PDA

View Full Version : Need lowered foot peg suggestion's? Help

lacofdfireman
12-19-2004, 02:32 PM
You may have read my post a week or so ago about the A/C pro Peg install. I bought the pro pegs thinking that they would be my best option for lowering my pegs since they have that option of tuning the mounting bracket upside down. I installed them and it wasn't that hard. The only thing I really dislike about the A/C's is that the Heel plate is not far enough back for me. (I guess that's what it's called). The problem I have is probably mine since I wear a size 14 riding boot. But with these pegs I cannot get my heel back far enough to make it comfortable so I am going to sell them ($180 shipped) with maybe4 hrs riding time. I really like the stock pegs heal guard but also need the pegs lowered and need nerfs also. I figured the A/C's would be the best but they are not working for me. Anyone know how I can lower the pegs and what other brands of nerfs would you suggest. Also with lowering the pegs its easy to adjust the shift lever but is there any way to buy a brake lever that is lowered or has a drop to it?

BSTURDIVANT
12-19-2004, 03:11 PM
We use ACs that bolt to factory pegs because of the propeg location!

speedfreaksguy
12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
You should check out the DG National Series race peg nerf bars. The footpegs are huge! I am not a fan of DG but the quality on those Nerfs is top notch. I thought I saw an ad that said the peg height was lowered 1" but I can't find the ad anywhere. No heel skids solves your other problem. I have AC propegs on my 450 but I bought 250R style with no heel skids. I had custom pro peg mounts made to lower my pegs an inch, and I welded a pro peg style mount on the front of my frame.