PDA

View Full Version : I think my transmission grenaded

Mofo Racing
12-19-2004, 03:00 PM
I wasnt at the dunes for 1 hour and then my gears started acting wierd. when I would shift to second it would grab but then it would lose it and rev out. so I was going to bring it to the truck and then first gear locked up. I can pull in the clutch and crank it up but when I let the clutch go it binds up and dies. Im going to pull the clutch and HOPE its just the clutch, but I doubt it. has this happened to anybody or does anyone have any suggestions.

BSTURDIVANT
12-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Probably broken shift fork! definately inside case!

Aceman
12-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Yep, I'm going to have to agree with Bsturdivant. Something broke and lodged itself in the gears. Time for a case splitting.:(

Mofo Racing
12-19-2004, 07:20 PM
well I looked at the clutch and they are in perfect condition. Oh well I guess its time to split. Does anyone know of a cheap place to buy a clutch.

TC426EX
12-19-2004, 07:40 PM
Best of luck with that job bud... I had to split my cases twice last season. The first time was to replace a broken shift shaft and the second was because when I put it back together, the center case gasket slipped in the back and it was leaking... Good experience but its a pain in the ***...

gojk
12-19-2004, 08:02 PM
When it happened to me, a piece of the cylinder sleeve broke off and got into the gears, bending the main shaft, and breaking teeth off of 3rd gear and the shaft.