:

Exracer
there are no certain numbers for classes The TOP 5 are reserved for the top 5 guys but the rest is a free for all. You may want to email Andy/tracy and see what numbers are left as a lot have been reserved already>

Johnny & Monica
12-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
I suppose Chance and Taylor are all pumped up since Bradley is in the Junior class now huh:devil:

Taylor an Chance are pumped up an ready,they ask every 2 weeks how much longer:confused: They both got new plastic an pc`ed frames an Taylor got sponsored by Elka this year
Me an Mark will be in texas this year for both races an the first 3 MO. races an then let the ioa series start:macho

jdwxv3
12-23-2004, 11:07 AM
I think that was Bryan Baker I tried to put that move on. Yes I really like my Honda just need a litte more practice at starting it I should of won that race if it don't take me three or four kicks and tenth off the line. I was talking to snowgasm but that alright. Josh are you going to the next Hillbilly race on the ninth?

Duane,

I am going to hold off on the next hillbilly, I need to get my stuff together for the Mo series. I have to replace a few odds and end parts and replace with aftermarket. If you have any old 400ex parts give me a pm to let me know. Also do you know how to get ahold of Jason Gudde? I have called him, e-mailed him, and pmed him. I bought some carbon fibers from him and he has not accepted my pay pal money yet. Thanks.........Josh W.

Johnson
12-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Josh I don't have any 400ex stuff any more all I know is Jason cell phone #.

Shawn I got to excited on both of those holeshots and just hit the gas to fast. At home I can get it started really fast first kick almost every time. Me and Chad Johnson were about the same off the line just playing a round here it was my falt at that hillbilly race but I have been practicing and will be ready for next time. I will have ARS FX front and Rear end with Axis shock just wanted to be back on a Honda it does feel alot better in the woods. What all are you going to have done to yours for next year?

jdwxv3
12-23-2004, 04:29 PM
When I get my next quad.(next race season) I am going to get a long travlel set up but only on the front or the rear. I was assuming I should get the long travel back first. Am I correct in assuming this?

Also, are Scott Noel's swing arms durable? He made me a set of nerfs I am happy with and I was just curious about his swingarms b/c my little bro needs one for his KFX. If anyone knows anything about them let me know please!!

Thanks
Josh

UbeenSmoked
12-23-2004, 04:33 PM
well for the 2005 season i will have Houser +1 Lt with elka quadrate shcoks all around and a houser Swingarm and more goodies

Matt

Johnson
12-23-2004, 05:05 PM
I would say that the rear end is the most important but front and rear at the same time is really worth it!

jdwxv3
12-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the info!

rpmquad
12-24-2004, 09:11 PM
you will be much happier if you do both at the same time

i will also be anouther ia.rider in texas in feb :D .....johnny is going to pit for me :devil: lol

dripy
12-24-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm hoping to run as many gncc's as i can aford i cant wait for the season to start back up and see all the people again. I hope i can get off my butt and do some training this winter i havnt even thought about riding a quad sence the 12hr. my quad is in a million peaces write now waiting to get frame and a-arm powder coated and a brand new set of blue plastic I just got my new Flexx bars in the other day i hope there as nice as everyone says they are. hope to see all of you in april L8r

Johnny & Monica
12-25-2004, 08:54 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL IOWA RACERS:D

UbeenSmoked
12-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL IOWA RACERS:D

Same here, o ya all the Iowa Riders let us know wut u all got so all of us can have the edge on wut u all have for the next race Season, See u all in April

Matt

Shawn H
12-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Let cha know what we got? lol

Ahh well I got me a little motor magic from GT THUNDER :devil:

Alot more stuff to :p

jgfarmsracer
12-25-2004, 09:55 PM
la ta da

big motor = big problems and a lot of heat

the Z Man
12-26-2004, 08:19 AM
I got map layouts of every race,,, Oh, and plus one long travel.

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
la ta da

big motor = big problems and a lot of heat

Eat me I wont have no problems> My motor would easily be able to run in a 12hr race.
Will see, you best start training ol man:devil: lmao

Johnson
12-26-2004, 05:29 PM
how big of a motor is and what is all the other stuff?

