PDA

View Full Version : What good jetting can do

DEAL
04-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Well , heres a proof of what a diffrence jetting can make.
This weekend crip_coast, i and a bunch of people went riding, We decided to go riding at this gravel pit in our area.
So we're riding down this fire road and we pull into the pit and see a yellow 400ex sitting there.
The bike looked stock other than a graphics kit and a twist throttle.
So dean (crip_coast) decideds to chalange the guy to a race.
So they go up the road a little ways and then we see dean come flying past the guy and ended up beating him with about 5 bike legnths in the diffrence.
So they raced 3 more times and dean was on top everytime, the other guy would get the jump off the start but dean caught up pretty quickly.
So i took a drive up to where they were sitting and asked the guy what was done to his bike , He looked a little upset. He said "i just put a 440 kit in this machine i don't understand why im not winning" So i asked him if he had a cam , he didn't , i asked him if he did any jetting, he didn't , he also installed a uni filter without re-jetting.
He also had 15/36 gearing vs deans 14/38
I told him hes probably running extremely lean so he better change the jetting before he messes up his bike.
Later on i took the 440 for a drive , it seemed to work pretty good but it had alot more low end and mid range power than it did top end.
Pretty weird huh?

Sparkles
04-23-2002, 09:41 AM
:D