PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carb

hart
12-19-2004, 06:58 PM
I was just on the edlebrock site and i was looking at the rpm chart it shows there carb puts out 4 more horsepower than stock im wonding is this true? do u guys like ur edelbrock carbs and r they harder to tune? im thinking about getting one that or sumthing differnt thanks for any advice.

Natertot426ex
12-21-2004, 12:36 PM
I own one on my 426 and I like it a lot. Very easy to tune and gives more power. Some people will say they like the FCR better but it is a toss up for me. I haven't had any problems with my edelbrock.

black400ex
12-21-2004, 07:53 PM
My friend has a 416ex with a cam, valves, etc. He had a Edlebrock carb and got it tuned at a dealer and has had no problems.

When riding once dirt got into the lever assy. and had a high idle, also cutting a small hole, in the arm boot, letting it leak a litte gas. Edlebrock replaced all of this and paid for shipping also. Edlebrock stands behind their name. Other than that it is awesome.

Big - D Racing
12-21-2004, 08:45 PM
I first got my edelbrock carb when my bike was stock except for a pro circuit pipe, k&n filter, and jet kit. The carb added more horse than my pipe kit, filter, and jet kit for sure. Well worth the money. They say a pipe kit adds 2-3 hp, so 4hp on that carb is true by my estimates, but I never got it dynoed back then.

enduro400rider
12-22-2004, 07:29 PM
i have one on my 400 and i think it gave it quite abit more power and edlebrock is an awsome company they will fix it for free too. i got mine used and it was all dirty and it wasnt really workin right i sent it to edlebrock they fixed it for free even though i wasnt the original owner and when i got it back it looked like new a performed alot better edlebrock really knows how to treat they customers plus its made it the US. id say get it there great

hart
12-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys it sounds good to me i think i know what carb im gona get now:)