PDA

View Full Version : tether kill switch and numbers

Razorback
04-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Hello all,

I'm entering my first race this weekend and I have to get a tether kill switch and numbers/number plates. Wondering if any of you have advice where to get this stuff. Rockymountainatv.com has a tether kill switch for about $30. It's a Pro Design model. Is this a decent kill switch? Also, what's involved in installing this? I assume it is spliced into the existing wiring? or is is something else.

Also as I mentioned, I need to get a set of numbers. I have to get a number plate for the front bumper, the rear of the quad and the rear fenders. Is there a good place online that I could get this stuff in this week? I don't want to steal Leo's design :) and make my own.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

250xman
04-22-2002, 10:23 PM
where are you racing at? maybe i'll come watch!

Bart
04-23-2002, 05:47 AM
The Pro Design tether is probably the best one sold. Well worth the $30.

I just ordered some numbers and plates online from Dennis Kirk (www.denniskirk.com).

Good luck.

Razorback
04-23-2002, 07:54 AM
250xman - i'm either going to race at mosier valley in arlington or at the tqra race at four states mx track near texarkana. i'm sure i'll be real nervous, but i've got to start sometime. i just want to be safe and have fun. i'll worry about finishing good later.

fred - thanks for the info. i checked out denniskirk and they do have a very good selection.

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 12:09 PM
Marcums had a blue and purple Pro Design kill switch in stock. If not he can order your color. i think he will ship them for about $30

Tommy 17
04-23-2002, 03:23 PM
the pros design is a good kill switch...

if i were u i would order from nacs... they have everything u need...

ChadEXer
04-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Nacs will prolly have but for about twice the price!! I bought $8.99 airbox plug and by the time it was shipped they charged my card over $17. i will never buy from Nacs again,,,way to expensive!!!

Razorback
04-23-2002, 03:59 PM
thanks for all the input guys. i appreciate the help.

James70214
04-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Chadexer
I'm sure it cost around 8 bucks to ship from NY to texas. I always order from Nacs or I just drive up there.

250xman
04-23-2002, 07:18 PM
if my quad wasn't down right now i would go with you and we could both race for the 1st time in an actual race. wheres the one in arlington?

400exRacerX
04-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
the pros design is a good kill switch...

if i were u i would order from nacs... they have everything u need...

Tommy!!! I cant beleive you reccomended Nac's Racing!:huh Finally I knocked some sense into you! Nac's racing will have the kill switch and the number back rounds and numbers. I personally reccomend Nac's for there great customer service and they may charge alittle more but they support our sport!!! The pro design tether is 35$ from Nac's only 5 bucks more and that is worth the better service!

Razorback
04-23-2002, 08:08 PM
250xman - the race in arlington is at mosier valley. i think the 4th saturday of every month (which should be this coming weekend) they include quad racing. they have motorcycle racing about every saturday, but quads only once per month :( ...but at least they do race quads sometime.

get that quad fixed soon :)

ChadEXer
04-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Nacs is $35+ shipping, Plan to spend about $45 for it. you can order it from Marcums(which is definately the best service) and have it in your door for $30,,i think he sent mine for $25 but im not sure!!

04-24-2002, 05:47 PM
hey yall should come out to the 4th of July race at Higlands MX...its the start of the STC race season..im sure theres gonna be alot of quads out there ill be out there..hope to see yall there

Tommy 17
04-24-2002, 07:20 PM
hey norm i actually only want nacs bc i think it looks the nicest... and all the pros run it like me;) haha but if i could have any company that made them it would be rockt mt... they are the best or james lucky they all have treated me the best and i will continue to order from them... nacs isn't that great to me but i like there numbers:D

250xman
04-24-2002, 09:36 PM
as soon as i do get my baby fixed i'll be there. i've never been to mosier valley but i've heard alot about it. i dont know i fi would race once i got there though, football practice is KILLING ME!!!!! i think i fractured my arm yesterday too.:eek: it hurts to put weight on it so i dont think it would be a good idea to race with it like this but we'll see huh?

Razorback
04-25-2002, 08:02 AM
yeah, better get that arm better. racing will put a lot of stress on everything, and your arms would be at the top of the list. hope you get better soon.

RoostinOna400ex
04-28-2002, 12:16 AM
quadman19 I will be there if my dad is off!! Did you race last weekends sobe splendora race?? Are you going to race the 5th of may at splendora it is part of the stqra series and for series points!! Tell me what to look for so I can see you!!! Where at in Houston do you live?? Are any of you other guys racing the sobe race at moiser??