Johnny & Monica
12-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Ya know Shawn is sitting up there snowed in eating an getting fat :D All those mods an big motor aint going to pull him around:devil: Sit up`s Shawn sit up`s:blah: :blah:

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 07:35 PM
lmao
We dont even have any snow here!Should be snowmobiling to stay in better riding shape but no snow.

Ive been training trust me I know what I got to do to try and keep up with Duane and Mike. I lost 24lbs thru out the year and hope to loose 17 more before the start of the year.

My motor is a 480cc now,replaced the crank, valves and few other things inside to make it thru the year. Other than that everything is mostly the same LT Axis, Drybreak tank, flexx bars,diffrent skid plate set-up for more clearance.

Iam going for the quad of the year contest so I got lots of bling and P/C but that wont make me any faster maybe look better tho :cool:

I wish it was all together so I could ride,last year I rode thru out most of the winter>

400exmom
12-26-2004, 07:48 PM

I wish it was all together so I could ride,last year I rode thru out most of the winter>

me too!! i havent ridden since november 22nd:( my quads in iowa getting a 416 kit~ armpump in texas should be a blast!!:mad:

the Z Man
12-26-2004, 07:56 PM
The Z had a nice 3 hour ride today, killer arm pump and an even better sweat,,, sure wish someone could set me up with some Lakers plastic....

UbeenSmoked
12-26-2004, 08:07 PM
lmao
We dont even have any snow here!Should be snowmobiling to stay in better riding shape but no snow.>

me to shawn, but we dont have any snow either, but i havnt rode sence a month ago...lol

Matt

Kim were are u getting ur engine done at?

400exmom
12-26-2004, 08:12 PM
my motor is getting done at Mumms The Word~* Lenny is an awesome guy!!!:)

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
The Z had a nice 3 hour ride today, killer arm pump and an even better sweat,,, sure wish someone could set me up with some Lakers plastic....

You maybe 40 but you have the patience of a 15yr old lol.
I'm going to order tomorrow mine tomorrow:)

Why dont ya pimp Gudde for some?

Johnny & Monica
12-26-2004, 08:40 PM
We rode today at the quarry an down frozen creeks Riding 400ex till mines back together Shawn didnt let me PC your frame:( pr!ck lol kidding,Kim,an Bob Z-man an Zack ,Gudde ,tator salad,All let me hook them up:(

Johnny & Monica
12-26-2004, 08:42 PM
what color Bob going on plastic?

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I would have let you trust me but Pappy owed me money and he gave me a really sweet deal. And I had my frame gusseted in Oh and brought to Pappy at the GNCC banquet.

the Z Man
12-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Already hit Gudde, Hey Mikeracer Johnny, you get me a price on some Lakers? Black.. Z.
Don't wanna put anybody out.

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
what color Bob going on plastic?

Who know's PINK?
I dont know if he's getting any plastics:confused:

the Z Man
12-26-2004, 08:47 PM
You all have an *** whoopin comin..

UbeenSmoked
12-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Already hit Gudde, Hey Mikeracer Johnny, you get me a price on some Lakers? Black.. Z.
Don't wanna put anybody out.

i think i could see bob with some Pink Plastic, and maybe with some heart decals to go with that plastic :devil: J/K

Matt

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 08:55 PM
shawn BABY!!!!!

can't take a little ribbing

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 08:56 PM
You all have an *** whoopin comin..

Bring it ol' BOY

Johnson
12-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Shawn are you going to any of the GNCC's? Before Iowa starts you should come to some Missouri races.
Lebanon Feb. 26
Sedalia Mar. 12
Kahoka Apr. 2

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Blow me Whore:devil:
You going to The 6hrs of Wi?
Zman bring it?

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Shawn are you going to any of the GNCC's? Before Iowa starts you should come to some Missouri races.
Lebanon Feb. 26
Sedalia Mar. 12
Kahoka Apr. 2

Yea Ill be at Texas I think? I just may do them Mo races I'll talk with Jerry and see if he wants too? You just want to lay the smack down on me all over huh:D

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Micheal's quad is the biggest piece of junk out there and he's still fast.

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:01 PM
the wi 6 hour is the same day as a GNCC

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:02 PM
There is some really good competition in Missouri I think that you will be surprised.

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Are you going to try and do GNCC's and Iowa's this year Gudde?

