PDA

View Full Version : 400ex starting?

Lando
12-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Im contemplating on getting an 05' model, but im in the middle of heavy research at this time. Can some of you that own an 05 or even the earlier year model please comment on the starting.

What I specifically want to know is if the 400ex's are like the 300ex which I currently have, and they are notorious for hard starting unless already warmed up?

So tell me are the 400's sluggish to get started like the 300ex is? Thanks.

ckasper18
12-20-2004, 01:22 PM
As lomg as it has the stock rev box on it and the slow jet bumped up one size in the fridged cold it will start with no problems.I found whith a white bros rev box they wont start in cold weather.But all i had to do was change the rev box back to stock anfd it started everytime.Big Gun claimes that there rev box starts in cold weather with no problems.I beilieve the stock slow jet is a 38 and if i remember right i bumped up to a 42.I never had a problem starting my 300ex no matter how cold it was but the 400 was a little more trouble but its a honda it always starts.......Chris

TRAIL
12-20-2004, 02:35 PM
yup, just change the pilot jet to a 42 and she will fire up. i have done this on my old 2002 and my new 05