PDA

View Full Version : Banchee Banning!

04-23-2002, 11:33 AM
the word that has been going around here with my ridding friends is that 2003-2004 the goverenment is going to ban the production of 2strokes. because of high emissions.
has anybody heard of this?
maybe honda stoping the 250R years ago was a good thing. we would really miss the 250R if we had it for years and the govnt took it away now. that might be what the banchee owners might have to experience
"History Repeats Itself"????????????????

Texan32
04-23-2002, 11:38 AM
I highly doubt this. Take a second to think af all the small engines that are 2 stroke
-boat motors
-chain saws
-lawn mowers (lawn boy..for all you old schoolers)
-leaf motors
-weed eaters
....and the list goes on....and on....

I think the scope of banning 2 stroke motors as too far beyond just 4 wheelers......

gojk
04-23-2002, 11:47 AM
That is true but they are already banning 2-stroke PWC. If it isn't banned in that area then they rope off a section of the lakes that they have to stay in.

Guy400
04-23-2002, 11:52 AM
I've heard much the same thing concerning 2-stroke off road vehicles but the year was 2006. Off road 2-strokes will be banned except for "competition use only" vehicles. Take the CR's for example. In the present state they would be illegal but all Honda has to do is put a statement in the owner's manual "Competition use only" and they'd be legal again.

NJ300ex
04-23-2002, 11:58 AM
2 stroke jet skis are being banned because they are supposedly polluting the water. I don't think so. There are old boats from the 70's out on the water that pollute the water a whole lot more. They are also hella louder. My jet ski has a fuc*ing catalayic converter on it and they are saying it has bad emissions. The thing is also restricted alot and is not loud at all. My 400ex is louder and the jet ski is a 1200cc 2 stroke triple pumping out 155 horses.

knighttime
04-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Will Yamaha legally be able to make Banshee's? :confused:

or BANCHEES? :confused: :eek:

Guy400
04-23-2002, 12:07 PM
I suppose they could if they sold the quad as a closed course competition use only vehicle. I've already heard rumors that Yamaha was planning to axe the Shee within the next 2-3 years anyway despite this law. Maybe they'll get rid of the Shee and come up with a better 4-stroke machine. Something along the lines of a 426 powered quad in a lighter, lower and wider chassis (you know, the type they should've made instead of the Raptor).

gojk
04-23-2002, 12:08 PM
I don't think they are going to ban riding them, just producing them. Like they did with 3-wheelers

PDunes300ex
04-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I don't know the year but given a few years two strokes will be competition only. If yamaha was smart they would axe the banshee and concentrate on 4strokes. If the banshee was competition only...their sales would plummet like a stone. 2stroke PWC's are already on the chopping block. For example...the two stroke ban is expanding to cover all types...My parents bought a 2 stroke weed eater for their ranch and a few months later the service guy told them that that model has since been banned from sale in california due to emissions. California for example bans 2strokes from state forestry areas from the months of June through September.
Just a little info

Deathbringer
04-23-2002, 12:26 PM
Yeah a lot of the lakes here in Oregon, and Northern California are banning 2 stroke jet skis because of the emissions. Its coming but I think it going to be a slow change over.
I have a 4 stroke weedeater and ATV..so I am doing my part.. heheeeeeehahaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

Wired
04-23-2002, 12:31 PM
well an inside source (test rider) told me that the banshee's production days are numbered...

knighttime
04-23-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars
well an inside source (test rider) told me that the banshee's production days are numbered...

We want proof or no one is gonna believe this. :eek:

EricB
04-23-2002, 01:38 PM
hey DeathBringer im in medford, where are you at in southern oregon?

Edit: dude i think i just talked to you this afternoon, im eric who works at gsa...er CSA now hehe, VSOUND? =P

the reason why they want to ban 2stroke jet skiis is cos people who don't maintain them, mix gas on the docks and spill oil and gas every where. its just like everything else, a hand full of stupid people screw it for everyone. just look at handguns for example..

Deathbringer
04-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Oh ****... thats funny man... yes this is me..
Don't tell...
:D

04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
well, since i own a 2stroke, u can tell the state of cali they can drive over here and kiss my ***, they will quit makin em, not ban em

EricB
04-23-2002, 04:29 PM
Won't say anything hehe, funny how small this state is...btw im going to be getting a new 400ex maybe we could go riding sometime once i get it.

Pro400EXC
04-23-2002, 04:34 PM
HEY GUYS, OK HERE IS HOW ITS GONNA BE, OK,THEY WILL STILL

PRODUCE DIRTBIKES AFTER 2006,BUT THEY AREN'T GONNA BE

CHANGED, WHAT I MEAN IS, SAY YOU BUY A 2006 CR250,THEN

5YRS LATER A FRIEND BUYS A 2011 CR250,WELL THE ONLY

DIFFERANCE WILL BE BLD(BOLD NEW GRAPHICS) SO SINCE

2SMOKES WON'T BE GETTING ALL THE CREDIT,NOW WE WILL

HAVE SWEET LIGHTER THUMPERS,THAT WILL BE LIKE A

2SMOKE, ALSO, man races will be alot louder with all them thumpers.!!

Deathbringer
04-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Anytime you want... I am a dune freak and very rarely ride around here... but you can join me and my brother in law at the dunes anytime.

EricB
04-23-2002, 05:54 PM
sweet, i still have to get a bike. i have 2k cash to put down, hopefully i can finance the rest of it. i doubt it will be a problem.

Deathbringer
04-24-2002, 01:19 AM
You should..get it together by this weekend and come join us.

You have to talk to Pat down there and tell him (you know my name) sent you... he will take good care of you.
I just had dinner with the owners and they are really cool too, but know them good enough to make a call on that one.

Honda250XRacer
04-24-2002, 01:52 PM
i heard that they are going to stop making them in the 2005 or 2006 but you will still be able to ride them.....they want to ban them becuz they said thaey make to much pollution and we all know that BULLSH*IT !!! a bunch of BULLSH1T !!!!!!