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:06 PM
yes all this year
and a few of the 6 hours

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:07 PM
got your rear end yet or front

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Duane are you kidding me I know there is good competetion down there I have heard.

Im going to the 6hrs if Wi for sure and I believe thats a Iowa race that weekend too?

Michael still going with the YFZ? Funny you call it POS :D

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Gudde
who all is going with you to these GNCC's?

I would hit more but its hard when there is only a few of us up here who would committ to them>

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:11 PM
hey shawn you staying with jb arms and axis

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Yes Micheal is still on the YFZ and we all call it a POS

Is there a six hour in Missouri this year to?

No I have got the rear end in yet they are saying the middle of Jan. now.

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:14 PM
tx there will be three of us then fl. ga just me and the wife for our one year anniversary

from there i'm not for sure, i'll take anyone

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Gudde have you got the ARS FX rear end ordered yet?

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:15 PM
ya it's ordered

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I may have to go with you to a few GNCC's if you don't care.

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:17 PM
When did they tell you you would get it?

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:17 PM
that will work!

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Yep JB for me

I cant afford the ARSFX like you rich boys lol. Do ya got the fronts yet? Whats so good about them?

I may have to hook up with ya for some of the gncc's too

I don't know if there is a 6hrs for Mo

Johnson
12-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Gudde are you going to any more hillbilly races?

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:25 PM
ya i'm trying for the jan 9th one

but don't know if i will have my clutch work done

shawn i don't know what it is about this front end but it is a lot better than my Roll Design ever even dreamed of being

i know the shocks are diff (roll was 16", ARS are 19" )

or it's something about the bump steer

Shawn H
12-26-2004, 09:52 PM
My shocks are 19" too
What are ya doing to the clutch?

jgfarmsracer
12-26-2004, 09:55 PM
basket, inner hub and new plates

Johnny & Monica
12-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Micheal's quad is the biggest piece of junk out there and he's still fast.

Hey I got his ol`blue pos:D Done trade off to Mark Ulien thougth.

jdwxv3
12-27-2004, 05:18 AM
Gudde,

Did ya get the money for the wheels? Later....Josh

Johnny & Monica
12-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Who for sure is riding the 40+ super ol`man class with me . Bob is backing out on me an running A again.I think me Kevin Harvey,An John Wood are who esle ?An what about guys turning 40 in the middle of the season like Bohon do they gotta stay in 30+ or can they go on to 40+ different series different rules Anyone know on the age to date issue?

UbeenSmoked
12-28-2004, 12:00 AM
i guess when he turns 40 he could move up but he wouldnt get the points that he got in +30 probably have to start all back over in points in he moved up

Matt

o ya can i race with u old guys huh:blah: ....hehe

jdwxv3
12-28-2004, 05:17 AM
A lotta the old guys are faster than the young bucks!:mad: :eek2:

Shawn H
12-28-2004, 09:24 AM
I have to disagree with ya on that 1:o

Johnny your not going to have any competetion in that class> What fun would it be to race 5 people? Stay +30 and start whooping:devil:

Johnny & Monica
12-28-2004, 09:47 AM
You'll be surprised how many fast old guys there are. I know a good ol boy name Johnny Maples whose at least 60 and I know he'd still kick most of your azzes. He's a legend around here. I'm sure there will be plenty of competition for Johnny, there's still 3 months and alot of people that race don't even get on the internet so hopefully all the classes will really grow this year.

Johnson
12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
You are right about that one Johnny is still a every good rider even for the A class. He's some where in his 60's. We went riding at his place this last weekend.

burrows
12-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Duane Michael wants to know why you aren't working........

Johnson
12-28-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm taking it easy this week. I was think about going riding there in alittle bit is Micheal to busy to go?

jdwxv3
12-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey guys, I found a set of long travel front shocks for a good deal. I was wondering if I put the long travel up front would it make my quad ride funny with a regular Elka on the back?

Shawn H
12-28-2004, 06:34 PM
You should have all your shocks valved for each other.They will compliment each. Do ya have LT arms?

To answer your question you'll be fine.

