PDA

View Full Version : '04 300ex exhaust

i30nes
12-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Been lookin around at the different exhausts lately. Was wanting some input upon which would be the best for overall power gain but not ungodly loud. Thanks ahead in advance.:confused:

LazeR
12-19-2004, 12:30 AM
HMF with quiet core :D

sled_ed 300ex
12-19-2004, 01:55 AM
I talked to alot of guys and most of them say that the sparks is realy good but i dont about the sound,its probably loud!!

i30nes
12-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks... I'm lookin for some opinions cuz a buddy of mine was sayin somethin bout a white bros pipe. But wasnt to sure. If the sparks is supposedly really loud, I dont think I will go that route. I do some night riding out in the trails here...
Thanks to those that replied... Any other opinions??

Out_Sider
12-19-2004, 01:16 PM
i have a DMC alien for sale for a 300ex, but it does not have a quiet core on it, so it is pretty loud, but you can buy a quiet core/spark arrester from Rocky Mountain and its suppose to put the dB level down to 93 which is decent, just let me know if your interested, i'll get pictures if you are interested at all

i30nes
12-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i have a DMC alien for sale for a 300ex, but it does not have a quiet core on it, so it is pretty loud, but you can buy a quiet core/spark arrester from Rocky Mountain and its suppose to put the dB level down to 93 which is decent, just let me know if your interested, i'll get pictures if you are interested at all

Thanks... But right now I am just tryin to get ideas on what to get for the time being. With X-mas comin up gonna be a little strapped on cash. So it wouldnt be till the new year.

JRP
12-19-2004, 02:37 PM
hmf is your best bet. but get the quiet core. cuz if not it is like 105db. and the sparks pipe is the best pipe out there(my opinion) but it has no spark arrestor. and it very loud. HMF ALL THE WAY!!!:devil:

throwinitup
12-19-2004, 09:04 PM
screw the neighbors, be loud, be proud, get a big gun full race or the good ol' sparks or TC

Pvt. Maggot
12-19-2004, 09:41 PM
I have a pro circuit T-4 shorty slip on for sale for 100 bucks +shipping...great pipe..MAD power increases. low deep sound. not ear splitting.

throwinitup
12-19-2004, 09:43 PM
hey jump on that t-4 for $100 good deal...hey man its xmas, give it to him for $85 w/ shipping included

by shorty, do you mean chopped/cut down?

i like the chopped silencers...
i got my chopped big gun full system friday for $175 :devil:

frosti108
12-19-2004, 09:50 PM
the sparks actually isnt that loud if you ask me...

i used to have a supertrapp pipe with some unknown aftermarket header and that thing was LOUD. the sparks isnt as loud as the supertrapp was

Tortured Z
12-20-2004, 04:07 PM

How much for the DMC and is it a full system?

rollie
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by throwinitup
screw the neighbors, be loud, be proud, get a big gun full race or the good ol' sparks or TC

:rolleyes: yeah and get the cops called on you all the time

if you wanta pipe be respectful to others unless your riding a track....my friend has a loud pipe on his 300 way back when i rode alot of trails and almost everytime he'd get cuaght by the cops

throwinitup
12-20-2004, 05:39 PM
i guess it all depends where you live, around here no one gives a crap..and i dont live in like a shanty broke down town either lol home of the pro football hall of fame canton, ohio

IMO, the dmc alien pipe is alright, its not wrapped up what you think it would be, for a "dual headpipe/through silencer" set up...my buddy has one of a 400ex and i can whoop on him and were both stock....

rollie
12-20-2004, 05:44 PM
i guess it all depends where you live, around here no one gives a crap..and i dont live in like a shanty broke down town either lol home of the pro football hall of fame canton, ohio

IMO, the dmc alien pipe is alright, its not wrapped up what you think it would be, for a "dual headpipe/through silencer" set up...my buddy has one of a 400ex and i can whoop on him and were both stock....

ahh i see well up here i live in yuppieland and it SUCKS....there building houses like crazy up here thats why NEATV-MX is sooo big...theres nowhere else to ride...as of right now we have ONE place to ride thats legal:mad: :(

throwinitup
12-20-2004, 05:46 PM
ohhh man that sucks...my riding area thats right by my house is having some real expensive homes built up around it...im sure ill get run outta there eventually...oh well theres all kinds of places around here...i bet 20 places in a 25 mile radius....its like...AWESOME lol

300exPat
12-20-2004, 06:45 PM
i love my hmf with white bros header, the slipon by itself made a huge bottom end difference, cant go wrong with the hmf

drifterx
12-20-2004, 09:04 PM
ohhh man that sucks...my riding area thats right by my house is having some real expensive homes built up around it...im sure ill get run outta there eventually...oh well theres all kinds of places around here...i bet 20 places in a 25 mile radius....its like...AWESOME lol

That does suck man! I'm just happy i live in small town america. But it is a town of mostly old people (so slow driving, grrrr!) I live on the outskirts of my town, away from the downtown and businesses, about a half a block away from the city limit. I just ride the half a block to the country, and rip around on the road by my house, when i need a quick ride (you know, sometimes you just have the urge to ride). Otherwise, some older guys i know built an actual MX track north of town about 8 miles, i go there often. Sometimes i go to my family's farm, and ride the woods. And the guys in my class made a poor-boys version, with a 12ft. table, and a few small doubles and such (its very half@$$ed) but its fun to ride there, i go there too.

Anyways, back to the tread! I'd go with a Sparks X-4. I'm getting one when i can just get around to ordering it! But the HMF/White Brothers combo would be a good choice too. Most any pipe would be a great performance upgrade for your quad!

Out_Sider
12-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Tortured Z
How much for the DMC and is it a full system?

200+shipping