PDA

View Full Version : Hard Shifting

maynard22
12-21-2004, 01:15 PM
OK here is the deal sometimes i have a hard time getting the bike to go into neutral and sometimes when i am just sitting there and i am trying to shift the bike through the gears it is hard to do, and sometimes when i am riding it is hard to shift the gears. what is the problem? And with your ideas of what the problem might be, what do you think it will cost to fix it. Before i go tearing the bike apart is there any adjusting that can easily be done?

frosti108
12-21-2004, 01:40 PM
next time your changing out your clutch discs, take out the basket and file down each side of each little arm thing that go around the discs. after a while, the basket gets notches in it, and if you file down those notches, it works like new again :)

mojoe2878
12-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by frosti108
next time your changing out your clutch discs, take out the basket and file down each side of each little arm thing that go around the discs. after a while, the basket gets notches in it, and if you file down those notches, it works like new again :)
^^^yup. i had the same problem and after i filed down the grooves in the clutch basket it was fixed. those grooves hold your discs and dont let them free up all the way when the clutch is pulled in and makes it hard to shift and hard to get into nuetral.