PDA

View Full Version : Shock Problems

Blackguywithouta400
04-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Well today I took my Works shocks apart to clean them and such just do some preventative maintenance on them before I put them on the quad on Saturday. When I took off the springs I noticed that I could push one shock down easier then the other. The one shock that was harder also had a faster rebound. What could this be? I was thinking they were once revalved and such but maybe they didn’t put enough Nitrogen in them or something I was wondering if there was a test I could have done to see if that’s the case. Any one know how much in PSI or something there is supposed to be? JEFF? MARTY?:confused:

04-23-2002, 12:02 AM
I think they should be set up the same. you should get them fixed ASAP as it will handle weird if the rebound and compression is not the same left to right.

This is assumeing that your right in how they compress etc.

DiceMan400
04-24-2002, 03:40 AM
Hey Blackguy,
One of your shocks has less nitrogen than the other...... The PSI depends on your weight or what you prefer...... I am 190lbs and I have 250 PSI in each shock....... Go to a performace shop or somewhere they do mods and get your nitrogen pumped up.....
Gregg

Blackguywithouta400
04-24-2002, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info diceman i was on hold at works yesterday for 45min for them to tell me how to determine the amount of psi to put in my shocks it was right at 250 psi too, im haveing my sponcer do it for me today. Thanks for the info.

400exRacerX
04-24-2002, 01:34 PM
I got mine valved for +2 a arms, 180lb rider, amd motocross and mine have 250PSI per shock.