PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever run from the cops on ur Quad

enduro400rider
12-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Any of you guys ever been ridin ware you arnt supossed to be ridin like down the road any had to run from the cops. a couple of my freinds got busted cuz one kid stoped while the others ran he gave a the names the little snitch. luckly they just yelled at them and next time all the bikes would be impounded.

JR3
12-20-2004, 05:18 PM
o yea man all the time with no helmet and a case of beer in my lap :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
12-20-2004, 05:18 PM
You know what's even better? If you don't break the law, and if you don't ride in places where it is prohibited, they don't even chase you! You won't need to outrun them!

Syrus
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Yup i lived in the country, and to get certain places you have to use the road, so the cops chased me a few times, but i just cut into a trail and then they cant fallow much longer :devil: But the cop the chased me all the time was friends of the family, so if i did stop he would of just let me go anyways.

And yes i know were not supost to ride on the road, but in this area everyone does it, we just do it safly.

ny300exrider
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
running from the cops is wack, it gives the sport a bad name but i will be honest, i had to deal with it today when i was riding in the snow. got chased by a state trooper and its not fun. wish i couldve stopped but i dont want a 500 doller ticket and impounded quad

Scott-300ex
12-20-2004, 05:23 PM
you want to read some stories, do a search, i've read like 12 page threads on this stuff and new threads posted every week, back in 2002

go check it out, it'll surprise ya, and you'll hear some good ones.

enduro400rider
12-20-2004, 05:25 PM
i m not sayin its right to run from the cops or anything but most of us dont want our quads impounded and get a expecive ticket i live out in the country and you almost always gotta go down the road a little bit to get to the trails. I almost always ride ware im aloud except on the road to get to the trails. i just thought it was lame the that kid told on everyone and got them in alot of trouble wit there parents.

mudslingingurl9
12-20-2004, 05:35 PM
totally regret it ever happenin but i have when i wuz like 13, i had had my quad for only a month n wuz ridin on farmland that we thought we had permission to ride on. It connected to sum different trails n stuff. We had been ridin on this gravel/dirt rode and this reg car pulls out in front of us on it when we were goin about 50 mph, had to swerve to miss the person, we figured she wuz prolly the one who called the cops on us. At the end i wuz waitin up for my buddy, we talked for a sec sittin there, then this big crown victoria appears out of nowhere and pulls up right behind us. He took off, and me being younger and stupid i gunned it and took off behind him. This cop followed us through the trails and up and down hills, we eventually stopped cuz we realized wut we were actually doin. Apparently he had his sirens on and everythin. 4 more cops showed up a few minutes later after he had dispatched to them when we first ran. I was sooo scared. Thankfully after the cop talked to us he told us that this time it wuz a warning.

Later that night after i told my parents about wut happened, my dad called up the local police station to talk to them n apologize or sumthin....one thing that the cop said wuz that he thought i was cool, was that he thought i was an adult on that thing the way i took off doin a big wheelie haha:blah:

I can't believe i ever did that, every time i think about it i realize how dumb i wuz for doin it, n it definitely won't happen again....

2002400ex
12-20-2004, 05:54 PM
We get pulled over pretty much every time we ride. U have to ride down the road to get to riding spots. They always tell us how many tickets we can get and to get off the road. The cops are pretty kool though.
2 summers ago, some of my friends were running from the cops and one was on a bear tracker and got boxed in by the cops and they pulled guns on him. he went to court and since they pulled a gun on him, they only put him on probation and gave him a 200 dollar fine.

ZQ8Dude
12-20-2004, 05:54 PM
luckly ive never had to aside from some dumb ranger B&C'n about us riding doubled up(on utilities)

never really got in any trouble since he had no room to argue when he never gave out tickets to the POS's in the area who let their dogs run wild all year long(even though the place has strict leash laws)

plus riding on the roads is legal there at 15mph. i cant wait to take the EX there this winter

Tantal
12-20-2004, 05:58 PM
ALL of the fun pits (one of which is just insane, never seen a place like it before in my life) in my area that we ride are sometimes patrolled by LE as the yuppies *****ed about the "noise" so now no one can ride at these spots. So, YES, if it comes down to it, I will run and save the $150 bucks.

I love freeride, natural jumps, etc., I'll never stop riding at these areas.

When I really think about it, I don't think that I know of anyone that rides that doesn't ride on "forbidden" land.

mudslingingurl9
12-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by ZQ8Dude
luckly ive never had to aside from some dumb ranger B&C'n about us riding doubled up(on utilities)

never really got in any trouble since he had no room to argue when he never gave out tickets to the POS's in the area who let their dogs run wild all year long(even though the place has strict leash laws)

plus riding on the roads is legal there at 15mph. i cant wait to take the EX there this winter

where is "there"? jw

ZQ8Dude
12-20-2004, 06:05 PM
if you go to the sierras from where i am there is a kingsvale exit

its like a little area of paved roads leading the various cabins(close to 30 of them by now) along with trails virtually everywhere

so they just let people ride, im sure theres probably some insane decible limit, but you cant beat it for trail riding any time of the year. snow, mud, hills, rocks, stream crossings...you name it

Dumontexrider
12-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Ive ran from the cops countless times. The stupid popos out here all have sticks up their *****es. Most of the times ive ran where out at desert parties when weve been drinking or when my stupid community calls the cops on us for riding inside. One time we where out sitting on our quads in the detention basis and a cop drives up and parks behind us and gets out, so we floor it out of there and either me or my friend roosted a rock and crack his windshield.

