PDA

View Full Version : shock suggestions

jay's 300
12-19-2004, 07:59 PM
A friend of mine is looking to upgrade his stock YFZ shocks, now my ? is. Is it worth the extra $ getting the rebound adjustment w/ compression adjustment, or just the comp adjustment. What's the best long travel shock for the money.

Thanks, Jason

Out_Sider
12-19-2004, 11:51 PM
definatly Elka

cdalejef
12-20-2004, 07:26 AM
On the rear you want comp and rebound for sure, as a matter of fact that is the only way that Elka will make them. Its not as improtant on the front but it is a nice option to have.
Like Out_Slider said, Elka is hard to beat!

jay's 300
12-20-2004, 03:41 PM
He was thinking about TCS or PEP. I told him Elka, but he wanted more than 1 opinion. I'll let him know. :D

Thanks, Jason

12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
I usually don't sell the rebound for Elka shocks on the fronts because it is an extra $300 and is really not needed if they are set in the ballpark from the factory. And if you are not an A class rider you probably won't know how to get them dialed in perfectyl or feel the difference anyways. I would rather have the High/Low speed Compression valving for an extra $100 over the Rebound and save a little money too. But you definetely want a Rebound adjustment on the rear shock!

TC426EX
12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
PEP...

flash
12-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Ohlins are hard to beat.

4StrokinJay
12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
If you want a good guy to deal with go to Martin @ Elka...the guys at PEP are ...well less then good.

R3Concepts
12-20-2004, 07:02 PM
ROFLMAO at the above post. HAHAHAHa lets not forget who came out with a ZPS shock first....ahh hhhhh PEP, Wayne Mooradian, best shock tuner in the nation hands down..oh and that other guy ahh I think he goes by Baldwin? :rolleyes:

4StrokinJay
12-20-2004, 07:14 PM
My comment was on their customer service, I wouldn't know how well he can tune a shock being that I was promised shipping 3 different times and when I called because they didn't show up nobody there had a clue what was up. I don't care who you are or what level of business you run I'll blackball in a heartbeat over that crap!

R3Concepts
12-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Well theres only 2 reasons thats Waynes behind... one, everyone and their mother wants PEP shocks and, two, being that PEPs shock business is Wayne and Ron thats it. Unless you factor in MB but hes more east coast. Speaking of blackballs damn them Elkas are rough.

monkeyboy
12-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Well theres only 2 reasons thats Waynes behind... one, everyone and their mother wants PEP shocks and, two, being that PEPs shock business is Wayne and Ron thats it. Unless you factor in MB but hes more east coast. Speaking of blackballs damn them Elkas are rough.

hows bout stfu an telllin u pep budddies ta sin me ma shoks i been waiten 2 yeeers 4:rolleyes:

i callllin elka an git em nex weeeek tired a waiten on dem chumpz:mad:

R3Concepts
12-21-2004, 04:34 PM
How bouts you give yourself a big pat on the back for being a moron and waiting for 2 years and not checking on a pair of shocks. Wayne does have a phone, maybe your order got lost, it does happen believe it or not. But Im all for you gettin them mass produced Elkas, have fun.

cdalejef
12-22-2004, 06:18 AM
I don't know about Monkeyboy's deal but Elka's are hand built. And yes I have been to the factory and seem them being built first hand. They are built for each individual rider.