PDA

View Full Version : post-rebuild question

Alberta_Qaudin
12-20-2004, 09:41 AM
ok so my engine is finally back togeather with some much appreciated help from my buddies well i was at work.
k, so everything is running great all the power is there throtle responce is better than when it was new.......here it comes.......BUT when i'm runnin then stop i get a blast of smoke up from the engine in my face that smells like oil/rubber buring, any ideas or is this regular for fresh off of a rebuild, its only been out for about a 45-1 hour run

nosliw
12-20-2004, 10:37 AM
where is it coming from? when i first got my 400ex, i would see a little bit of smoke coming off of it and they told me it was the powdercoat or whatever the frame is burning off cause of the hot engine.

Alberta_Qaudin
12-20-2004, 10:42 AM
cant really tell i'de have to take the plastic off its coming from somewhere in the top of the engine....we did desil bath all the parts but it doesnt smell like desil burning off, or like it does when you first buy one. i'm going riding next weekend and if its still smoking then we'll be pulling all the plastic and the gas tank off again to get a good look at it