PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new one

04-23-2002, 07:21 AM
yesterday I was out playin around on the 416,,and was practicing my wheelie riding skills for the nationals..:huh anywho,,,I was goin up a small incline shifting from 2nd to 3rd while in a wheelie,,well the grab bar hit and I pretty much fell off the back of the thing,,pretty funny If you could see it I'm sure...but the quad stopped and was standing up on the grab bar,,no biggy,,pushed it on it's wheels fired it up and took off. WHen I got home I turned the key and the motor kept running,,I removed the key and put it in my pocket,,motor is still running:confused: Only way to kill the motor is with the run/off switch,,which isn't a big deal,,but what made the key switch not work?? It has to have the key in to start but not to stop,,,is this weird or what?? Guess I need ta stay with jumping and MX,,,,let the pro's handle the wheelies cuz there too hard on my quad.:eek:

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 07:42 AM
Did you mess up the nice powder job on your subframe????

04-23-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Did you mess up the nice powder job on your subframe????

Nope I was in the grass thank goodness,,but I did loose my number plate that was on the back,,gonna look fer it after work today I guess..

Live2Ride300
04-23-2002, 08:12 AM
This same thing happened to my 87' (Suzuki) Quadsport 230, but it was a little different because i couldnt stop the motor with the key and I could start it without the key, i looked over all the wiring and found one of the wires wasnt connected, if i remember right, it could have been the wire came out, but, you might want to look over your wiring. Wiring is a *****! Hope i helped a lil, later

Charlie

knighttime
04-23-2002, 08:20 AM
Yeah some wire had to come loose. I'd maybe check around the battery. :confused:

Live2Ride300
04-23-2002, 08:43 AM
It might be something loose around the battery, but I'd deffinatley check the 2 wires that come out of the key switch thing.

400exJOE
04-23-2002, 03:09 PM
I had the same exact thing happen to me after I put the front plastic on one time. its just one of the wires under the lights. Make sure they r all plugged in. I was probably loose and just came undone.

Tommy 17
04-23-2002, 03:10 PM
i noticed its harder to ride a wheelie now with my motor work but i am figuring it out... i notice that the motor revs to fast now and wants to set down unlike stock u could go forever...

rico i think u were just drunk and thought the key was in there;) :D

bigbadbrad
04-23-2002, 08:20 PM
same thing happens on my 300. in a way it is good though because if someone wants to take it for a ride just take the key out and if they stall at the begining u can tell they dont no how to ride and dont let them ride. sorry if this is confusing i am kinda tired and not thinking right.:D :huh

DEAL
04-23-2002, 08:28 PM
hmm the same thing happend to a guys 86 moto 4 200 that i used to ride with , it got worse and eventually he could start it without the key. I think that bike had serious wiring problems though. If it really bothers you just buy a new igntion i think they're only like $20-30.

mopar 400
04-24-2002, 01:46 AM
Come on Rico... You are the man that ussualy has all the answers. J/k
Definitly check your wiring under the front plastics, that is the only thing I can think came loose...:)

04-24-2002, 07:03 AM
I found the problem.....It's about 65 lbs,,black,,4 legs, goes by the name Rico Jr. and it loves ta chew on the 416,,,yes that's right my dang black lab done chewed up the friggen wires in the front,,,I kept lookin at the wires in the back never looked up front,,so when I got home yesterday I seen little pieces of wire and the connectors in his dog bed,,,THAT IS WHEN THE BEATINGS BEGAN.:eek: It'll be easy to fix and I'm glad I found the problem,,,all's good on this end.

I did fix a few exhaust leaks I had on the bills thunder pipe and also took out the spark arrestor,,,,man has that thing got a bark to it now,,,A lot louder than the powercore IV,,thats for sure..

DEAL
04-24-2002, 07:24 AM
Haha sounds like your dog likes your quad as much as you do;)

400exJOE
04-24-2002, 02:38 PM
My dog ate my home work, my dog ate my electrical system on my quad...excuses excuses! lol. I told you it was the wires, but I never would have guessed that!:D

Tommy 17
04-24-2002, 06:46 PM
GOOD DOG!!!!!!! haha rico give him a big bone for me:D j.k