Johnny & Monica
12-28-2004, 06:36 PM
I put long travel housers with elkas on the front of my yfz last year an raced one mo. race an left the back stock it tore me up the *** end really buck an set tall,I hurried up with ordering my rear elka an elka link fast for next race.

Shawn I got my butt kicked in the 30+ class last year don`t know how I pulled a 4th off I only got 1 2nd place finish an the rest was in top 5 except 2 bad races with problems,It sucks getting old an being slow:rolleyes:

Need some equally old an slow guys to go 40+:devil:

rpmquad
12-28-2004, 06:40 PM
i'm slow :D ....but not 40 yet....but in three years you better watch out johnny :devil:

Shawn H
12-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Johnny I hear ya I was just playing, At least your consistant:D

Im really curious as to how many new people will be racing next year? I watched the video the other day and was suprised by how many people were in the A-class at The farm and Brooks. There were alot more there then the others it looked like

jdwxv3
12-28-2004, 07:01 PM
So what I am getting from what you said is it will be better than 16 inch fronts with the back elka but it would be better with the back longtravel as well. I have a rear elka on it already. Basically tell me yes you would do it or no you would not. I have elkas up front already but I want long travel. I do not have the funds to get the rear yet. I found some front axis for Cheap tripple rate compression and rebound adjustment.

Snowgasm no I dont have lt a arms but I could get em if I get the shocks. Thanks guys I need help I am confused.

shep
12-28-2004, 07:09 PM
:bandit: the long travel front shocks came out before the long travel rear came out, so you can run the LT front with standerd rear and be just fine, it wont be as good as the LT rear but very good!!

shep
12-28-2004, 07:14 PM
:bandit: also with elka rear you have a lot ride hieth ajustment to help evan the front to back ride hieth!!

jdwxv3
12-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Alright now I just have to find out how I can pull the money out of my but. I just know it is in there somewhere.:D I will have to sit on it for a day or two. Thanks a lot for the help guys! I really am thankful!

jdwxv3
12-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by shep
:bandit: also with elka rear you have a lot ride hieth ajustment to help evan the front to back ride hieth!!

True, true

shep
12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
:bandit: one more thing G T thunder makes a kick *** shock link for you setup on the rear for $75. to make that elka work evan better!!!:muscle:

98red
12-28-2004, 07:35 PM
how does the GT compare to the elka rear link?..with the GT, will the swing-arm guard fit o.k.

Johnny & Monica
12-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by 98red
how does the GT compare to the elka rear link?..with the GT, will the swing-arm guard fit o.k.

RED are you going to race 40+ with me this year?I think I have rear 400ex tail ligth but let me double check,

98red
12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
If HONDA ever puts that little button on the handle bars (450r). watch out!! I might have my son sit out a race so I can give it a try..even though my " spark plug" has been fouled for a couple of years now:(

geogeorge
12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
shep how you liking your long travel? you will have to let me ride your quad and see how it works.:devil:

Johnny & Monica
12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Johnny I hear ya I was just playing, At least your consistant:D

Im really curious as to how many new people will be racing next year? I watched the video the other day and was suprised by how many people were in the A-class at The farm and Brooks. There were alot more there then the others it looked like

Shawn I knew you was playing if not me with your self:huh I try to be cosistant an sometimes full my self do good. but cant kick the smoking an wears me down quick :confused: Hoping to ride with Zack an Micheal Burrows a little more this winter an maybe something will rub off :devil:

Shawn H
12-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 98red

Jdwxv3

Definetly get the LT the rear will be fine,I had the exact same set-up up until the Fort dodge race, When I sold my Elka and got a Axis with the Gt Thunder link, The Gt link is way better than the Elka link!

98red Yes you have to vut out your skid plate where the link is,No fear tho this Gt link is built very well and strong. It will handle abuse>

Johnny,
If Jason can quit smoking anyone can that boy used to smoke 2packs everyday.I told him to quit and he would say"I love smoking" Then after 1 race he quit smoking and drinking soda's cold turkey. It definetly has improved his racing and health.Im proud of him for that:)

I must note that at the 12hrs when he seen me pushing the quad in 1.5 hrs from the end of the race he did have 1/2 a smoke he was more nervous then me I was like what ya doing man he put it out he has not had 1 since, It made him a little sick I think:p

Now if Jerry could quit smoking:macho