PDA

View Full Version : Garage floor epoxy covering

meangreen400ex
12-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey Has anyone ever used an epoxy to coat a garage floor. I'm looking into doing this to my garage and was wondering what brand you used and how its holding up and looks.

enduro400rider
12-20-2004, 07:41 PM
my dad did that to our garage it got sum kind guarenteed to work and not come off not sure what brand but it looked great for about 2 or 3 months and it started getting faded and peices started comin off. if i were you i wouldnt do it cuz then you gotta paint it all the time

copter
12-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Try this stuff before you waste a lot of time re-painting every week
Armstong Flooring VCT (http://www.armstrong.com/commflooringna/browse_productcat_dtl.jsp?category=vct)

Here's mine:
http://img156.exs.cx/img156/8743/dsc006659ja.jpg
And the neighbor's old garage:
http://img156.exs.cx/img156/9584/bikecheckers23uc.jpg

TDBRPH
12-20-2004, 08:48 PM
how does it hold up to water and slush in the winter I assume the water goes through the seams?

Butters
12-20-2004, 09:06 PM
i don't remember what its called but the stuff we have on our shop floor can bead up gas. its some chemcal stuff thats supposed to protect agains acid and stuff. wouldn't recommend it thought cause it burns real easy like if your welding and it chips fairly easy. i would just recommend just getting a gray outdoor paint or something cause there is no sense in spending a lot of money on something to get chipped.

mikeman828
12-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Whatever you decide, don't go with the rustoleum stuff they sell at Home Depot!!!

I spent a whole weekend cleaning out the garage, cleaning the floor with acid they supply and painting the epoxy/sealer on. Within a couple of weeks it started peeling up!!!!! It kept peeling up in more and more places so I contacted Rustoleum. Good thing was they refunded my money.....

Too bad because I liked they way it looked when I was done, looks like crap now though!!

Just my .02

meangreen400ex
12-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Do you have alot of moisture in your concrete b/c if you do the stuff won't stick

awsomeaussies
12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Has anyone heard of moto floor? Costco sells it on there website. They come in like 12" X 12" squares and they look like plastic tiles. You can get them in all colors and make designs on your floor. The only down side is the price. Anyway I've seen some real cool designs people have made, and it's suppost to hold up real good.

Butters
12-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
Has anyone heard of moto floor? Costco sells it on there website. They come in like 12" X 12" squares and they look like plastic tiles. You can get them in all colors and make designs on your floor. The only down side is the price. Anyway I've seen some real cool designs people have made, and it's suppost to hold up real good.

i have heard of somthing similar to this. i think i saw it on a tv show or something. it looked really nice and professional.

EPDP99
12-21-2004, 10:40 PM
my buddy has it in his garage and it has lasted years with no problems but someone mentioned above the moisture will come up and peel it if its not fully cured. once a month they sweep it and spray it and have never had any problems. gas, oil, antifreeze, gear oil, brake fluid you name it and it hasnt ruined it at all.