PDA

View Full Version : hmmmmm

nosliw
12-19-2004, 08:07 PM
i've got something in my left rear tire. sounds like a rock, and i can hear it bouncing around in there. no damage done to the bead or anything, and the valve stem core is intact. wtf? anything inside there that might have broken loose? sounds like its maybe the size of a marble.

devildriver422
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
idk but i have leaves stuck between my rim and tire and im pretty sure they go through the bead...no leak tho :eek2: idk how that could happen

fastkid400
12-19-2004, 08:13 PM
i have those in my tires, they arent rocks, they are like marbles with a hole drilled in em, have no clue what they are for, but all my older 250x tires have em in it.

nosliw
12-19-2004, 08:17 PM
like they were supposed to be in there? my other rear tire doesnt have one, dont know about the fronts....

this is weird maybe the government is trying to control my quad and have those things explode if i get too close to area-51 or something so im immobilized :eek2:

throwinitup
12-19-2004, 09:06 PM
dude theyre probably just rubber balls....they form after so long of the tire turning and turning....i was like wtf when i broke down my fronts to put my razr2s on...

nosliw
12-19-2004, 09:12 PM
fastkid400, were they hard like a marble or rubber like throwinitup says?

throwinitup
12-19-2004, 09:31 PM
when i had em they were like a marble but rubber...it cant be anything else but rubber...think about it it is weird tho :eek2:

TC426EX
12-20-2004, 07:30 AM
Actually man it is probably mud and rocks. If you are not running beadlocks, when you powerslide in turns, sometimes small rocks and dirt can actually get into the tire through the bead without you noticing it. When I sold my stock tires and rims they sounded like a cereal box when you shook them yet the tires were undamaged and had no plugs or flats...

throwinitup
12-20-2004, 01:12 PM
ah.. i had the rubber balls in my front tires.....so i was basing my post on that info...

jesshamner
12-20-2004, 01:26 PM
I heard it was some kind of lube they put on the stock tires when they put them on the stock wheels. I had them in all of my tires on my 400ex. When I pulled the tires off I finally pulled them out b/c I couldn't stand the sound of those things bouncing around in there. When I grabbed one and squeezed it, it flattened out. They aren't hard at all. Its almost like grease that has collected dirt and rolled around in there for a long time.

throwinitup
12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
well who knows what these mystery balls are...who cares? lol they arent harming anything, just annoying...who likes stock tires anyways...at least the fronts, they suck, the backs arent too bad but they wear so fast...

400exrider707
12-20-2004, 11:33 PM
It's actually just dirt. IT eventually rolls itself into little hard balls from the constant turning motion. It does get pretty annoying after a while. Chance are that if your rims are pretty much unscathed then its just dirt, but it is possible to get small pebbles and rocks too.

nosliw
12-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by throwinitup
well who knows what these mystery balls are...who cares? lol they arent harming anything, just annoying...who likes stock tires anyways...at least the fronts, they suck, the backs arent too bad but they wear so fast...

i care, i was the one to post the question, and got my answer. tc426ex's answer that is most logical, and frequent.

i like stock tires. :blah:
fork over $250 to the nosliw atv tire foundation and i'll get rid of them. maybe some more cause i want beadlock rims, too.

GoOn3
12-21-2004, 12:15 PM
grumpy grumpy.
doesn't "lol" mean, hey, I'm just kidding around...smile a little.

throwinitup
12-21-2004, 02:53 PM
lol grumpy grumpy indeed

IMO, tires are the first investment anyone should make....i got a set of beadlocks ill sell you...what u look to spend

Mxracer53
12-21-2004, 04:09 PM
yeh when i flipped my 450 in a race the back tire came off the bead but didnt lose any air so i finished the race and then saw it when i was looking to see if anything broke, then it popped back onto the bead. so now when i roll my quad and then stop it it sounds like abunch off marbles in their. but its dirt.:eek:

nosliw
12-21-2004, 06:15 PM
me? grumpy? no way

hard to read moods when on the net.... i was jokin

im lookin to buy some itpholeshot hd's.

so i can expect your check in the mail for the foundation? :cool:

throwinitup
12-21-2004, 08:08 PM
hahaha yeah its on the way... ;)

toby400ex
12-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Actually, theyre little aliens, theyre gonna getcha!:chinese: