PDA

View Full Version : quads vrs. dirt bikes

foxracingpredat
12-21-2004, 06:14 PM
i have a compare contrast essay due for school and i was wondering if you guys could help me out with some ideas on quads vrs. dirt bikes. tHANKS

nosliw
12-21-2004, 06:21 PM
hmmmm

quads- you can sleep on them if you need to
bikes- you cant

quads- donuts are fun and easy
bikes- require some skill and not as fun (least for me)

quads- stability in technical trail riding
bikes- not really fun for hard trails

and it's easier for a sexy lady to pose on a quad for a magazine shoot, would be pretty hard for her to lay on a stood up dirtbike

Dumontexrider
12-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
hmmmm

quads- you can sleep on them if you need to
bikes- you cant

quads- donuts are fun and easy
bikes- require some skill and not as fun (least for me)

quads- stability in technical trail riding
bikes- not really fun for hard trails

and it's easier for a sexy lady to pose on a quad for a magazine shoot, would be pretty hard for her to lay on a stood up dirtbike

your forgetting something important- powersliding, try doing that on a bike and youll be eatting sh|t

Mxjunkie
12-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dumontexrider
your forgetting something important- powersliding, try doing that on a bike and youll be eatting sh|t

its not impossivle, hard but you can do it..

Cole Trane
12-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Bikes are ready to do 150 foot jumps straight outta the box.

Quad is gonna cost ya little bit o money.

SRH
12-21-2004, 08:02 PM
i dont know about you guys but i can powerslide a bike so can the anyone who rides em.... and bikes are easy to ride tight technical trails with...i dunni i think so...

the main difference is the weight and cornering technique you do everything else basically the same, do to wheel size and having 4 it makes whoops more difficult and bike also have a better power to weight ratio

MotoX3
12-21-2004, 08:11 PM
ha...tight sections of trials and slides harder...havent you ever seen a guy go full speed around a huge sweeping corner on a bike WFO and almost lay it down...:devil:

the Z Man
12-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Bikes are faster than quads
Bikes can do more things than quads
Bikes sit all winter
Bikes fall down alot
3 bikes fit in the back of a pick-up
No bikes in my garage

Tommy 17
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
the riding styles are totaly differnt... bikes u control in the air by buddy language... quads the only real thing to do is hit the rear brake...

its just totaly differnt the way u ride the 2... nothing is hte same...

Mxjunkie
12-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Bikes sit all winter

heh depends on the owner, i must admit they are a little hard to handle on frozen ground :blah:

Scott-300ex
12-21-2004, 08:46 PM
i used to power slide and do donuts on my dirtbike and i was 12 and 13 when i had it.:devil:

SRH
12-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
the riding styles are totaly differnt... bikes u control in the air by buddy language... quads the only real thing to do is hit the rear brake...

its just totaly differnt the way u ride the 2... nothing is hte same...

i control my quad with body language i use same style for jumping etc on a bike and a quad, ive never used the rear brake my whole life, thats for cooters;)

400exrules
12-21-2004, 10:18 PM
bikes--------> twist = vroooom

quads-------> push thumb = vroooom

quads-nerf bars
bikes-cant have nerfs

quads-easier to wheelie (i guess?)

quads-most have headlights
bikes-few have lights

speedy400
12-21-2004, 10:45 PM
IMO technical stuff is a lot harder on bikes, esp. at slow speeds,
bikes- leaning the right angle while turning the handlebars the right angle, otherwise you fall.... or put your foot down.:rolleyes: .
quads-turn the handle bars, and at high speeds maybe lean.-darren

dn1911
12-21-2004, 11:25 PM
foxracingpredat you have a pm

86350x
12-22-2004, 01:08 AM
I like em both, my bike doesn't sit all winter. Quads work better for cruising trails, you gotta move on a bike (in sand, thats what we have here. In hardpack, a bike is just as easy to ride. A quad is alot less work in sand or snow. You have to spend a crap load more money on a quad if your tricking it out. Thats what I don't like about them.

Can't ride a quad on single track trails either. Why argue, I'll stick to both.

400exrules
12-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 86350x

Can't ride a quad on single track trails either. Why argue, I'll stick to both.

true!:macho

Out_Sider
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
well, if i had the money i would race both a quad and bike. dirtbikes are fun as hell, but with racing fee's costing so much and how much more traveling there is, im sticking to quads, but i'll be the first to tell anyone i feel alot faster on a bike, but quads just feel better to me, idk its weird.