PDA

View Full Version : 416EX engines

400EXdude
12-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey, i was looking at getting a 416cc kit for my 2004 400EX. And i was just wondering what is the best kit for the money....or for performance...on my 400EX the only performance mod i have is a white brothers E series slip on and i was thinking about gettin a head pipe along with it....so any suggestions on a headpipe that would fit or one with good performance would be helpful to. And i want to still be able to run normal pump gas through it...

And is there anything else i should buy for it that is fairly cheap but will give it some more performance..?

DaleJrFan
12-20-2004, 01:57 PM
get the basic stuff first: k&n air filter, mod your air box lid or just take it off, jet the carb for your riding style, a head pipe that matches your slip-on would be awesome. weisco makes a great piston, while you got your head off you can do a hotcam. depending on your budget, you can port and polish your head but you need to get a bigger carb. with all the above mods, you can still run pump gas(at least 91 octane). good luck!!

Rico
12-20-2004, 02:08 PM
how much do you want to spend??? Give a round number for us to work with on suggestions.

knighttime
12-20-2004, 02:13 PM
may help ya out somewhat. The parts cost me about $200-$250 with the cylinder honing i think? :confused: My setup gives ya somethin that blows away a stock 400ex, but you can still run reg gas (i use 93octane). I know you will need viton valve seals.:scary:

400EXdude
12-20-2004, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE][Originally posted by Rico
how much do you want to spend??? Give a round number for us to work with on suggestions.

well i was gonna spend however much the big bore kit was and i was thinkin about spendin 200-300 dollars on the extra stuff...if that helps at all

Aarron
12-20-2004, 05:06 PM
I have a brand new Weisco 416 high compression piston set and a Cometic top-end gasket set for sale if interested. I purchased on E-bay from the sledpartsguy. You may have seen his ID if your ever on E-bay. I was going to bore my 400EX, and i have changed my mind..i may trade for 450R.

I paid $109 for the piston kit and $25 for the gasket set. You can look on e-bay yourself for verification. I will sell all this for $130 and ship to you for free if interested. Let me know if interested.

I have pictures i can send to you if your interested. Have you used e-bay before?

e-mail if interested

marshall@gcctv.com

Aarron

Rico
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 400EXdude
[QUOTE][Originally posted by Rico

well i was gonna spend however much the big bore kit was and i was thinkin about spendin 200-300 dollars on the extra stuff...if that helps at all

You plan on doing it yourself.??

400EXdude
12-20-2004, 05:59 PM
No, i was planning on having the dealership that i bought it from do it...and then install the jet kit for me....my dad could do it but i jsut assume that the dealership do it...

400EXdude
12-20-2004, 06:02 PM
you guys never really gave me any info on the best 416 kit there is out there...but you have helped alot with my other question...

also...are maxxis I-razrs worth buying....if you've ever seen them or ran them on your quad....im gonna buy the tire and rim package...i like the black rims...:)

Aarron
12-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Guys,

Let me know if anyone is interested in buying the piston kit and Cometic gasket kit. I also have stock 400EX rims i want to sell for cheap. I have pics of everything.

I come down $10 on the piston & Cometic gasket kit...everything is brand new.

THanks.

marshall@gcctv.com

Aarron

Plante400
12-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Solution- Buy a Wiseco 440 kit :) should run you about... around 200, i dont remember hwo much mine was, but it has been dependable. And if you are used to riding through water, dont go taking your air cover off too fast haha

and buy shredders for your tires.. they work everywhere:)

JD400exrider
12-20-2004, 10:41 PM
What is the Best Kit ? I don't know what the best kit is. I can tell you mine has been very reliable and gives nice power gains for not a ton of money

JE 10-8.1 piston
HRC cam (Honda Racing Corp.) Drop In cam
New valve seals
OEM Gasket kit.
I replaced the timing chain at the time along with stiffer clutch springs.

Allot of people on here run the JE or Ross piston. The ross is a little lighter than the JE Both work fine. Never ran a wiseco piston. Could not tell you much on those.

As far as the carb. You do not need to get a bigger carb. The FCR does make a nice power gain. The 416 will run fine with the stocker. You can also get the stock carb bored out and worked for cheaper than the FCR if you choose.

Talk to colby at C&D racing. He can set you up Good Prices and Good Service.

400EXdude
12-21-2004, 03:15 PM
i dont want a 440 kit...i heard there unreiable and i still wanna keep it pretty much as reliable as possible

thanks for the info though...

any other info on the I-razr's?

chad502ex
12-22-2004, 06:23 AM
my opinion is that the 416 kit is the best kit without doing any bottom end work (aka stroking) for the money. To me, the 416 kit produces roughly the same hp as the 440 with faster revs. The 440 is an awesome kit but the added weight makes it a slower rev'r compared to 416. Obviously, the 440 has more displacement which helps on the torque but not hp. Try not to confuse more torque from having more power

416 all the way!