PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pours out the overflow hoses? - FCR Help needed

NacsMXer
12-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi, i've been wanting to change the oil on my quad so I go out to warm it up and it runs fine for about 2 minutes and then suddenly dies. The quad absolutely would'nt start if I had the petcock set to the ON position since there wasn't much fuel left in the tank. So I turned the petcock to RESERVE and it fired right up until it died. Then I noticed fuel uncontrollably spilling out the overflow hoses on my FCR 39 - obviously the reason it died and would'nt refire.
It's about 30 degrees here right now so I am wondering if I have this problem because the float valve is sticking? If I wait till it gets warm again would the float possibly unstick itself? This has never happened before so I am just wondering if its the cold temperatures. Thank you very much.

mojoe2878
12-20-2004, 02:34 PM
sounds like the float is stuck in the down position.
when it warms up out it will still remain stuck more than likely.
the float should move freely wether its cold or not.
try taking the handle of a screw driver and tapping on the float bowl some and it may knock the float loose, if not then remove the bowl and unstick the float by hand, you may want to go ahead and clean the float pin and float needle if its dirty while the bowl is removed.
if you have to remove the bowl to unstick it, its no big deal, should only take about and hour to do it all and be riding again.

Ketch
12-20-2004, 11:48 PM
I went throght that not to long ago. Clean your float needle an look for
woreout or damage. And look at your seat too it's removeable too. And then set your float height too 9mm. Jimmy