PDA

View Full Version : Installing BattleField 1942

Chanman420q
12-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok.... ive tried installing this game 3 times now and everything goes smoothly until i wanna play it. When i click the program i get a box come up that says " D3D8.dll is linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:unlockcb" whats the deal? i bought my self a christmas present an the **** dont even work:mad:

monoman71
12-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Looks like a DirectX error. You may want to try reinstalling DirectX 9. You may have to uninstall DirectX first though. You can do that using DirectX Happy Uninstall from:

http://www.superfoxs.com/index.htm

JTRtrx250r
12-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Did you get the gamepack? my buddy got it w/ all 3 disks and hes had no luck w/ it either, try updating the patches, I know theres been a few, but Im way to computer stupid to be of any other help:o :( might be the vid card

I play it online a chitload so if ya get it hooked up...let me know

good luck w/ it

Chanman420q
12-21-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Did you get the gamepack? my buddy got it w/ all 3 disks and hes had no luck w/ it either, try updating the patches, I know theres been a few, but Im way to computer stupid to be of any other help:o :( might be the vid card

I play it online a chitload so if ya get it hooked up...let me know

good luck w/ it

how do i play online? i hope its not gamespy, ive never liked that format.

also i reinstalled direct X 8.1 like 5 times with no luck. This game is pissn me off. waste of friggin 20 dollars

GAME OF THE YEAR 2002 MY ***:mad: :mad:

JTRtrx250r
12-21-2004, 12:52 AM
well it sounds like you gotta get some chit figured out first, dont get peeved yet...b/c its a kick *** game once ya get used to it

and I think gamespy is where I got most of my patches, I know its a PITA, try going to BF42.com , theres a few sites actually..

just hit multiplayer instead to play online, but I have a major feeling you need to update the patches, you can DL the Desert Conbat patch, its modern weapons, since that last .7patch...I cant play DC b/c of my chitty vid card

all I know is I had about 6 patches to do,seems like everytime I update its only good a few months, then they fix bugs etc..and make you have to update b/c most servers require it

Dont give up yet man:D

SGA...where are ya man?

Chanman420q
12-21-2004, 12:57 AM
i should beable to play the game AS IS from the factory. I want to actually get the game to work before im downloading patches

JTRtrx250r
12-21-2004, 01:08 AM
well like I said...my pal bought the game a few months ago and has never been able to play it either , but he hasnt looked to update at all...just griped haha

his looks all blocky, cant tell the diffrence from the buildings to the trees...but hes running some onboard vid setup or something

When I bought mine...it was just BF42(1 disk) and I had to type in the code and it played from then on, but I still had to update the patches to play online, then I bought the expansion Road To Rome and type in its code, now you can buy it all in a set w/ Secret Weapons(3rd disk) too, seems like since it became a "set"...ppl have been having probs, I think I read about it on 1 of the BF42 sites in a trouble-shoot forum..

Wish I could help ya dude:ermm:

sickmojave
12-21-2004, 03:25 AM
I am a squad leader at BAAWORLD.org and my guys play this alot. if you go to our site I'm sure someone on the team can help you. just tell them Tuna sent you.;)

ACHI
12-21-2004, 08:23 AM
I would try updating your video drivers. I have had numerous games do this and updating the driver usually works.

JTRtrx250r
12-21-2004, 03:27 PM
I gotta agree w/ ACHI on the drivers

If ya get it hooked up, Im "MOTO-X" online, just hold still so I can kill ya:D :p , j/p

Maybe after the bugs get worked out...we should all get on a server and play!

trick450r
12-21-2004, 03:52 PM
hey JTR...

My sisters bf built us a kick *** computer and installed the entire battlefield 1942 set..anyway i used to play it like evryday now it doesn't work for some reason it just restarts the computer when i get into it?

JTRtrx250r
12-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
hey JTR...

My sisters bf built us a kick *** computer and installed the entire battlefield 1942 set..anyway i used to play it like evryday now it doesn't work for some reason it just restarts the computer when i get into it? if it restarts while trying to play online...then its a patch prob, all the servers update almost immediatly, it does the same thing to me if I try and play DC, just shuts me out back to my desktop

Try updating the patch and see if that helps

Im still playing on .6

Chanman420q
12-21-2004, 07:09 PM
the game wont even start for me:( this is what happends when i try to load the game......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/pb25b80bd0f20026ff39d2b3f67c060dd/f5d39be8.jpg