PDA

View Full Version : my bike is going down

kruzofman
12-21-2004, 04:48 PM
well guys, iam having problems with my bike smoken, it puffs out blue smoke out the exhaust whenever i rev it, or whenever the bike is coming down from a rev...on deceleration. i dont get it, i mean could i have worn the rings out already, its a 04 model its bran new, i did not feel a power loss, i checked the dip stick to see if it had burned any oil and i did not see any loss of oil, so what do ya think:(

JR3
12-21-2004, 05:27 PM
jetting:confused:

kruzofman
12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
what jetting are you running?

speedy400
12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
well it dosnt take much to smoke, take in concideration that more snowmobiles use 3.2 OZ per 1 gallon of gas, they smoke quite a bit. Then again, are you positive its light blue smoke, not black smoke?? I accually thought my dad's raptor was burning oil, then I really looked at it, its black smoke( meens its running pretty rich, black, the color of carbon.good luck-darren

400exr
12-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
well it dosnt take much to smoke, take in concideration that more snowmobiles use 3.2 OZ per 1 gallon of gas, they smoke quite a bit. Then again, are you positive its light blue smoke, not black smoke?? I accually thought my dad's raptor was burning oil, then I really looked at it, its black smoke( meens its running pretty rich, black, the color of carbon.good luck-darren

:huh Dude he's talking about his 400, that's a fourstoke. Anyway, my 400 smoked like that for a while and I figured out that it was the jetting. So, I fiddled with that and it's fine now. I wouldn't worry about it, maybe just adjust your jeting.

ny300exrider
12-21-2004, 08:33 PM
what in the jetting would cause whitish smoke?? i have some smoke once and awhile when ridden in high rpms and have been looking into valve seals because it hasnt lost power and dont think its the rings. Havnt thought about my jetting, it could be off but i didnt think it would cause smoke

Out_Sider
12-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
what in the jetting would cause whitish smoke?? i have some smoke once and awhile when ridden in high rpms and have been looking into valve seals because it hasnt lost power and dont think its the rings. Havnt thought about my jetting, it could be off but i didnt think it would cause smoke

that sounds lean to me, and the other guys sounds rich

speedy400
12-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exr
:huh Dude he's talking about his 400, that's a fourstoke. Anyway, my 400 smoked like that for a while and I figured out that it was the jetting. So, I fiddled with that and it's fine now. I wouldn't worry about it, maybe just adjust your jeting.
Yeah I know, I was referring to the 2-stroke motor because how a 2-stroke motor smokes a lot, yet they dont use much oil, he said he didnt notice much loss/if any of oil.. I'm saying it dosnt take much to make blue smoke.-darren

white smoke-condencation in your pipe/motor/intake
blue smoke-burnt oil
black smoke- carbon build up(rich jetting)
if jetted properly a 4-stroke should burn clean clear fumes

400exr
12-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Don't worry about it man, I knew you knew better! I was just giving you a hard time!!! lol :cool:

ny300exrider
12-22-2004, 05:03 AM
hmm its actually very possible im lean, would that be causing some smoke on high rpms? im running a 155 main with a slip on and airlid on. maybe i should go up to a 158 or 160?? if anyone can comfirm that being lean will do this thatd be great, i already got bigger jets and that would sure save me some money!

ny300exrider
12-22-2004, 03:51 PM
bumpp

Chino
12-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
bumpp

It's trial and error man, put em in, see how it runs then, it's hard for someone to tell you the exact jetting you should be running considering none of us are @ the same elevation. only thing you can do is play with it till you get it right.

ny300exrider
12-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Yea, i completly understand what your saying. i was just asking in general, could being lean cause some smoke once and awhile on high rpms. Im gonna put the bigger main in and mess with it alittle to see but before i do i just want to make sure its worth trying

kruzofman
12-22-2004, 07:07 PM
well it looks more like blue smoke to me, but not sure it definately has not lossed any power, or shore dont feel like it, from looking at the dip stick it does not look like it burnt any oil.
iam running 42 pilot and a 155 main does that sound close to what you guys are running....

ny300exrider
12-22-2004, 07:27 PM
dude thats exacttly what im running. 155 main with hmf slip on and im getting blueish whitish smoke on high revs. either we are lean or its a coincidence and we both need valve seals or something. im going to up the main tommorow and ill see what happens

kruzofman
12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
well, tell me what happens if it goes away because its kind of annoying