PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, think I found something I shouldn't have

big_poppa49
12-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Well, im here by myself, playing on the internet. All of the sudden I hear the UPS man pull up. Brings me a white box (now im not expecting anything in the mail) read the top and it says Klotz Performance on it. I snuck in the kitchen and carefully opened it and its a seat cover for my 400ex. I know I ruined the suprise but after I read it I already knew what it was, I just wanted to see it!! Bad thing is I wish I didnt know, I like suprises. ANYWAY, I have a question now. I noticed that it is the shiny plastic kind with the gripper top. OK, I read on here where somebody (alot of people actually) said that they crack in the winter. Well I know its common since (sp?) to not put it on now during the winter and just wait until it warms up. But how hard is it to be taking it off and putting it back on for the winter season? Will it get messed up after a while by putting it on, taking it off??

BTW, im pretty sure my g/f is getting me the matching Klotz graphics kit :D

Scott-300ex
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
its sense

lmao

and thats cool you got it, i think puttin it on and off means you have to staple it so if you take it off it will get ripped off and evenually have nothing left to staple to cause it will all be ripped, i'd just keep it in the garage and it should be fine

knowhaim sayin

big_poppa49
12-20-2004, 10:57 AM
lol, however you spell it. I aint got my spell checker installed yet...

Guy400
12-20-2004, 11:03 AM
The easiest thing would be to buy a complete new seat and just swap them in the winter. They're only $57 from servicehonda.com.

Syrus
12-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
The easiest thing would be to buy a complete new seat and just swap them in the winter. They're only $57 from servicehonda.com.

Id do that or just keep the ceet cover still it warms up, i wouldnt take the chance of cracking it !

EXRIDER400KFX
12-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
just keep the ceet cover still it warms up, i wouldnt take the chance of cracking it !

and then what happens when it gets cold again?:huh

brian-250
12-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by EXRIDER400KFX
and then what happens when it gets cold again?:huh :rolleyes:

Tommy 17
12-20-2004, 01:37 PM
buy another stock honda seat like guy said... thats what i do switch the 2 seats... works fine...

Big400EX
12-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Take the seat off at night and bring it into your house or something, I dont know I have a Recon, we dont usually do these things to our quads ;)

SRH
12-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Guy400

yeah do that, the shiny ones will crack, i alost have a nacs gripper seat non shiny set up for a aftermarket seat latch i want 40 bucks for if your interested ...complete seat

Bill Fuller
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
I ran one for well over a season of XC racing.I do most of my riding in the winter and never had mine crack????

Syrus
12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by EXRIDER400KFX
and then what happens when it gets cold again?:huh

Then u put the other ceet cover back on ? its winter, it will be cold for the next 4-5 months, not like its gonna get warm enough to put it back on for a while.