TheFontMaster
12-20-2004, 06:17 PM
The cops up here are ok most of the time. However I will never stop for a DEC (Department of Environmental Conservation). They will impound your quad and give you as many tickets as humanly posible. If they take my quad I am giving them a run for it.

ZQ8Dude
12-20-2004, 06:20 PM
sheesh, if they tried to take my quad, id beat them with a large hippy stick until they dropped the keys.

Dumontexrider
12-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
The cops up here are ok most of the time. However I will never stop for a DEC (Department of Environmental Conservation). They will impound your quad and give you as many tickets as humanly posible. If they take my quad I am giving them a run for it.

Damn Treehuggers need to go jump off a balcony

Mxjunkie
12-20-2004, 06:43 PM
ah gotta love the ones who give the sport a bad name! :rolleyes:

now d.e.c i will run from, but im not going to ride on the roads and run from cops its so stupid

theTman
12-20-2004, 06:47 PM
my dads a cop

TGW_400ex
12-20-2004, 06:56 PM
I will run if i think i have a good chance of getting away;)

throwinitup
12-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
Any of you guys ever been ridin ware you arnt supossed to be ridin like down the road any had to run from the cops. a couple of my freinds got busted cuz one kid stoped while the others ran he gave a the names the little snitch. luckly they just yelled at them and next time all the bikes would be impounded.

hey man, exactly where at do you live? im from canton...

chucked
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
all the laws and regulations around here are b/s. Its cheaper to get a 500 ticket once a month then it is to get the tag, register and all the other b/s. A friend of mine's father trains county police, he just bought a prarie and asked me if I could take him out riding, I said "you know its illegal right?" he says "so?"

n00b on a 400ex
12-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Dumontexrider
Damn Treehuggers need to go jump off a balcony

is DEC really that bad? if it was i guess id just slug em in the nose and take off with their keys

12-20-2004, 07:56 PM
When the cops used to chace me, id play with em a lil by going down more street than i had to, then id duck into the woods and theyd never see me again!

ny300exrider
12-20-2004, 08:02 PM
dec are bad. the local police are cool guys and will always stop but if theres a dec its more than likely time to get out of there, although i encountered a really nice dec guy. they really focus on registrations but theres always the occasional mean guy. kids around here ruin it for us though they tihnk they own the town and ride the roads and mess with the cops, and it just gets them pissed at everyone else

TheFontMaster
12-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
is DEC really that bad? if it was i guess id just slug em in the nose and take off with their keys

One of my friends stoped for a DEC officer once. The DEC officer was nice and only gave him one ticket. He could have gotten 8 plus tickets, and the quad impounded. And get this one of the tickets would have been for not wearing a seat belt. That is how anal the DEC is around here.

ny300exrider
12-20-2004, 08:29 PM
my friend was riding his quad in a feild with his mechanic to find out what was wrong with his quad and the battery died, they were pushing the quad back home(less than 1/4mile away) and a dec/park ranger pulled up. they both got tickets for tresspassing on state land, my friend got operating vehicle under age, upstruction of licensce plate(was about to fall off so he was keeping it in the airbox) and something else too. all of that and they werent even riding it. came out to be like 50 bucks but it was funny

2002400ex
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Who is DEC. i dont guess they are around here.

hondarider2006
12-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Yes:cool:

Zwanter
12-20-2004, 10:03 PM
cops around here have made me hate cops. seriously they just ride around the roads here looking for someone to chase.

an example of how bad they are: im gonna try and make this short cause its a long story. this guy my friends dad knows somehow is bad on drugs and this other guy that lives close to them is some sort of dealer. anyways he told my friend he was gonna kill the guy and ended up a couple days later fighting in his front yard. his dad called the cops and they didnt show up for 2hrs. they got there and he said "yall just go back home you bunch of idiots, they already left. if there had been a 4wheeler out here yall would have been here in 10 minutes" and whats sad is thats the honest truth. if someone calls on you, you can bet they will be out there quick as they can.

markk
12-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I have ran, and i dont really like to do it, just because if give QUADS a bad rep. But if your gona run, make sure that everyone your riding with is going to run with u, or ur all gona stop. In the county where i live, the sherif was talkin to us one day, and said its like P*ssing in the Wind trying to catch a 4-wheeler, or dirt bike, But they just want them to stop, and then they will just tell u to ride the ditches, or feilds just stay off the main roads.

Best bet is to just ride in designated (sp) areas, even though i dont do it all the time. Just be carful,

p.s. if u wreck on the road, or hit a car, It YOUR fault. Quads are for off road use only!

Punk'd
12-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Iv ran a couple times back in my dad on my big and bad honda 50 my and some of my friends had a couple people we used to always ride around the place with (we live kinda in the city) not like a real city but with neighborhoods and stuff. Anyway we used to make a lil track in the multch at this school in the summer (no 1 used it anyway so we decided what that heck) so we were ridin our lil track with the 50s and across the grand ol 4 lane road we see this cop car well it turns its sirens n lights on and iv never been so scared in my life so we took off cuttin threw backyards and stuff and when we got home i didnt ride for the rest of the day lol i think the saying is "young and stupid" but you have to admit it gets your adrenaline (sp) pumping:D

JOEX
12-21-2004, 12:51 AM
It's been awhile since this topic came up. Still the same story though.....

"damn cops wont let me do anything illegal":rolleyes: