PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to soften the ride on my 300ex?

Math300EX
12-19-2004, 06:21 AM
My 300ex ride really really harsh.

I never really noticed it until I rode my friend raptor.

When I got back on mine, I tought I was riding a skateboard without any suspension :eek2: :eek2:

So I was thinking if there was a way to soften the suspension/shock/spring etc???

I really hate how its very hard now.

Thanks!

jak8913
12-19-2004, 10:11 AM
to adjust your suspension jsut go out and get a spanner wrench for the size shocks you have and adjust them. in your owner's manuel, it tells which settings are best for the condition you ride in.

nosliw
12-19-2004, 10:49 AM
fill handlebars with silicone will help a little

redrunner
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Well I am sure you know about your adjusters, right. So from there not much other than new shocks. Works are about the cheapest, the rear can be replaced with a 01' raptor shock(remote rezzie), use a 400ex spring and it works well.

Math300EX
12-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
Well I am sure you know about your adjusters, right. So from there not much other than new shocks. Works are about the cheapest, the rear can be replaced with a 01' raptor shock(remote rezzie), use a 400ex spring and it works well.

Oh, I looked and I didn't see any adjusting screws. where are they located ?? I can't look atm because my Quad is in the garage at my friend house.

But if they are there, in which way should I turn them. Sorry for all those questions, I don't have a manual that came with the quad.

redrunner
12-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Well it is just the "basic" of all adjustments. Not screws but the collars the springs are contained by. They have like 4 lock out positions, you turn them on way or the other to change spring preload. If you don't have the tool for it a large channel lock plier will work. Turn so the spring increases in length.
However this will not create the ride you experienced on the raptor, the rear is far better then the 300's.

Math300EX
12-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Thank you very much RedRunner,

Your help is very appreciated, I'll look at it next time I go to the garage and give feedback of what I found.

redrunner
12-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Use the search button under your topic...say 300ex suspension or shocks. You will get a ton of info..including this...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112424

Math300EX
12-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, I reduced the preload from 3 to 1. Seems to have made it a bit softer.

Will have to see next time I hit the trail instead of riding in the field around my house.