PDA

View Full Version : Is this Normal?

Big400EX
12-21-2004, 09:51 PM
So tonight I went and got my friend on the Old Recon and we were riding the trails, and eventually came upon our flat track. And he was having fun while I was recouperating from the intense cold hitting my hands from driving. So I turn off the big flashlight and he turns off the headlights. (it's pretty cool when it snows, the moon reflects off the snow and makes it more visible at night.)

After he turned off the headlights I see something almost reflecting on the side of the engine and I was thinking to myself if those were his shoes, but then I realised that it was really my pipe, you know connected directly into the motor, not the exhaust pipe.

Anyway, I tell him to stop and we look at it and it is almost glowing orange and I was like, damn thats hott.

So we let it idle for like a minute or two without going anywhere and the glowing went down, but then I told him to go around again and it happened again, we came to the conclusion that it probably happens during the day too but since it isn't that intense you don't notice it.

So is this normal or what?:devil:

ny300exrider
12-22-2004, 05:13 AM
has he ever messed with the jetting because im pretty sure one sympton to a red hot pipe is jetted wrong.

chucked
12-22-2004, 06:23 AM
all bikes are jetted lean from the factory

represent618
12-22-2004, 07:40 AM
i have seen many 250f`s do that with the factory jetting.
prolly adjust your needle clip and will correct it a little.

Big400EX
12-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Alright thanks, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to give me headaches in the future.:)

Syrus
12-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Yes its normal i noticed my 250ex doing it at night in the winter a lot. Jetted lean, shouldnt hurt that bike tho.