PDA

View Full Version : major clutch problems please help

frankthetank
12-20-2004, 11:29 PM
ok so here is the deal, i have an 89 trx 250r. im new to this sight , but no stranger to my quad. have a major problem with my clutch. all started when the adjustments on the handle ars were all the way out and also the lower adjustment spot and the farthest spot i could get to grab was way too close to the handle bar... first step new cable...no help then new clutch kit , fibers steels and spring.... no help. i called duncan racing and curtis sparks, they both seemed to agree that the next step should be to replace the inner hub and the preassure plate... so of course i listened to them, replaced them tonight ..... no help.... i could shoot some one right now. the basket is hensen and the only thing that i havnt replaced is the accuator arm and the shaft. what the faulk has anyone had any of these problems?????? helllllppppp :cuss:

DirtDevilBT
12-21-2004, 07:15 PM
Holly hell, mine as will replace the lever and shaft.

12blaster34
12-22-2004, 10:43 AM
so whats the matter with it. you just said that you were replacing everything but you didnt say what the problem was. is it locking up, hard to pullin?

dork
12-24-2004, 11:56 PM
the clutch pushrod inside the mainshaft is probably sticking. my buddies 85 atc 250r had this happen, this one didn't have the pushrod update kit. it wore grooves into the case at the clutch arm from being loose so long and the debris built up at that point and wouldn't let the pushrod fit back in the case against the arm. it sounds weird but that may be what happened. pull the pressure plate and take out the pushrod. then put it back in and see if it goes all the way back against the clutch arm.

Rich250RRacer
12-25-2004, 10:35 AM
What clutch cable are you using? If it's a stock Honda, it's more than likely too long. This started about 7 or 8 years ago when they superseded from the original part number to the current number. If the cable you have is part number 22870-kr0-000, this is the new (too long) cable. Try a Motion Pro cable, they make their cable the same length as the original 22870-hb9-000 cable which should eliminate any problem.